chapter five.

Pandora 2

 PARK SHINHYE - PITCH BLACK


A sigh came out from the boy. His eyes fluttered open as he looked up at the ceiling. He could hear the birds outside, chirping to their morning tunes, and he could smell the sweet aroma of his grandmother’s cooking downstairs. He rolled onto his side, glancing at the clock on his nightstand. He groaned in frustration when he found that it was almost time for him to go to school. He wasn’t a morning person, and always hated waking up early. The sun beamed through the windows and hit his pale skin. Growing irritated, he rolled to the other side of his bed and covered his head with a pillow. There was a soft rapping against his door, and he heard his grandmother’s weak voice from outside, “Sehun-ah! You have an hour to get ready for school! Come down once you’re done. I have breakfast for you!” Sehun sighed and removed his pillow from his face, his hand over his eyes, still trying to block the sun’s light. He gently wiped his eyes, feeling wetness around them. He cried that night. He cried about what had happened. He didn’t know if it was a good or bad thing. First he was crying about the stress at home, then he cried about the memory of his parents, later he was crying about how happy he was to leave Incheon, and he wasn’t a crier either. He was full of mixed feelings, but now that the sun was up, he’s changed.

Sehun sighed as he sat up from his bed. He stretched his arms and yawned, trying to keep his eyes opened. He stumbled as he stood up, but managed to catch his balance and walk to the bathroom. After taking at least ten minutes in the bathroom, he shuffled downstairs, finding his grandmother making tea. He smiled, glad that for the first time ever since his parents died, he was able to wake up the next morning only seeing the person who had given him hope and not a raging family that always insulted him as he opens his eyes from a restless sleep. Sehun walked over to the kitchen table and sat down as his grandmother set the tea and bowl of rice in front of him. “How was your sleep?” his grandmother asked.
“Peaceful,” Sehun said. “Best sleep I’ve gotten ever since.”
His grandmother let out a soft laugh, “I’m sure that’s not true,” she said.
Sehun sighed before taking his first bite, “Believe me, it’s true,” he mumbled.

After a tasty breakfast, Sehun quickly changed into his school uniform. He glanced into the mirror with a disapproval face. He walked downstairs with his bag in hand, greeted his grandmother a goodbye for the day and stepped out of the house. Just as he closed the door of his house, he glanced up, finding his neighbor had just stepped out of their house. He watched as Minyoung exited her house and started to walk down the sidewalk to school. Unawarely, he started to walk along on the other side of the street, watching her. He didn’t know where the school was, so might as well follow her. But he stopped walking when he heard his name being called. He turned around and found his friends rushing towards him. “You were supposed to wait for us, how else would you be able to get to school if you didn’t?” Kai said. Sehun slightly smiled as his friends gathered around him and the six started to walk again.
“Hungry?” Baekhyun asked, pulling out a bag of wrapped up pancakes and banana milk. Sehun grinned. The six had always shared food as they walked to school, and now he was able to do the same again. He still wanted some even though his grandmother had already made him breakfast, plus he missed Baekhyun’s sister’s cooking. The boys started to eat their breakfast and within minutes, they were already in front of the school. Sehun glanced up, finding Minyoung walk past the school gates and hurried inside the school. Beside her was a tall male, carrying half of her books, also rushing inside. Sehun didn’t know why, but he had lost his appetite for pancakes and banana milk. He wrapped his pancake back into the bag and stuffed the pancake and the unopened banana milk into his bag.

Minyoung exhaled as she sat down at her desk. Jaesun gently set her books on her desk and looked at her. “How do you go to school like this?” her brother asked. “Those books feel like they’re ten pounds.”
Minyoung smiled and looked at her brother, “They’re not that heavy to me...” she said.
“That’s because you always carry them.” The five minute bell before school rung. “I’ll see you after school. Take care, kid,” he said, ruffling Minyoung’s bangs as he hurried to his class.
Minyoung sighed as she glanced at her folded hands on her lap. “I’ll try...” she mumbled under her breath as her classmates filed in. She turned her glance out the window and stared at the blue sky, waiting for class to start.

“...and this is where you’re going to be,” Chanyeol said with a smile, leading Sehun towards the classroom. “Suho and Baekhyun hyung are so lucky to skip a grade. But at least we won’t have noisy Baekhyun around in class.”
“Wait out here and introduce yourself to the teacher,” D.O said.
“Don’t I have to go to the teacher’s room?” Sehun asked.
“For our teacher? Psh, he’s never there so don’t have to,” Kai said and shuffled to his seat.
Sehun sighed and nodded as soon as the bell rang. He felt the students push their way past him to get to the classroom. He turned and saw a teacher coming. “You, shouldn’t you be in class?” Sehun opened his mouth to speak, “Oh, wait. You must be the new student. Alrighty,” the elder teacher said. “Come inside and introduce yourself to the class.” Sehun nodded and followed the teacher inside the classroom, but then he stopped when the teacher stopped walking and turned to him. “You know what, I’ll introduce you to the class. I need to get things done today,” the teacher said and started to walk in again with Sehun following behind. “Class, meet your new classmate, Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun, class 2-A,” the teacher simply introduced. “Please have a seat beside Miss Minyoung.” Sehun blinked and looked around. *Minyoung’s in this class?* He noticed the students in front of him whispered to each other and it made him a tad uncomfortable. “Mr. Sehun?” the teacher said, waiting for him to sit down. He suddenly paused and let out a chuckle, “Oh, sorry. Minyoung is sitting in the far corner near the windows,” the teacher said and quickly pulled out his worksheets. Sehun glanced up and found Minyoung. *Oh, her.* “And while newbie is off to his seat, I will pass out something that we all love: pop quiz!” The class groaned as Sehun headed towards the empty seat beside Minyoung.

Minyoung scooted closer to the wall, away from Sehun. Sehun noticed that, but ignored it and took the paper that was passed back for the two. Sehun slid the paper across the desk, handing it to Minyoung. He glanced up, finding Minyoung’s face turned towards the window, but her eyes were elsewhere. She scooted a tad further away from Sehun, making him wonder: *Do I smell bad? If not, then...what is it?*

Sehun sighed as he shuffled into the lunch line, quickly grabbing his silverware and food. He stood in line, waiting for the next person to continue. When they moved up, Sehun paused. “Man, I feel sorry for that new kid. Having to sit next to the ice queen robot.” Sehun glanced over his shoulder, finding a group of male students sitting at the table, gobbling down their lunch as they spoke. “What was his name?”
“I think it’s Sehun?”
“Sehun? Psh, that’s a funny name,” the boys said and let out a chuckle.
Sehun tighten his jaw as he looked forward and quickly grabbed his lunch and paid for them. He walked to where his friends sat and noticed Minyoung sitting in the far back of the cafeteria, books around her and her eyes glued to the books. He sighed as he sat down beside Suho. “Hyung... Why does Minyoung sit alone?” he asked.
Suho shrugged. “I don’t know.”
“I know!” Chanyeol said, butting in. “No one likes her!” he said as if it was a joke.
Sehun blinked and glanced at Minyoung. *No one...likes her?*


Long time no update. c; I’m seriously conflicted with what I want to write now. Let’s blame high school for all this. Plus, LEDApple. Because I no longer want to write about EXO. ;; I looked through the LEDapple tag recently, and only found 3 pages of them. D< you guys no give them love. So I will. c: Check out my oneshot: I Promise You. And a story: Paper Planes. Paper Planes is a bit like Pandora, but only, this will be a group of misfits. Sorry, no EXO for a while. c: My other stories are sent to my back-up account and they'll be on hiatus.

I Promise you

Paper Planes