chapter thirty nine.

Pandora 2

 SUNNY - THE 2ND DRAWER


Sehun stretched out his arms as he walked out of his bedroom. He straightened his school blazer and walked into the living room, finding Minyoung sound asleep on his sofa. The boy smiled and grabbed a blanket, walking over to the figure on the sofa, gently draping the blanket onto the petite body. “You do too much, Minyoung...” Sehun whispered, before pressing his lips against her forehead. Not wanting to wake the girl up, Sehun grabbed his bag and headed out of the apartment, closing the door as quietly as he could and off to school he went.

Lunchtime came, and Sehun was called down to the teacher’s office. As he walked down to the teacher’s office, he pulled out his wallet, finding a few twenties inside. *I’ll buy her bubble tea and ddukbokki.* He smiled to himself and put his wallet back in his back pocket as he entered the teacher’s office. “Teacher, you wanted to see me-” Sehun paused when he found his uncle sitting in front of his teacher’s desk.
“Oh, Sehun. I called your guardian down here because I was worried lately ever since I noticed how you started to space out in class quite a while,” his teacher said.

“Not doing school work, making girls cry, grades lowering, what else can you do wrong?!” his uncle shouted at Sehun. “This is about the one hundredth time that I came to your school for a parent teacher meeting! When are you going to stop? I have a family of my own that I need to take care of!” Sehun sighed and looked out the window of his uncle’s car. *So what he’s saying is that I was never part of the family. Then what am I? A stray animal that they picked up to torture?*

“Are you done disappointing my family?” his uncle questioned as he drove Sehun back to his home. “I’m tired of your stupid moves. Seriously, you’re just like your own father. You both always say that you make the right decisions, in the end, I always have to take care of it.” His uncle exhaled sharply. “Should’ve just sent you to the orphanage.” Sehun slightly flinched at that remark and frowned as his fists clenched tightly. “You should have just gone overseas with Jinsung so I didn’t have to worry about you.” Sehun glanced up at the passenger seat, finding Jinsung quiet. It was probably the first time he had seen his own cousin keeping his out of a conversation that involved him and his uncle. “By the time you graduate, just so you know, I’m no longer your guardian. So just stay in your small apartment. From now on, keep your out of trouble. If you really cared about your parents and if you really wanted them to be proud of you, then you should have studied as hard as Jinsung-”

“I don’t need to study to make my parents proud,” Sehun butted in. “And neither do you. You’ve already disappointed them anyway.”
“Yah, this punk-”
“Stop the car,” Sehun demanded. “Instead until graduation, I’ll just leave your family now. It’s not like I ever felt like I was part of your family anyway,” Sehun said as his uncle stopped the car, making Sehun hop out of the car and slam the door shut.
“Yah! Get your back in this car!” his uncle shouted.
“I wouldn’t have left if you didn’t stop the car,” Sehun responded before walking away and towards a bus stop.
His uncle sighed, “Forget that idiot,” he muttered as he started to drive again. He glanced over at his son, finding him quiet. “You’re quiet than usual,” he commented.
“Hmm,” was all Jinsung said.

Sehun huffed as entered his apartment. “Minyoung, you here? I got you some bubble tea and ddukbokki,” he said as he shuffled into the kitchen, finding Minyoung reaching up his cabinet for a mug. He smiled and walked towards her, grabbing her wrist, “I got you bubble tea. Just drink that instead,” he said. Minyoung nodded, lowering her hand, letting Sehun take the chance to laced his fingers with hers. “Did you sleep well this morning?” he asked as the two sat down at the table.
“Yeah...” Minyoung answered.
“You stayed here all day?” he asked.
“Where else?” Minyoung questioned as she opened the box of ddukbokki.
“I thought you might go back home or something...” he muttered as he stared at her.
“No one’s there at the moment...” she replied.
Sehun looked at her, “Oh, are they still away?”
Minyoung looked down at the food and drink before replying again, “Yeah. Sure.” The two sat in silence for a while as Minyoung sipped on her drink. “I’ll leave tonight...”
Sehun pouted, “So soon...”
“It was going to come anyway...” Minyoung  mumbled.
“What?” Sehun asked.
Minyoung paused for a second before responding to him, “Nothing...”

The two took a while to finish their small meal. Sehun continuously spoke, while Minyoung stayed silent and just listened. “Are you okay?” Sehun asked, frowning. “Am I boring you?”
Minyoung looked up at the light haired boy, “Why would you be?”
Sehun looked at the girl, “You’re barely talking, and you’re more quiet than usual. It makes me worried...” he said.
“Oh,” was all she said.
Sehun bit his lip as he cleaned the table and returned to her. “I have something to ask you,” he says. Minyoung looked at him, waiting for his question. “Minyoung, do you like me?” Sehun asked.

Minyoung looked up at Sehun, then back at the ground, then him again, hesitant of her answer. “No,” she answered. She didn’t know why, but she felt a huge pang against her heart.
“Then... If I told you I liked you, would you say that you like me back?” he asked.
Silence, then an answer, “No.”
Sehun bit his lower lip, his eyes grew red and teary, his now balled up fists shook. A moment of silence grew between the two. “Well, I like you...” A sigh came from the boy. “I shouldn’t have asked...”
“Then close your eyes... You will feel better...” Minyoung whispered. She had no idea whether or not if Sehun had closed his eyes, but she hoped he did.
A weak chuckle came from Sehun, “You always give the best advice,” he muttered. Minyoung sensed a hint of hurt and sadness from his words.
“No, I don’t.” She sighed and stood up, “I’m going to leave,” she said, but Sehun grabbed her arm and pulled her close to him.

He sighed as he hugged her tightly, “Even if you don’t like me back, just hear me for a second, okay?” Minyoung stood still and waited for him to speak. “I really like you. It’s not really easy for me to become so attached to another. You know that I can’t find good friends, nor can I try to make friends. But for some reason, I became too attached to you to the point that I had fallen in love with you in such small amount of time. I don’t know why or how I started liking you. Maybe it was because of your smile that makes me want to smile as well, only because when you’re happy, I’m happy and I know that I’m okay. Or it could be of the words that you say to me that stops me from doing something that I shouldn’t do and make me do something better.” He took a deep breath before continuing, “Now that I think about it, I just have one last question that I want to ask myself. Why do I like you? It’s probably because it’s you... Because of you, I’m finally able to get out my tiny dark corner and see reality. And that if I ignore a problem, it can never go away, even if people say it can. I’m not alone either.” He tighten his grip around Minyoung’s waist, “To experience happiness, you have to go through sadness. To be successful, you have to be unsuccessful at everything. To feel the absence of something to feel the presence later on.”

Minyoung sighed and glanced elsewhere, “You can’t be attached to someone forever, even if they make you happy. ‘If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects,’” she quoted. “If you’re too attached, you will have to let them go, it’s the best way. Being too attached to people can make you forget what you’re trying to get, that’s not a good thing at all.” She looked at Sehun, “You know better than I do. I tried to harm myself in front of you, but you stopped me. Even if you say you can’t, you’re able to stop yourself from doing whatever you feel like doing to make the pain go away.” She sighed, “What would you do if I was just a dream? A figure that doesn’t exist? Nothing but thin air?”
“Huh?” Sehun questioned as he let go of her.
“It’s obvious that you haven’t seen reality yet. But you will, soon.” She paused for a second before continuing, “Oh, and... Don’t forget your promise,” she muttered.
“Besides Sehun, it’s time to say hello.”

Sehun raised a brow as he looked at her when she faced him, “Hello?”
“If you really love someone, you have to let them go. In the end, they do come back...” Minyoung said. “If you want me to be happy, then you have to let me go, so then you can also be happy.”
“Y-you’re leaving me?” he asked. He looked at her emotionless face as he tightened his fists.
“I told you, I hate it when people feel what I feel. So stop feeling hurt,” she said. “You don’t know the whole truth, actually. So there’s no need to be hurt about it.” She started to walk towards the door, “It’s time you open your eyes and see what the real world has in store for you. Keeping your eyes closed for a long time isn’t a healthy thing... Sometimes, you need to know and feel the truth. Sometimes the truth feels good,” she said with a small smile, and opened the door to leave. “Goodbye.”


UPDATE FOR THE DAY. I don’t know if I’ll update later. I’m too busy today.
if you guys don't get part of this then that means you don't remember what happened before~ /sings/