chapter fourteen.

Pandora 2

 SUZY - DON'T FORGET ME


Christmas Day came to an end, and the next day, school started again. The hours flew by, and for the first time Sehun looked at the clock that day, it was time for him to get out of work and get home. He flung himself onto his bed after the long, tiring day. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he reached inside to grab his phone. For the first time, his cousin was calling him. Sehun paused, wondering whether or not he should answer. If he didn’t, his cousin would call him over and over again. If he did... Well, he might as well get it over with by answering. Sehun quickly answered the call right after he made his decision, and held the phone to his ear. He didn’t greet his cousin, nor did the other. “You do know that something is wrong with you, right?” his cousin questioned, sounding rather rude on the other side.
Sehun raised a brow, “Excuse me?”
“Don’t play innocent with me, you dumb . Tell me the truth, did you cheat on your exams?” his cousin questioned once more.

“What makes you think that I cheated?” Sehun snapped back.
“Well how else would you be able to pass the exams with an almost perfect A?” Sehun blinked. “C’mon. You and I both know that you would never study for anything. And I know that you wouldn’t even try to even study if you had to.”
“Oh? Just because I passed the exams, it means that I’m cheating?” Sehun crossed his arms as his temper started to grow. “What if I actually studied for exams and worked my off to help grandma during all that?”
Sehun heard his cousin scoff on the other line, “Study? Work? Wow, Oh Sehun. You’re incredible. Stop lying. We all know that you couldn’t have passed the test without cheating.”
Sehun bit his lip to hold back, “You don’t study either so...” Sehun stood up and walked around his room, “Tell me then, Jinsung, what did you get on your exams?”
“That doesn’t matter now. We all know what I got.”
“Yeah, and I’m the only who knows how you did it.” There was silence on the other side. “I know that you ch-”
“Shut up. I’m hanging up.” The line went dead.

Sehun sighed as he stared at his black screened phone. Truthfully, he didn’t mean to say that out loud. But oh well, the words accidentally slipped out past his lips without him knowing. He sighed as he stood in front of his mirror. Honestly, the boy was in a stressed, bad mood. He stared at the boy who gave him a blank stare back and said, “Sehun... You finally got the A you wanted.” A smile spreads across his face.

“Congrats.” Sehun turned around and jumped back. He breathed heavily and exhaled sharply when he realized that it was Minyoung.
“How’d you get in here?” he asked with a smile.
“Your door was unlocked...” she said and smiled back.
“Oh...” Sehun said, chuckling at himself. “Are you always this quiet?” he asked as he and Minyoung made their way down the living room.
“What?” Minyoung asked back, blinking innocently.
“You’re really quiet, you know that? You should have made some sort of sound instead of just standing at the door, watching me. You’re really quiet at school.”
Minyoung smiled and sat down beside Sehun on the couch. “Oh... I know...”

“Don’t you feel kinda...” Sehun tried to search for the right words, “Lonely when you’re this quiet?”
She turned her gaze to the ground and sighed, “No, I’m used to it.” Silence started to grow between them until Minyoung spoke again. “What about you?” she asked. Sehun raised a brow as he looked at the girl beside him. “I’ve been seeing your friends ignoring you lately, not clingy as they were before.”
Sehun exhaled sharply, “I’m used to it. Suho and Kyungsoo hyung were only ignoring me because they care about school more than friends. I understand that-”
“But what about the other three?” Minyoung asked.
Sehun sighed, “I don’t know what’s going on with those three... I guess they’re not the same as they were years ago.” He glanced at the ground. “I guess people really do change as time flies back...” He continued, “But you haven’t really changed have you?”

Minyoung smiled and shrugged, “Have I? I mean, I should have changed a little. Everyone has something that has to be changed in order to make their lives easier.”
Sehun looked at her and smiled a little, but making it impossible to notice, “Well, you have been less social since elementary. That’s at least the only change I see.” He didn’t mention about her crush on him when she was younger, but he failed to not think about it.
“Hmm... I guess if an environment changes, everyone else will change also...” Minyoung said.
“Must be...” He sighed, “You do realize that you’re... An outcast at school right? Everyone says you are.”
Minyoung gave him a small smile, “I know. That’s just who I am.”
Sehun stayed silent for a while. “Well... You know what? You won’t be an outcast anymore.”
“Why not?”
“Because outcasts aren’t outcasts if they have just one friend.” He smiled at her, “I’ll be your friend.”

Silence surrounded the two for moments. Minyoung was the first to break the silence, “I told you that you did good on exams.”
“No you didn’t,” Sehun said back, grinning.
“Yes I did~”
“No you didn’t.”
“You know what, just shut up.”
“I’m fine with that,” Sehun said, grinning.


Short update again. otl.
so, I’ll continue to work on Pandora until it ends. then I’ll finish up the others after this. c: