chapter thirty six.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI FEAT. VERBAL JINT - BE WARMED


“Why’d you call me up here?” Jinsung asked as he stood behind Sehun. The two stood on the school’s rooftop once again, alone. Sehun glanced out at the view. The sun hung high in the skies, clouds scattered and light wind blew through his hair. It was peaceful to Sehun to be up on the rooftop, even if his rival was with him he felt at peace. It’s been so long since he had let out a heavy sigh and all the weight has lifted off his shoulders. He didn’t bother turning around to glance at his cousin, but he began to speak to him as Jinsung stared at the back of Sehun’s head.
“Have you thought of your answer yet?” Sehun asked.
“What answer?” Jinsung questioned, utterly confused.
Sehun sighed and closed his eyes, still keeping his back facing his cousin, “Why you are still in a world who praises and appreciates you when you’re not doing anything right when you shouldn’t feel appreciated at all?”
He heard his cousin scoff behind him, “Isn’t that the same question that you asked yourself when you and I stood on the rooftop of that abandoned building?” he asked. “Why am I still in a place like this? A world that doesn’t appreciate me,” he quoted Sehun.
“That’s a different question that has a different answer than yours... You’re appreciated, I’m not. I’m doing the right things, you’re not...” Sehun said, still standing like a statue as he spoke. “Our answers to our questions are different...”

“Well, both questions are stupid,” Jinsung spat.
“It’s only stupid to you because you didn’t think about it thoroughly,” Sehun muttered. “It wouldn’t seem stupid if you actually thought of the answer, you’d understand.”
Jinsung gave a half laugh, “What are you talking about? You’re becoming weird, Sehun. Are you on drugs as well?”
“Do you think I’m going to answer that question? Either way I answer, yes or no, you would tell your father that I do.” Sehun exhaled slowly, “There are a lot of questions you have to answer, Jinsung... And only you can answer them.”
“Oh? Like what?”

"How am I suppose to know your questions?" Sehun said. "I said you can only figure out your questions and answer them." Jinsung stared at the boy in front of him, "I can't do everything for you..." he muttered.
Jinsung lets out a half laugh, “Tell me why you haven’t told my dad yet,” Jinsung said. “Are you scared?”
Sehun stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned to face his cousin, “Why should I tell on you?” Sehun asked. “It’s your life, I’m not going to ruin it.” Jinsung raised a brow. “He’s your dad, not mine. Who do you think he would even listen to? Of course it’s you. Even if he were to listen to me, that means that I would the family fall apart just because of what you do. You know you’re the only reason why your family is still together. I mean, your parents fight a lot when you were studying overseas. The only made up when they thought of you. They were worried that once they fell apart, you would also that you’d stop studying. If my parents were like yours, they’d do the same...”
“Why suddenly mention your family?” Jinsung asked.
Sehun shrugged, “Just wondering what it would be like if my parents were still here.” Sehun looked at his cousin, “Oh, why haven’t you told them?” he asked, mentioning Jinsung’s secret.

Jinsung sighed and pressed his lips into a thin line, “Don’t you think I want to? I want to, but I can’t.”
Sehun glanced to the side, “Because you don’t want the truth to hurt them?” Sehun chuckled at the slight thought of their first time talking together without breaking into a fight. Jinsung nodded as he clenched his fists. “Just tell them to bare with it,” Sehun simply said, making Jinsung’s eyes move towards his. “The truth is always going to hurt, but the lies are always comfortable. But the more you hold in the truth, the more painful it will become. For both you and the listener.”
“Why did you really want me to come up here?” Jinsung suddenly asked.

Sehun sighed and slightly shivered as he felt the wind brush against his face, “Just wanted a calm chat with you for once.” Sehun turned back towards the scenery, “I just want to really know what my cousin is under all that evilness,” he muttered.
“Are you sure you’re not going to jump again?” Jinsung asked. “Like before? I remember you calling me to come up to that one building’s rooftop so I can see you jump, while you watch me suffer. That backfired.”
“I’m not that idiot today like I was before,” Sehun said. “I’m sure that I won’t do another reckless thing like that anymore...”

Evening fell, and Sehun walked Minyoung home. “Are you sure you’re okay?” Sehun asked as he glanced over at Minyoung for the millionth time. “You’ve been quiet all day...”
Minyoung lets out a weary exhale and nodded, “I’m just tired, that’s all,” she said, and nothing more.
The two continued to walk in silence for minutes. Sehun was the first to speak again, “What are you going to study in university?” Sehun suddenly asked.
“...Psychology? I don’t really know yet...” Minyoung answered quietly.
Sehun chuckled, “You already have a plan... That’s good enough... I don’t know what I’m going to do with my future...”
“It takes time to know what you’re going to do anyway,” Minyoung said as the two arrived at the street that she lived on. She suddenly stopped and turned to face Sehun. “Sehun, have you done something in the past that seemed bad?”
“Anything besides fighting? No,” Sehun answered. “Why?”

“My brother thinks that you did something in the past that worries him if I spend much more time around you,” she told him truthfully. “You haven’t done anything, right? Nothing like I have done, right? I almost committed suicide once, you haven’t done something like that... Right?” she continuously asked, her eyes looking at his, waiting for the answers.
Sehun glanced elsewhere and sighed, “Maybe... You know how hard it was for me...”
“But, you didn’t drug yourself for suicide?” Minyoung asked.
Sehun bit his cheek, avoiding eye contact with Minyoung, “No...”
“Then what did you do?” she asked.
The boy exhaled heavily, “I jumped...” he admitted. “Off a building.”
Minyoung raised her brows at him and tilted her head, “What?”
“I didn’t get hurt or anything... Someone grabbed me when I already jumped, and saved me. I don’t know who it is though...” Sehun said. He was wondering if Minyoung was mad at him this time by the way she continually asked questions, but he was too afraid to look at her. Instead, he felt a hand around his.

“...Don’t do anything reckless like that, okay?” she told him, gripping on to his hand tightly.
“I won’t. Promise.”


Small update for the day. More to come this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it. I’m aiming on two more updates today? Ps. your comments make me laugh. lol.
pss. don't be alarmed when you see that I uploaded a new story. i'm not abandoning pandora if i do so. lol. it's just for after cause i'll be lazy to upload it later.