chapter twenty two.

Pandora 2

 EVERY SINGLE DAY - ECHO (ACOUSTIC VER.)


Sehun sighed as he sat on the bus, waiting for Minyoung and Daehun to tag along. He glanced outside, seeing Daehun’s family saying final farewells before sending off their crossdressing son off to the city where he could study peacefully. He frowned at the sight of the family in front of his eyes waving at each other as they separated. *If I wasn’t much of a troublemaker, and I told them that I would go to Seoul to study like Daehun, would my uncle’s family do the same?* He sighed and shook his head. *No. No. They would never do such thing even if I asked them...* Sehun looked up as he finds Minyoung stepping onto the bus and took the seat beside Sehun as Daehun sat in front of them. He gave Minyoung a small smile as he scooted closer towards the window as she sat down. “You okay?” she asked. Sehun smiled and gave her a small nod. “Did you get the chance to let all your stress out?” she asked as she rested her head on Sehun’s shoulder.
“Not really...” Sehun said. He waited for the girl beside him to respond, but the only reply was silence. Glancing at Minyoung, he found her asleep already as the bus started to move.

Within an hour or so on the bus back to Seoul, it started raining. Sehun glanced around, finding almost all of the passengers had fallen asleep, even Daehun was asleep in front of him. He turned his gaze back outside and covered his ears with headphones, plugging the cord into his phone. Sehun leaned his head back against the seat as he listened to the soft music surrounding him. He felt a small tug on his arm and glanced down, finding that Minyoung’s arm was hooked to his, her hand gripped tightly to his forearm, making Sehun’s face light up with a smile. He turned his attention back outside the window, only finding that the rain left trails behind against the glass, blurring his vision from the world out beyond.

*Me and Jinsung, who’s perfect, and who’s imperfect? Of course Jinsung is the perfect one since he makes many happy... What about me? Does this mean that I’m imperfect. For years in Incheon, I hid my cries and screams from my true family, even if my family now is just Jinsung’s family. But that’s fine right? Considering they always kept everything from me. But that’s not right, right? My uncle... Really thinks that comparing me to Jinsung will make me better? Is it because he knows what Jinsung’s doing? Bribing the school to give him good grades. But why does he care about my future? Sure, my parents told him to take care of me too, but it’s obvious that he shouldn’t care about my future... Neither should I...* He sighed, listening to the sound of rain hit against the glass window and the concrete highway roughly. *Should I tell my uncle if they really don’t know what Jinsung’s doing? But... Sometimes the truth really does hurt... So maybe I should be the good guy and not let them endure the pain of their son getting his own way by money. But then I would be the bad guy on not telling them. But if I tell them, I would be the bad guy to Jinsung. Either way... I’m either the good guy or the bad guy.* He looked down at Minyoung who continued to sleep peacefully. *Everyone is half and half, good and bad. But in this world, why am I named the bad guy in this family?* Sehun continued to stare at Minyoung. *Are you the only human being who sees me as the good guy?*

Two hours later, the bus had stopped at the bus station in Seoul. Minyoung woke up as the bus stopped, finding Sehun looking down at her. She lifted her head off of his shoulder and smiled, “Sorry. Does your shoulder hurt?” she asked. Sehun shook his head as the two stood up, waiting for others to get off the bus. “It’s raining here too?” she questioned as she glanced out the window. The two quickly got off the bus with their bags, leaving Daehun following behind with a big luggage.
“I’ll just uh... Leave first,” Daehun said. “Hyung is probably waiting for me outside...” He quickly waved to the two as he strutted out of the station with his luggage rolling behind him.
“Since it’s still raining...” Minyoung turned her attention to Sehun, “I’ll go buy us an umbrella. We’ll stop by at my place first...” he says as he rushes towards a store in the bus station.

Sehun quickly searched for umbrellas and went down aisle to aisle, until he finally found a basket of umbrellas at the end of the last aisle. He quickly grabbed an umbrella and hurried to the register to pay for it. As he waited for his change, a familiar figure was outside the store and made Sehun froze. *Damn it.* Sehun turned his attention back to the cashier to take his change and umbrella, and ran out of the store and towards Minyoung. Luckily, the two were far away from the family of three that he saw, but they can still see him if they looked around. “Let’s go,” he grabbed Minyoung’s arm and pulled her out of the station without an explanation. Sehun quickly opened the umbrella as they stepped out into the cool, rainy weather outside. He exhaled sharply as if he had held his breath in the whole time they were in the bus station, he was just happy to not be noticed by his uncle’s family.

“Why are you avoiding them?” Minyoung suddenly asked, as if she knew what was going on.
Sehun glanced at Minyoung and let go of her hand, “Oh, I just felt like I had to.”
The girl beside him sighed, “You’re running away from your problems again...” she mumbled, ending their conversation.
The two slowed their walking pace as the sound of rain crashing into the pavement beneath them continued on. “What if you saw something that you shouldn’t have seen, but you kept the secret from people when you want to tell others about it?”
“What’s the meaning of it? Nothing.”
“Nothing? What?”

“It’s fifty-fifty. Also meaning that it’s nothing. Either way, you will be in the same situation, but with different people depending on which path you take.” Minyoung sighed as they slowly entered Sehun’s apartment building. “So what are you going to do now that your uncle’s here?” she asked.
Sehun frowned and sighed as well, “All I know is that Jinsung will also come to the school.”
“And it seems like the only thing that you care about right now.” She turned to a ninety degree angle and faced Sehun.
“What?” Sehun questioned.
“We’re trying something new this time. This time, you will ignore the fact that your cousin is here, and you will continue to live your life as it was before he came here. Alright?” Minyoung said.
Sehun chuckled and nodded, “Fine fine fine. But if I do anything bad towards him, it’ll be your fault. ‘Cause I can’t hold in my anger that good as you do.”

The two entered Sehun’s apartment and sat back on the soft sofa with smiles on their face. “I can’t wait until school starts again...” Minyoung comments. “I just want to end all this stress from school already...” Sehun chuckled from her comment and closed his eyes as he leaned his head back against the sofa. “You didn’t sleep during the bus ride?” Sehun shook his head. “I’ll let you sleep then. I’ll come back later with dinner,” Minyoung says before she gathers her belongings and hurried out the door for the boy to get some rest.


Uhm. I don’t know what I just wrote, but I know what I’m going to do with this story.