chapter twenty.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - IT'S BECAUSE I MISS YOU TODAY


“I’m pretty sure that Sehun likes you,” Daehun said as he his ice cream. “I mean, the way he looks at you, takes care of you, and whatever he does. He’s like a bodyguard or something.”
“Sehun and I aren’t together, and we won’t be,” Minyoung said as she sat on the sand and gazed at the blue waters before them. Daehun looked up at Minyoung, a bit surprised at her answer. “We’re just friends.”
Daehun raised a brow, “You remind me of one of my classmates. She says she doesn’t want to date since she’s still young. She won’t even date until she’s out of college.”
“Only because if we start dating at an early age like this, who knows what would happen. We’re still immature at this point. If we date at this age, we fight, break up, and we don’t understand each other. It’s better to date when you’re mature,” Minyoung said as she drew random lines in the sand.
“You seem mature. So does Sehun- Actually, he’s not,” Daehun said, and sighed. “But you’re mature.”
“I’d rather focus on my studies more than my social life at the moment,” Minyoung said. “Besides, who says I’m mature?” Minyoung lifted her head and glanced at Daehun with a wide smile on her face. “I’m the most immature child of my family!” she said and stood up and skipped back towards the inn that she was staying.

“But-” Minyoung glanced over her shoulder and found Daehun run towards her. She stopped, and waited for Daehun to reach her. “Do you like him?” he asked as he panted.
Minyoung blinked. “Do I like him?” she questioned. *Do I like him?* “I don’t know.”
Daehun huffed, “As expected, you don’t know your feelings for him, huh? Never mind. Sooner or later, you might...” Daehun mumbled as he started walking towards the inn with Minyoung following behind.

Dinner came and Sehun and Minyoung joined Daehun’s family at their table. “So, Sehun. How was your first year at a Seoul school?” his aunt asked.
Sehun looked up from his food and glanced from his aunt to Minyoung, “Good.”
“That’s good to hear. Did you get good grades?” she asked again.
“I heard Jinsung got perfect A’s again this year,” Daehun’s brother said.
Sehun’s hand around his spoon tightened as his aunt spoke, “I bet Sehun did much better,” she said, realizing Sehun’s anger showing. “I heard from grandma that you aced your exams.”
The mention of his grandmother washed away his anger, but replaced it with sadness, “Yeah...”
“I wonder what Jinsung does to get these grades. He doesn’t seem like the smart type. More of a... Briber,” Daehun said as he munched on his chicken.

Sehun sighed as he took another bite of his food. “Sehun, you never told us why you ran away from your home though,” his uncle said.
“Oh?” Sehun looked up and glanced at the family in front him, “Oh, it’s no reason,” he lied.
Daehun’s brother looked at Sehun, “Really? Jinsung told me that before you left, you got in a fight-”
Daehun took the chance to stuff his brother’s mouth with lettuce and glared at him. “Shut up!”
“So how are your friends?” his aunt asked.
“Them?” Sehun asked. “Oh, they’re... Fine. Extremely different, but fine,” he said. “I’m actually feeling full, do you mind if I leave the table?”
“Uh, sure,” his uncle said, nodding. Sehun gave them a small smile before getting up from his seat and grabbed Minyoung’s wrist, pulling her out of the inn.

“Yah, I’m still hungry, why did you pull me away?” Minyoung questioned, pouting as Sehun pulled her down the beach.
Sehun sighed as his hand moved down from her wrist and laced his fingers with hers, “Because I need to be with someone right now...” he says.
“So you drag me out,” Minyoung said and looked up at him.
“Only because you’d be the only one who would actually hear what I have to say...”
Silence took over the two once again, with only the sound of the water’s waves rolling onto the shoreline. “What do you want to say?” Minyoung asked, breaking the silence.
“What if... My cousin comes to Seoul, and takes over my life again?” he suddenly asked.

Minyoung glanced up at the tall male beside her, “Why would you say that?” Sehun sighed as they both continued to walk down the beach, hand in hand. “Don’t you think you’re overreacting?” she questioned. Sehun looked at her after noticing a serious tone as she spoke. “I think you think about the ‘what ifs’ too much.” The two stopped walking and Minyoung stood in front of Sehun. This was the first time he had seen this girl so serious. “‘What if your uncle takes over my life?’ ‘What if Jinsung comes to Seoul and takes this life away also?’ ‘What if I don’t succeed?’ ‘What if I let my family down?’ ‘What if I’m not the person that everyone thinks I am?’ ‘What if I don’t belong in this world?’” she quoted him. “At most times you’re probably wondering, ‘Why am I still in a place like this?’ aren’t you?” Sehun opened his mouth to speak, but Minyoung jumped right back in, “Do you really think your uncle’s family hates you? Do you really think that your family above would be disappointed in you for what you do?” Minyoung pressed her lips into a straight, firm line. “Do you?” Sehun looked down at his feet and exhaled, while Minyoung glanced out at the ocean. “Really, you should take the time to enjoy the environment around you. Take the time to think about your issues, they’re the only way to solving your issues.” With that, she walked away.


Short update. (Really, these are all short updates. OTL)
IT’S FRIDAY?! lmao.
I’m glad you guys enjoy Daehun’s comeback. c:
I skipped a lot more things than I expected. e 3 e oh well. I’ll wing it.
This sequel isn't as well thought out as the first story. OTL that's why there's less drama here. don't worry. I'll add something in. c;