chapter thirty eight.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - DON'T SAY GOODBYE


Sehun’s eyes fluttered open to the smell of homemade soup. He groaned as he sat up in bed, rubbing his tired eyes before standing up and shuffled out of his bedroom. He rubbed his neck that felt too dry and sore inside and headed for the fridge, pulling out a bottle of water. “It’s better if you eat some soup than drinking water...” Sehun glanced to the side and found Minyoung at the stove, pouring the soup into a bowl for Sehun. “Especially if you’re sick,” she muttered. Sehun set his water bottle down and shuffled towards Minyoung as she set the bowl of soup on the table with a spoon. “Are you feeling okay?” she asked. Sehun watched Minyoung as she placed her palm gently on his forehead. “Your forehead is burning.” Minyoung frowned and sighed as she sat down across from Sehun at the table. “You should have taken better care of yourself... No one can take care of each other all the time you know...”

“I missed you,” Sehun said, making Minyoung look up at him and then turn her gaze elsewhere.
“Did you wait long?” she asked, keeping her eyes away from Sehun’s.
Sehun nodded, “I thought you were avoiding me like how I avoided you...” He took a sip of his soup.
“Sehun,” she said. “Would you be mad if I broke a promise?” Sehun opened his mouth to reply, but Minyoung continued, “Or would you be sad if I broke a promise? Would you cry, maybe?”
“It depends... If it’s too serious, I mean. I might be mad or sad. But you’re not the kind of person who could make me sad...” Sehun answered with his first grin in days.
Minyoung stared at Sehun sadly, “Right... Yeah.”
“Oh, are you going to school tomorrow?” Sehun asked.
“I’m too stressed at the moment. If I go to school, I’ll be more stressed,” Minyoung muttered.
Sehun frowned a bit, “Oh... Is everything okay?” he asked. Minyoung just nodded. “Alright...”

Minyoung stayed until Sehun slept again. She sighed as she gazed at him as he slept. *Did you miss me so much that you got yourself sick? Idiot... You’re such an idiot...* She closed his door and shuffled into the living room, sitting on the sofa and the TV, setting the volume on low. *I’ll stay for the night...* She reached for her bag on the floor and pulled out her bottle of blue pills along with her books and pencils. The girl stood up and walked to the kitchen, grabbing a mug and filled it with water. Taking her bottle of pills, she opened the cap and tipped the bottle to her hand, lightly shaking it to get a pill out. Out of nowhere, a hand gripped onto her wrist and yanked the bottle of pills out from her hand. She looked up, finding the old emotionless Sehun beside her. “Don’t do anything reckless...” he muttered.

“I just need it to study,” Minyoung protested.
Sehun frowned at her, “Once you take one, you will want more. The more you take, the more you think you need,” he said.
“Don’t worry about me, worry about yourself,” Minyoung said, reaching for the bottle, but Sehun raised the bottle in the air.
“Just because I have to worry about myself, doesn’t mean that I can’t worry for another at the same time,” he said to her in a harsh tone. He turned around with the bottle and walked into the bathroom with Minyoung running behind him. He dumped the bottle of pills into the toilet, not caring whether or not Minyoung was either mad, sad or whatnot. He flushed the toilet and watched the pills disappear before turning to face Minyoung. “Don’t do anything reckless,” he repeated. “Just because you told me to do that, doesn’t mean that you don’t have to,” he said, glaring down at her. He sighed and looked down, closing his eyes. “And remember your promise you made to me... Never leave my side.”

Minyoung kept herself quiet the entire time and shuffled back to the living room without saying anything. Sehun sighed and followed her, “Minyoung-”
“You’ve stopped me this time, but just to let you know, I have more of those at home,” Minyoung said.
“Do you often take those when you’re stressed out?” Sehun asked.
“I told you don’t know me well,” she muttered and took a deep breath. “I’m going home.” Minyoung grabbed her bag that was lying on the ground and took her books, not bothering to put them into her bag and headed for the door.

Strong arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, a face buried in the crook of her neck, that all made her stop in her tracks. “Minyoung...” Sehun said in a raspy voice from his sore throat. “Sorry,” he whispered. “I just wanted to keep you safe that’s all,” he told her.
Minyoung turned around to face him, “Let me worry about myself, while you worry about yourself. The more you worry about others, the more you set yourself aside and you will be stressed. Or sick,” she said, referring to Sehun’s fever. Sehun smiled down at her and let out a tired chuckle, leaning towards her to press his lips against hers.


Short update for now. Maybe another update later?