chapter seventeen.

Pandora 2

 TAEYEON - BYE


Sehun woke up hours later, finding Minyoung’s head in front of his eyes. He sat up and sighed, receiving a painful headache. He looked down at Minyoung who slept in an awkward position on the ground. Her head against the sofa cushion, her arms hugged her knees to her chest. Sehun chuckled and shook his head, pulling the blanket off of him and knelt down beside the sleeping girl. He gently picked up the light girl and placed her on the sofa, pulling the blanket up to her shoulders. He smiled down at Minyoung who continued to sleep peacefully before standing straightly and stretched back as he walked to the kitchen. Sehun quickly heated up water and waited for it to warm up. He stared at the ground, remembering what happened hours before. He remembered drinking maybe only one bottle of beer that Baekhyun forced him to drink, and then his friends were more rowdy than usual after many bottles for themselves. At that point, he quickly left Baekhyun’s house and found Minyoung outside. Funny how he wished he could see her minutes before he left, and he felt relieved, but guilty when he approached her. But he was glad that Minyoung was there. It was like she was his guardian angel. Today, he was thankful for having her as a friend.

After that day, he realized that his friends had changed into extremely different people than he thought they did before. He never thought that Baekhyun, Kai, or Chanyeol would suddenly start drinking. They were still minors, and it was still a bad thing to do. At that moment, he thought that only Minyoung was his friend, saying that she had never changed since then. But why would he say that? He remembered always rejecting Minyoung’s presents in the past when they were still children. Yet, he barely knew anything about her except for the fact that she had a crush on him. All these years of being stuck in a world where everyone insulted him, he felt that Minyoung was different, and she was the person who actually helped him out of the mess that he created himself. He left the past aside, and moved onto the future. But now he hopes that Minyoung would be by his side forever, and continue to be that friend that will help him get through his troubled life.

Sehun’s thoughts were interrupted by the steam from the boiling water that hit his face. He quickly poured the warmed water into a pair of mugs, and took out two packages of tea, placing the tea bags into the mugs, watching the tea swirl around in the mug and spread. He turned to one of the cabinets and pulled out two cups of ramen, peeling the covers off and poured in the remaining hot water into the ramen noodles. He put the cover back on and waited for the ramen to soften. Looking up, he found Minyoung awake and standing in front of him. A smile lit on his face, “Hey, you woke up,” Sehun said. “Sit down, I’m making us something to eat.” Minyoung sighed and sat in one of the seats. Sehun turned to one of the drawers and pulled out two pairs of chopsticks and two spoons. He turned his attention to the tea, and pulled out the used tea bags and threw them into the trash can. “I’m glad today’s a weekend...” he said with a smile as he handed Minyoung the hot tea before turning to the ramen. He poked one of the ramens with chopsticks, seeing if they had softened or not. Noticing that they had not yet, he looked at Minyoung, finding her sipping her tea peacefully in a way that made Sehun smile. “You should probably go home after this. Your parents are probably worried...” he said, trying to hide the hint of sadness and guilt in his voice as he passed Minyoung her utensils and ramen, and bringing his own to the table.

Minyoung looked up at Sehun and blinked, “And what about you?” she asked as Sehun slurped on his ramen. He stopped in mid slurp and looked up at Minyoung. He cleared his throat before finishing his slurp and looked up at the girl beside him.
“I’ll just stay here...” he said, before taking a sip of his warm tea. The two ate in silence for a while until Sehun broke the silence around them, “How’d you know I was with the hyungs?”
Minyoung set her ramen cup down and took a sip of her tea, ending by gently wiping her lips with a napkin, “I went to your friend, Suho’s house and asked where you were. Only because it was unusual for Suho to not be with the rest of you. I had a weird feeling too, so...”

Their breakfast quickly ended and the two cleaned up after themselves before shuffling back to living room. Minyoung picked up her bag and held the strap up to her shoulder, “I’m leaving,” she announced as Sehun sat on the sofa, turning on the TV and gave her a small smile and wave. Minyoung smiled in reply before turning towards the door. She quickly turned around before her hand touched the doorknob, “Are you going to be okay alone?” she asked, worried. Sehun gave her an assuring smile and nodded. “Are you sure?” she asked again, and he nodded again. Minyoung sighed and opened the door, stepping out of the house and sighed as she closed the door behind her. Sehun sighed as he flipped through the channels on the TV, looking for something to watch. His front door abruptly opened, making him slightly jump in his seat. He soon realized that it was Minyoung, who came in with a worried face. “Sehun...”

Sehun hurried down the corridors of the hospital, Minyoung following behind him. He searched for his grandmother’s hospital room, hoping that the news wasn’t true. Tears streamed down his face and his heart beating like crazy as he felt it starting to shatter into a million pieces when he started to get closer and closer to his grandmother’s room. He heard Minyoung call his name many times, but he couldn’t stop running for his grandmother. When he reached to the room, he ran inside and his eyes widened. A perfectly clean, unused bed was in front of him. “Oh Sehun?” Sehun turned to the door and spotted the nurse with a clipboard in her hand. “We have some bad news for you...”

The two students sighed as they sat down outside on a bench. Sehun leaned down, burying his face in his hands, getting his thoughts sorted out. His grandmother was gone, that’s what the nurse said. *What will I do without her?* He began to silently weep in his hands again. *She said that she’d give her house to my uncle... If I stay there, he might control me again.* He sighed as he wiped his tears away. *Why did you leave?* Sehun suddenly felt arms around him and a head on his shoulder. He glanced over his shoulder and found Minyoung hugging him tightly. It was the warmest hug that he had ever received. He would smile, but his heart was too broken to give her an assuring smile. “Let out your feelings...” Minyoung whispered. “It’s best to cry and let it all out instead of keeping all of your feelings inside.”
Sehun let out a small chuckle and sniffled, “Men aren’t suppose to cry...”
“Men don’t, but boys do. For today, you will can skip being a man and be a boy. Just cry as much as you want,” Minyoung said, giving him a kind smile.

Silence surrounded the two as Minyoung continued to hug Sehun, patting his back as well. “Minyoung...” Sehun finally said after a while.
Minyoung pulled back and looked at Sehun, “Hm?”
Sehun exhaled and glanced at Minyoung’s hand. He needed support at the moment, and Minyoung was the one right there. He took the chance to grab hold of her hand, holding it tightly. “Would this be a good time to say ‘hello?’” He looked up at Minyoung finding a confused face on her. “If you can’t say goodbye, then say ‘hello’,” he quoted Minyoung. “I can’t say goodbye at the moment... Should I say ‘hello?’” he asked. “Because if I do say goodbye, then that means I’ll be going away, and going away means forgetting. I’ll be forgetting my own grandmother... So should I say ‘hello?’” Minyoung couldn’t help, but smile at his words and nodded. Sehun smiled back as he leaned back in his seat and exhaled calmly. “Hello, hello, hello, gran’.” Sehun looked at his hands and sighed, “...Hello.”


“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” - PEEETEEEEHHHER PAAAAN.
Oh, and "Never say never." - Justin Bieber. HAHA. /shot. <- bad joke that i don't even understand.
haha. sorry for not updating lately. ever since vacation, my mind has been blank. don’t worry i’ll continue to update. GUESS WHAT’S COMING UP NEXT. It’s your favorite person EVER.
FROM THE STORY.