chapter ten.

Pandora 2

 SUZY - DON'T FORGET ME (INST.)


“Sehun, you haven’t told me about your stay with your uncle yet. Has he been a good guardian?” his grandmother asked.
Sehun paused his actions and stared ahead, “Uhm... Yeah,” he lied. “He and his family are very...nice. Yeah, that’s it.”
There was a moment of silence from his grandmother. “. . .Your uncle told me that you ran away from home.”
Sehun turns around and faces his grandmother, “Uhm, about that-”
“I understand,” she interrupts. “I think he’s an annoying, show-off guy too,” she said and gives him a wink and a laugh.
The corners of Sehun’s lips curled up to a small smile. “So you think so too...”
“Even though I may be his mother, I still get annoyed with that kid.” His grandmother shook her head. “He shows off Jinsung too much nowadays.” She planted her palms on her knees and begins to tries to stand up. Immediately, Sehun is at her side. “Well, you should get going. It’s late.”

“No... Today is the start of winter break, I’ll stay for a while, gran’,” he says as he helps his grandmother walk back to her hospital room.
“You still need to sleep, Sehun.”
“But-”
“No buts,” she cuts him off, “Just go home, take your winter break and enjoy it!” she says and gave him a hand motion that shooed him away.
“Fine, fine. Goodnight, grandma,” Sehun said and left with a chuckle.

MINYOUNG, YOUR DAD AND I ARE OFF BACK TO KYONGJU. HOMESICK. JAESUN IS CHAPERONING ON HYUNCHAN’S SCHOOL TRIP FOR BREAK. WE’LL ALL BE BACK SOON. EAT, SLEEP, AND STAY SAFE AND HEALTHY.’ A sigh comes from Minyoung as she looks away from the sticky note that was on the fridge. She grabbed a cup of ramen and poured hot water inside, closed the lid and grabbed her books that were on the counter and moved it to the kitchen table, where she laid out all of her study materials. Walking back into the kitchen, she grabbed a pair of chopsticks, and a glass of cool water, picked up her cup of ramen, bringing it back to her seat where she began to eat and study.

Minyoung slipped her glasses on and tied her hair up in a ponytail, bobby pins between her lips as she tied her hair together, and she pinned her fringes to the side. She pulled out her bottle of blue pills and opened the cap, taking one pill out and slipped it past her lips. She picked up her glass of water and sipped the cool water, swallowing the pill along before turning her attention to her meal. The doorbell rang, which made her leave her spot and walk to the door. The girl opened the door, revealing Sehun on the other side. “Can I help you?” she asked.
Sehun looked at her, hesitating to tell her something, “I. . .Uhm.” A pause of silence. “Do you mind if I stay for a while?”
Minyoung blinked at Sehun before stepping aside, welcoming him inside, “Come in.”

Sehun sheepishly stepped inside, feeling a bit uneasy. Why was he there? “Are your parents gone?” he asked. Minyoung nodded. An awkward silence between the two as they stood. Sehun glanced over at the kitchen table, finding books and a cup of ramen. “Sorry, was I interrupting your dinner?” he asked.
Minyoung smiled, “It’s fine. I’m not really hungry...” A short silence. “So, how’s your grandmother?” she asked.
Sehun shrugged, “She’s okay,” he said, but his voice trailed. “She asked me about my uncle...”
“Mm,” Minyoung said as she sat back in her seat and slurped her ramen, while Sehun sat across from her.
“I. . .Can’t help, but get this feeling that I should help my grandmother. I honestly think that whatever the hospital will do to her, it won’t help her live as long. I know I’m supposed to be optimistic here, but I can’t help but think this. I also know she’s worried about my future. She told me to do my best in school. Looking back, I realized that I’ve been slacking. But it’s hard! It’s hard for me to pay attention in class and stuff.” A sigh. “I just. . .I. . .” Minyoung looked at Sehun through her blurry glasses that were only meant for reading. “Can you help me study?”

The girl in front of him blinked, a sudden question. “Please? If I do this, maybe at least, my grandma will be able to feel less stressed about my education, and maybe, my parents. . .won’t have to continue to figure out a way to help me while I’m down here.”
Minyoung shifted in her seat and adjusted her glasses, blinking.


Sorry for a lame, short, late update. orz. I’ve been so caught up in school lately. I’ll try to update Skyscraper and Paper Planes soon too.
I HAD A WRITERS BLOCK!!!!