chapter fifteen.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - IT'S BECAUSE I MISS YOU TODAY


March soon came. The snow started to melt, and the sun started to shine more. But now, school was becoming harder than before. Sehun sighed as he looked at the letter notice about parent teacher meetings that were coming soon. Lessons were being taught, but all Sehun could think about was the meeting. He had no parents, nor a guardian to take to for the meeting. His grandmother was his guardian, but why on earth would he take her out of the hospital when she’s sick? Truthfully, he wanted to hear what his teachers had to say to him. He had already heard what his past teachers said, and he hoped to not hear those words ever again. Sehun’s thoughts were interrupted when he heard Minyoung’s chair move against the tiled floor. He looked up and found Minyoung walk up to the board and pick up a chalk stick, working on the math problem that was on the board.

At that moment, he couldn’t help, but sigh. He truthfully was jealous that the students around him had parents or any guardian to take them to the meetings. He was even jealous of Minyoung and Jinsung. Minyoung had parents, and two brothers, while Jinsung had parents who cared about him. While Sehun was left with a dead grandfather and parents, his uncle’s family who didn’t care about him at all, and his grandmother who was no help at the moment. He knew that he was wishing too much at the moment. He wished for his parents back, he wished that his uncle’s family would be more understanding to him, he wished for his grandmother to be well. Now he wished for best of luck on his own life. He knew he screwed up his life after moving into his uncle’s house, which led him to a difficult life. He regretted rebelling his uncle, but he had to. His life was troubled before anyway. They were just an addition that made his life worse.

When class was dismissed, the whole class fled the hallways, leaving Minyoung and Sehun behind. Sehun sighed as he swung his bag over his shoulder, and waited for Minyoung to finish gathering her books. When the two started to exit the class, Sehun felt eyes on him, which felt strange. The stares behind him sent chills down his spine, but he ignored them, only knowing that people were judging him for being with Minyoung. The feeling of being watched was gone when the two exited the school, and Sehun lets out a heavy exhale. “So are you ready for those exams tomorrow?” Minyoung asked Sehun as the two started to walk their way back home.
“What exams? I don’t remember any exams,” Sehun said, looking at Minyoung with a panicked face.
Minyoung smiled and lets out a small laugh, “It’s just a small exam for us third year students. I think it’s to see what kind of college we should go or something. You should have paid attention to the announcement rather than the note for parent teacher meetings.”

Sehun grew quiet when she mentioned of the meeting, and he lets out a quiet sigh. “What am I going to do?” he mumbled to himself with a sigh, hoping Minyoung didn’t hear.
Minyoung smiled softly and said, “Why don’t you ask your uncle to come? Maybe it will be able to prove that you’re more than your cousin. Your uncle would understand what’s really going on.”
“No, no, no. If I take him to the meeting, he’s going to be all negative. Like if the teacher said that I was turning in all of my homework in time, he would say that I probably got the answers off of someone else’s.” Sehun exhaled sharply as his head lowered, “If my grandma came... No... I don’t want to discard her from the hospital just for a meeting. Her health matters more,” he mumbled as he rubbed his aching forehead.
“Why not have my parents go for you?” Minyoung suggested, making Sehun look at her like she was a crazy woman. “I mean, they wouldn’t mind, if that’s what you’re thinking. They wouldn’t mind doing it for you.”

“I-I don’t want to bother them though. I mean, there’s you, Jaesun, and Hyunchan that they have to go to meetings to. If they go to mine-” Sehun was interrupted when Minyoung spoke.
“It’s okay. Truly, they don’t mind. In fact, they think of you as part of the family,” Minyoung said with a smile.
Sehun blinked, “They do?”
Minyoung nodded, “So don’t you dare think that you won’t be able to go to the meetings without a parent, mister. ‘Cause from now on, my parents are your parents. My brothers are your brothers, and I am your sister.” The ends of Sehun’s mouth started to curve upwards into a small smile. “So, think of my family as yours.” She stopped walking and looked up at Sehun, “Because we will always be by your side if anything goes wrong,” she said and poked Sehun’s shoulder as she smiled and started to walk again, leaving Sehun letting out a chuckle.

The two continued to walk side by side towards Sehun’s house. “Do you miss your parents?” she asked.
Sehun looked at the ground and nodded, “All the time.” He sighed and looked at Minyoung, “Sometimes I would wish for them to come back or something. Sometimes I regretted letting them leave during a snowstorm on the day they all left.” He shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets, “But I’m getting used to it. Usually I would call to them for help, which is completely useless since nothing changes when I do...”
“Mm... What if they sent someone to help you?” Minyoung asked.
“If they did, that would be amazing.” He suddenly fell silent for a while as they entered his house. “But, what’s past is past. I can’t return time to be with them. But honestly, it was really hard for me to say goodbye to them.”
The two students both sat down on the ground with the coffee table in front of them. They both took out their books and laid them neatly onto the coffee table. “Was it really that hard? Is that why you can’t stop thinking of them?”
Sehun nodded and smiled slightly, “I try to not, but then I realized that my greatest memories that were made were with them, no one else...”

“You know...” Minyoung started to say as she pulled out her reading glasses and pencil bag. “If you can’t say goodbye, then say hello.” Sehun glanced at the girl beside him as she slipped on her reading glasses. “If it’s too hard to say goodbye to someone or something, it’s probably easier to say hello.” She opened her history book to the assigned page. “Why hello? Because it means that even though they’re leaving you, you both will still meet again someday. Maybe not in this lifetime, maybe some other time.” Sehun listened in closely to Minyoung’s words as she pulled out a highlighter and pen from her pencil bag. “Truthfully, in this world, there’s no goodbyes. If you say goodbye, eventually you will come back without even knowing. Goodbyes aren’t real at all. On the other hand, hellos are for everything. Whether if you’re just greeting, first meeting, or seeing again, you’re constantly using hello. Whatever you do, wherever you go, you will end up meeting them again.” She heaved a sigh before continuing, “Goodbyes are impossible, even though it seems like it’s not...”

“So... I should say hello instead of goodbye?” Sehun asked.
“Yep. Hello,” Minyoung said, turning her full attention towards the book.
Sehun sighed and looked at his folded hands on his lap as he whispered to himself. “...Hello...?”


Eheeheheheh. I wanted to write moreeeee. But terribly sorry about the short updates lately. otl.
[SPOILER ALERT]
GUYS I WANT TO WRITE ABOUT DAEHUN AGAIN. REMEMBER HIM?! oufihaiolkfjskldfjodg THAT BOY I MISS HIM SO MUCH. I want to write about his crossdressing part to where he ships like 1498235 things. I KNOW YOU MISS HIM TOOOOOO. Should I leave out Ilsung? (Not Jinsung. OTL)