chapter forty two.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - TURTLE


Two weeks later, Sehun finally discharges from the hospital and returns to his uncle’s house. He soon starts to study with Jinsung, but instead of Jinsung gaining his parents’ attention Sehun got all of his parents’ attention, which Jinsung didn’t mind. Sehun continued to study after realizing that fourth year high schoolers left school earlier than he thought. He studied from dawn to dusk with the company of his aunt considering his uncle left early in the morning for meetings and Jinsung continued to go to school. During those days of extreme studying, Sehun finally receives the praise and appreciation that he wanted. He expressed his feelings more towards his new family, interacted more with them, and shared new kinds of smiles and laughter with them.

All the bad tension of the old family had past, and Sehun started to feel happier than he was before. Each night that he studied he thought about three things: his studies, his family, and Minyoung. One he mostly thought about was Minyoung. He couldn’t help but wish that she was by his side right now so he could tell her how much happier he is, unfortunately that won’t come true.

Jinsung showed Sehun the box of Sehun’s childhood memories, and the one thing that caught his eye was the notebook that was filled with drawings. He remembered how received the lovely gift, a shy, pretty girl approached to him with it on his last day of elementary school in Seoul. She gave him one of the most prettiest smiles that he liked and still remembers today. Sehun looked in the box, finding a folder filled with the drawings that the girl had given him throughout their elementary school years together. “See? They’re all labeled Minyoung. Is this the girl you’ve been talking about?” he asked as he looked through Sehun’s old things in the box.
Sehun just smiled, “I don’t know,” he answers before tucking the notebook and drawings away. “Now get your out. I’m studying,” Sehun suddenly says that startles Jinsung as Sehun pushed the boy out of his room.

That night, Sehun lies in bed, staring at the textured ceiling, and sighs happily for the first time. *Tomorrow’s the day you must pass high school. Better do your best, Oh Sehun.* He smiles to himself as he closes his eyes. Every time he closes his eyes at night, getting ready to fall into a deep slumber, he wishes that he could continue his dream and hope to find Minyoung again. He may seem to feel like a complete idiot about it, but he really missed her smiles and strong words. He just wanted to be with her again. For some reason, Sehun didn’t know why the presence of Minyoung felt so real. It was as if she was really with him the whole time. He found it weird how he got a sudden dream like that during a coma. Another thing that he found confusing was how he knew his grandmother died before awakening. *Did she come to me to tell me that I was going to be okay? Is that why she introduced me to Minyoung? What if I was right all along? That she was just someone that was sent to me to make me realize what was really going on, huh?* He pulled his blanket up to his shoulders and rolled onto his side. *Well, whatever it was, I’m thankful.*

Sehun woke up the next day to Jinsung shaking the boy. “Yah, wake up!” Jinsung shouted.
“Leave me alone!” Sehun replies as he pushes Jinsung away.
“Don’t you want to graduate today?!” Jinsung asked as he pulled the tall boy out of bed. “Hurry up so we can leave!”

At last, Sehun finally came down and fully dressed with Jinsung following behind him. “Hurry up and eat so you won’t be late, okay?” Sehun’s aunt said as she placed the family’s breakfast on the table.
His uncle looked up at the boy, “Sehun, do you have a plan if you’re able to graduate?” his uncle asked.
Sehun took a bit of his rice and looked at his uncle, “A plan?” he asked after swallowing. “Is it okay if I go to Seoul to study?” he asked.
“You don’t want to stay here?” his uncle questioned, a tad surprised of Sehun’s question.
“I’d want to, but I just can’t stay in this tiny box called Incheon forever. Besides, I have a lot of people I want to visit in Seoul,” he said, grinning.
“Well...” his uncle started to say, but then Sehun continued to speak.
“But not right away. I’ll study here for two more years and continue the rest of them in Seoul instead,” he said with a small smile. “I’ll find a job.”
His uncle gaped at the boy who continued to eat normally, and then glanced at his own son. “Yah, Jinsung. How come you don’t have a plan like his?!” his uncle scolded the other.
“Isn’t becoming a soccer player good enough?! It’s still a goal!” Jinsung protested.
His uncle sighed and shook his head, while his aunt laughed, smiling at Sehun who continued to eat, “If your parents were still here, they would be proud of your decisions,” she commented, making Sehun paused for a second before smiling sadly at his aunt in reply.

The two boys hurried to eat their breakfast and ran to school as quickly as they could. The two separated when they entered the school. Sehun hurried towards the teacher’s office, finding the teacher in charge with his test. “Oh Sehun, are you ready for your exam?” Sehun nodded at the teacher before the two walked into an empty classroom. “Take your time and try your best, kid,” the teacher said before disappearing. Sehun exhaled heavily before starting his exam. Even though his relationship with his new family is different, he still wants to prove his uncle that he can do whatever Jinsung can do, even if he bribed his way through high school.

Days passed since Sehun’s test, and the family found out that he had passed with a perfect score. For a celebration, they went out to eat a luxurious meal. His uncle and aunt talked to each other quietly, while Jinsung was playing on his phone. Sehun stayed quiet and looked out the window of the restaurant. He looked down at the green paper crane in his hand that he had kept for a while. He gently unfolded the paper, revealing the words that he remembered writing to someone before, ‘Imperfect is the most perfect thing in this world.’ Sehun smiled at the words that were written on the small squared paper. He found that his plate of food appeared in front of him and put the paper back into his pocket before thanking and began to eat.

Graduation came days later, and one thing that made him happy was that he was being cheered on by his uncle and aunt as they watched him and Jinsung walk on stage. On their way home from school together as a family, Sehun fell asleep with a smile on his face.

He silently thanks his bad decisions and coma for bringing him happiness.


Awkwardo. lolz. one more? I must finish today! Only cause I’ll be having surgery soon and classes. otl