chapter thirty.

Pandora 2

 BEAST - WHEN I MISS YOU


Sehun let out a tired sigh, looking down at the other, “Aren’t you tired of this by now?” he asked in a calm voice. “Is getting me in trouble really that entertaining to you?” he questioned. “Let me be honest with you today. I’m tired of this. I’m tired of being jealous of you for what you have. Just to let you know, do what you want to me. This time I won’t run away.”
Jinsung threw Sehun a glare. “Great, let me get my dad,” he said as he turned towards his house.
“Have you thought if your answer yet?” Sehun asked, making Jinsung pause in his tracks. “So Jinsung. Tell me, what would have happened if I was in your position and you were in mine?”
Jinsung hesitated to answer, “It would never be like that.”
“Right... Because I have no guardian who would listen to a single word that I would say...” Sehun mumbled. “I guess you’re just lucky.”

Jinsung smirked, “Yeah, I guess I am.”
“But you’re still a disappointment to your family.” Jinsung’s smirked disappeared. “Jinsung, you’re a good guy, but also bad. Fifty percent angel in front of your parents, fifty percent satan behind their backs.” Sehun glanced around and stepped closer towards his cousin. “I’m still surprised to why you haven’t asked me why I haven’t told your parents on you yet. Aren’t you wondering why?” He looked at his cousin, eye to eye. “Because I’m not trying to be the bad guy. I don’t want to be the bad guy in your world. But guess what, I’m the bad guy in your father’s eye. Only because I never told them about your bribes and what you do to make friends.” Sehun sighed and stepped back, stuffing his hands into his jean pockets, “You should be thinking of an answer to your new question from me: Why are you stuck in a world where you feel as if you’re appreciated when you never do the right things to receive such praise and appreciation?” Sehun stepped to the other side and walked past Jinsung, “Think very hard about it.” He brushes his shoulder against the other’s as he walks away.

Sehun stopped when he heard a chuckle come from the elder. “Wow, someone has changed quite a lot, huh?” Jinsung asked him. “Is it because of that girl?”
Sehun pressed his lips into a firm line, but kept his anger inside, “Just to let you know, I won’t tell anyone, only if you request that I do,” Sehun promises the other.
“I don’t need you to do anything for me, you bastard.” Jinsung raised his white fist and swung towards Sehun’s face, but his wrists end up being caught by the other’s hands. “I really, really hate you,” he mutters to the other as Sehun’s hand around the other’s wrists clenched harder around.
“Hate is a strong word... Think of something better,” Sehun replies as he threw the other’s wrists away from him.
“You have really changed a lot,” Jinsung said with a small cackle. “I don’t like this new Sehun.”
“Neither do I,” Sehun admits, “But I’m just happy that I’m making someone else happy.”
“This is probably the first time you didn’t fight back,” Jinsung announced to the younger. “Why?” He pushed Sehun’s shoulder back with two fingers, “Afraid?”

“I’ll fight back if you tell me...” Sehun mumbles. He glances to the side, finding Minyoung walking back home from school, eyes on him. He felt a sudden ache in his heart. “But I won’t fight back if you don’t.” He turned his stare back at his cousin, “Stop using your body for useless things. It doesn’t help with anything,” he mutters.
“Alright. Since you won’t fight, then I will,” Jinsung said, his temper reaching high. He raised his fist and took a swung at Sehun’s face, creating a new bruise and cut on Sehun’s pale face. “You’re an idiot,” Jinsung spat before dashing back inside his house.

Sehun sighed and stared at the ground, “Wasted my words and time for a punch.” He suddenly felt a light tug on his hand, and looked up, realizing Minyoung was in front of him.
“It wasn’t a waste. At least now he can think over what he has done,” Minyoung mumbles. “C’mon, your face looks ugly.” She dragged Sehun inside her house and sat him down on the living room sofa. “I’ll be right back,” she says calmly before walking away, then coming back with bandages and ointment. She sat in front of Sehun and took a cotton swab, dabbing one of the tips onto the ointment before applying it to Sehun’s small cut and bruise. She took a small bandage and covered the red cut on Sehun’s cheek with it. “Is that what you used to do to Jinsung before? Fighting back with him?” Minyoung asked as he gently patted the bandage into its place. Sehun bit his lip and nodded. Minyoung sighed as she sat down beside him, “You could have at least done something to stop him...”

“Are you... Mad?” Sehun asked.
“Why would I be mad?” Minyong asked back.
Sehun hesitated, but answered, “Because I avoided you for almost a month, leaving you with unanswered questions about me... Aren’t you mad?”
“Idiot...” Minyoung whispered, making Sehun look up at Minyoung. “Do you really think I would be mad at you?” Sehun looked down at his folded hands in his lap. “I thought you knew me well...”
“I do,” Sehun admits. “You don’t get mad often.”
“Then why do you think I would be mad at you?” Minyoung asked.
“Because...” Sehun says. “I broke your promise.”

Minyoung sighed, smiling and shook her head, “There’s no reason for me to be mad... If you want me to be mad, then you’re going to have to try harder than that,” she says grinning. “To be honest, I was mad at you because you were avoiding me. I think you should apologize to that,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest.
Sehun smiled at Minyoung, “Sorry...”
“Apology accepted.” Minyoung smiled at him before standing up and headed towards the kitchen. “Did you eat? I’ll fix us some ramen if you want.”

She rushed towards one of the cabinets and pulled out two packets of ramen and turned to the fridge to pull out two water bottles. Two pairs of strong arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, a face buried into the crook of her neck. “I missed you,” Sehun whispered.
Minyoung smiled and patted his arm that was still around her waist, “I missed you too...” she replied.
“Promise me something too,” Sehun continued to whisper. “Promise me that you will never leave my side.”
“I will,” she promised.
Sehun smiled and looked up at Minyoung as she pulled out the water bottles while his arms were still around her. He pressed his lips against her cheek making her pause. When he pulled away, he continued to hug her tightly. “I really missed you.”

“Ahem.” The two broke apart after hearing Jaesun at the door of the kitchen, clearing his throat.
“Jaesun, you’re home...” Minyoung said.
Jaesun nodded as he glanced to the side. “Are you guys eating?” The two students nodded. “Cook two more packages,” Jaesun said as he quickly dashed away with Ilsung following behind him.


HAPPY ENDING. For now.