chapter two.

Pandora 2

 PHANTOM - BURNING


Time slowly ticked by, and Sehun grew impatient, staring at the clock and playing with his pen in hand, not paying attention to his teacher. Ever since his report card had come home, his uncle wouldn’t get off his back, and Sehun grew annoyed. There was a reason why he didn’t study as hard, and it was only because of Jinsung. Everything is always about Jinsung. Jinsung, Jinsung, Jinsung. Sehun never knew what was so amazing about him, and the two hated each other so, to the point where Sehun rarely stays at home with Jinsung’s family. He’d rather go out and be with his friends than be with a family member. Sure Jinsung was smart, talented, and he already knows what he wants to be. A freaking doctor. Of course, every parent in the city would want their child to be a doctor. Sehun, on the other hand, was the opposite: he isn’t smart like Jinsung, barely has any talent, and he has no dreams to achieve. Sehun had friends, but Jinsung had more friends. In fact, his friends are everywhere considering he traveled as he studied. Sehun wasn’t jealous of Jinsung, he just hated how he was always compared to his own cousin and how everything was about him whenever he’d have a conversation with someone. It seemed as if everyone on the Earth knew his cousin. Sehun just felt like he was unneeded, unwanted...just different from everyone else. It seemed as if everyone was only friends with Jinsung because of his intelligence, popularity, and looks, which Sehun thought was stupid of everyone.

Sehun snapped out of his daze when he heard a slam on his desk and jumped back. He looked up finding his teacher with a meter stick in hand, glaring at the student. “Mr. Oh Sehun, since your eyes seemed to be glued onto the board, mind telling us what the answer to the problem is?” his teacher questioned.
Sehun looked up at the board, finding numbers and letters everywhere on the board. He slyly shrugged and replied, “Ten?”
His teacher glared at the young boy, “No. Pay attention in class or we will have to call your guardians and you will spend an hour after school cleaning the classroom!”
“Just give me detention. We all know I’m not going to pay attention,” Sehun said, leaning back in his seat and crossed his arms.
“You- What- Go to the principal’s office!” the teacher demanded.
“Let’s wait until later, I’m going there anyway later,” Sehun said as he stood up.
“Where are you going, Oh Sehun?”
Sehun looked at his teacher with a smirk. He cocked his head to the side just on time as the bell rang for lunch. “Lunch. Where else? Unless you want me to starve,” Sehun said and followed his classmates out of the classroom as his teacher watched the rebel, flabbergasted.

Sehun sighed as he walked down the hallways with his hands in his pockets. He didn’t bother looking for his friends, they wouldn’t even care if he wasn’t around them anyway. “Sehun!” The boy paused and turned around, finding his friend Dongho rush towards him. “You comin’ to eat lunch with us?” Sehun shook his head. “‘Aite, suit yourself,” his friend said before rushing away. *Huh, some friend.* Shaking his head, Sehun walked towards the restroom, inside he found his enemy, Sunghyun.
“Oh, hello, Sehun. It’s nice to see you here. Come here often?” he questioned as he washed his hands and looked at himself in the mirror.
Sehun raised a brow, but played along with sarcasm, “No, this is my first time using a toilet and sink!” he said. He walked past his enemy and stepped into a stall, closing it behind him.
He heard footsteps, but it wasn’t making its way towards the door, but to his stall. He stepped back and waited. It was kicked opened, finding Sunghyun in front of him. “Don’t use sarcasm with me, idiot.”
Sehun looked at the boy in front of him. “I just did though.”

“It equals point four one zero seven,” Minyoung said, turning to the teacher.
The teacher nodded with a smile. “Correct. Thank you for volunteering, Minyoung. You may sit back down.” Minyoung nodded and shuffled towards her desk in the back corner. She silently sat down and glanced out the window, finding the blue skies, white clouds and glistening sun outside. The teacher continued to teach her lesson, but Minyoung soon tuned out from the lesson and continued to look out the window. Her thoughts were interrupted when the bell for lunch rang. “Remember that page two hundred and thirty one to page two hundred and thirty three is due tomorrow!” the teacher said before everyone could leave.
Minyoung sighed as she filed out of the classroom with her classmates. “Oh, Minyoung!” She looked up, finding her history partner walk towards her. “Sorry I didn’t text you about the project. I totally forgot about it,” he said.
Minyoung nodded and pressed her lips into a straight line. “It’s okay. It’s done so it doesn’t matter anymore,” she said.
The boy smiled and nodded at her. “Oh, well. Good work,” he said, patting her shoulder before walking back towards his friends and they all laughed.

Minyoung sighed as she lowered her head, walked down the hallways slowly. *No... It’s not okay...* She shook her head. She hated working as a group on projects, especially with people who don’t get good grades, but even with straight A students, she’d still do all the work on a project. She barely had time for leisure time, and spent all night just to work on homework and projects. She sighed as she walked towards the cafeteria doors and rubbed her forehead. “Minyoung,” she heard her brother say. She turned and found her brother, Jaesun, standing behind her. “Are you okay? You don’t look well...”
Minyoung smiled at her brother, “I’m fine, oppa. I’m just tired lately.”
“It’s pretty obvious that your pills aren’t working. Stop taking them and try to rest more,” her brother said with a frown.
“I’m fine, I’m fine~” she said.
Jaesun nodded and sighed, “Alright. Take care okay?” Minyoung nodded and watched as her brother walked away.

She turned to enter the cafeteria, and walked towards the lunch line, quickly grabbing her meal and paid for them. She walked towards her empty table far in the back of the lunchroom. Feeling eyes on her, she looked down and sighed. Her tray suddenly flipped back, rice landed on her chest and the rest on the ground. She heard silence through the cafeteria, and she looked up, meeting an angry fox. “H-Hyerin! I’m sorry!” she said. Minyoung looked at Hyerin, her mascara ran down her cheeks, making her look like a clown. Her hair was wet and she was shaking with anger. “I-I-”
“YOU,” she said. “I WILL KILL YOU!” she said and pushed Minyoung onto the ground.

“Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!” Sehun stumbled out of the hallway. His lip was cut, and little blood began gushing out. He his lips and flinched as he walked backwards as Sunghyun walked towards him. *Ew. Blood.* Sehun quickly dodged as Sunghyun threw a punch at him, but Sunghyun was able to punch him in his stomach making Sehun collapse onto the ground. Sunghyun ran towards Sehun and started to kick the boy as the crowd around them thickened. Sehun curled into a ball, hugging his stomach and clenching his teeth in pain as Sunghyun continued to fight him. He suddenly heard ringing in his head, a painful ring. He opened his eyes, finding the crowd around him, but only his vision was getting vague. “Principal! Run away!” Sunghyun kicked Sehun the one last time in the back and ran away. Sehun tried to catch his breath and looked around. His vision was beginning to become clearer, looking up, he found the principal standing in front of him, shaking her head.

“Keep your arms up, Oh Sehun!” Sehun grunted as he put his arms back up in the air. “Wait a little longer. Your guardians are coming,” the teacher mumbled and walked into the staff room. Sehun sighed as he tried to keep his arms up, tried his best to ignore the pain at his knees. He heard the sound of footsteps and looked up, finding his uncle and aunt. He sighed and shut his eyes, only knowing what will be coming up next.

Jaesun ran towards the principal’s office and found his younger sister in the seat across from the principal. “What happened?” he asked as he took a seat beside his young sibling.
“Miss Lee here started a fight in the cafeteria room,” the principal said. Minyoung sighed and looked down, ashamed.
“She what?” Jaesun asked. “Sir, I’m terribly sorry about that.”
“Since it was an accident, we’ll let her off. However, Miss Hyerin is how suspended from the school for a week for fighting back. I think you should apologize to her, Minyoung,” the principal said.
“But I-” Minyoung began to say, but stopped herself, “Yes, sir.”
“You may leave.” The two sighed and stood up, walking out of the office.
“Are you okay, Minyoung?” Jaesun asked, looking at her from head to toe. “It wasn’t a serious fight, right?”
Minyoung looked at her older brother, “I’m fine oppa...”
“Good,” he said, sighing of relief. “Hopefully mom and dad haven’t heard anything about it.”
“Yeah...” Minyoung mumbled as the two started to walk home. She wasn’t worried if her parents would scold her for being such an insecure child, she was worried about her parents becoming worried about her. She already had enough of that years before.
“I thought you and Hyerin were friends,” Jaesun said.

“That was years ago.” It was true that they were friends, but Hyerin changed into the not so sweet and innocent girl and suddenly turned into a girl that wore low shirts and had one boyfriend once a week. Ever since middle school, Minyoung was left in her own little world as he friends one by one left her to be with Hyerin. She knew that Hyerin hated her, but she didn’t know why. The reason was a mystery, and it seemed as if she’d never find out.
“She can hold a grudge for so long. What did you even do to her?” Jaesun asked, but his younger sister stayed quiet.

"You despicable child! I don’t even understand how you’re my brother’s child! You have caused so much trouble lately, Oh Sehun. Straighten up and try to make your family a better image. Be like Jinsung!” his uncle said.
Sehun looked up at his uncle, again with the Jinsung. “Be like Jinsung? Be like Jinsung?! Don’t you realize that your own son doesn’t even know how to speak English after studying in Canada for three years?!” Sehun raged. “Most people would know how to speak English and French after spending three months in Canada! That doesn’t seem smart at all!”
“At least he’s smarter than you!” his uncle replied.
Sehun glared at his uncle, clenched his fists as the house filled with silence. Sehun was the first to speak, “...I wish it wasn’t my parents that left me, then I wouldn’t be in this place that’s really called hell,” Sehun said and marched upstairs to his room, slamming the door.

He collapsed back onto his bed and sighed, plugging his ears with loud music from his earplugs. His eyes shut closed and he let his mind wander off on its own. It was the first time he had exploded in front of his uncle, and he knew that he just made the situation worse than it was before. His uncle was angry at him, now he’d be even more angry at the boy, especially when he hears that Sehun is insulting his own son. He hated being compared to his cousin, and it was stupid how he was being compared to someone that he never liked in the first place. It was hate at first sight between he and Jinsung. The two always pretended to have the friendly relationship around others, but they soon turn to enemies when not being watched. Sehun didn’t understand why Jinsung would be so smart to everyone’s eyes. Sehun could also be as smart as Jinsung, but he didn’t even bother. He will go wherever faith takes him, and he will find his future on his own. He didn’t need anyone to help him with finding his future. Sehun was sure that if his parents were still alive, he’d have a normal life. ...His parents. Sehun sighed and rolled onto his side. The thought of his parents made his heart sank. It had been years since he had last seen them, alive, and he missed them terribly. He wished that his parents had not died, only because he wouldn’t end up living with his uncle and aunt. He felt like Harry Potter, being stuck in his room every day and night, sneaking food into his room, and tries to escape from the house. If his parents were still alive, he wouldn’t be in this situation and he would be able to keep a smiling face all the time. Sometimes he wished his parents wouldn’t have told his uncle and aunt to take care of him. He was living in hell, and he hated it. If only he was able to escape it all.

His hands suddenly clenched into fists, and his jaw tightened as he sat up on bed. *I’m a big humiliation to your family, huh? Psh, you deserved that. Now I deserve something back.* He glanced at his opened closet, and his eyes landed on the duffel bag on his top shelf of the closet. *I had enough fun with humiliating your worthless family, and you’re growing boring. I think it’s time for my leave.* Sehun exhaled and stepped towards his closet.


Last time I’m saying this, okay:
This is not a continuation of the first part of Pandora. You guys have seen what had happened to Minyoung before, but now it’s Sehun’s turn to tell what happened to him while Minyoung was having those illusions. Ilsung was in the first part of Pandora. Jinsung is the second part of Pandora. Both are different people, but will make appearances in the story. Ilsung and Jinsung are two different people. Sorry if that got everyone confused. Read my notes. It’ll be helpful. Sehun is unf. LOL My cousin is annoying me. Kay. I’m done.