epilogue.

Pandora 2

 SPEED - NEVER SAY GOODBYE / EXO-K - ANGEL (INTO YOUR WORLD)


“Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived to Seoul. It is now ten twenty-five in the morning. The sun is high in the sky, joined by scattered clouds, making the weather 26ºC. Please be careful when you exit the plane, and have a wonderful time in Seoul!” the pilot said over the radio as the passengers unbuckled their seatbelts and pulled down their carry-ons from the cubbies. Sehun pulled on his headphones as he stood up with his duffel bag and squeezed his way through the crowd, making him one of the first few people getting off the plane without a large bag being towed behind them. Sehun walked towards the security point and began to put anything that he had into one of the baskets and placed them onto the machine. Once he passed without being held back, he grabbed his belongings, slipped on his shoes and hurried towards the food court.

It had been two years since Sehun had ended his high school life, four years since he had awoken from his coma, six years since he had jumped off a building which ended up being a good choice. Within those two years of finally coming back alive, his life had changed into something better. His relationship with his cousin started to become a friendly thing, the two acted as if the two were siblings. His uncle started to care more for him, like how he was towards Jinsung. His aunt was by his side the whole time, but ended up being in the middle of every argument in the past.

Jinsung started to reach his goal of becoming a soccer player, starting off by being the water boy, which he hated doing at first, but then realized that he could learn a lot from the players around him. During his days off of being a water boy, he would be with his girlfriend who he had met a year earlier. Sometimes he even tried to set Sehun up with one of his girlfriend’s friend, but Sehun would reject. The two continued to stay in contact with each other as Sehun took a step up to continue his studies in Seoul, and hopefully find what he’s looking for.

Days before Sehun was about to return to Seoul, one of his old friends called. Kai was his name, and Sehun remembered it clearly. Kai told Sehun about everything that had happened during his high school life. Turns out his friends weren’t exactly doing bad things, but whatever they did, did make them look like they were up to no good. Besides, they were only in high school. Who would believe whatever high school students say? Not the elderly of course. There was a part where Kai suddenly mentions a girl that goes to the same university as he does, and comments about how crazy she was during high school, but the forever dark-skinned boy quickly changed the subject into something else before Sehun could find out more information on the girl.

As for Sehun, he’s perfectly fine. He didn’t exactly have a goal in mind besides studying in Incheon for two years and another two years in Seoul and finding a job. He found a good job as a waiter at a five-star restaurant where he earned large tips, but now that he has left, he needed a new job, and hopefully a new job where the elderly rich doesn’t stare at him, judging him about his poor status. Besides that, his social life starts to become better. Sure it’s still hard for him to befriend many, only because he ends up not trusting many people easily, but he’s trying to find friends. Not many know his story, but for people who do, they look up to him for advice. His motto is to be imperfectly perfect, that’s what he learned during his two years of being in a lump hospital bed, but he hasn’t regretted that. His question on why he was still in a world that doesn’t appreciate him finally got an answer, and the answer was that there was no answer. Life has its secret ways and reasons to why you’re there.

SEHUN’S POV

I unlocked the door of my grandmother’s house, finding the place with the same furniture in their same position and areas, just like the dream. Smiling, I set my luggage on the ground and walked up to my small room, where I found everything still in place. Standing at the window of my bedroom, I looked down and sighed happily. I felt like I was living my dream, but only better. The only thing missing was her. I heard the doorbell ring and hurried down the stairs to open the door, finding an old friend of mine standing there with a grin on his face. “Oh Sehun! You’ve grown quite a lot...” Suho commented.
I laughed a little, “And you’ve gotten old.”
“Shut up, twerp,” Suho scolded. “Let’s go get your schedule at the university,” he said as he turned around to leave. I grabbed my keys and followed the elder to the awaiting bus and followed him to the back seats. “So how was life in Incheon? We lost contact for quite a while huh?”

I sighed, “It was... Complicated, but everything’s fine now.”
“Kai told me that you jumped of a building and was in a coma for two years,” Suho explained. “Is that true?”
I nodded in response, “Yeah. Don’t ask me about it,” I said with a chuckle.

Within twenty minutes he and I arrived at the campus and he led me to the administration office, quickly getting his classes and books that were needed. After that, Suho was in a hurry to his class and left me, so I decided to go on a job hunt. I walked through the busy streets of Seoul, grinning about finally being able to be in my hometown again. Sigh, if only I was with someone, it would have been more memorable. I came across a help wanted sign outside a bread store and stepped inside. “Hi, I saw that help wanted sign outside,” I said, pointing my thumb towards the windows as I gave them my best smile. I was accepted immediately. Wow, am I just lucky, or is this- It’s luck.
“You can start working on your first shift today. Your shift ends a three in the afternoon, so don’t slack off like those idiots,” the manager says as he pats my back.

I quickly changed into my uniform and joined one of the staff at the cash register just as a customer came in, and greeted them with a smile. I watched her as she looked up at the menu. My smile suddenly disappears after realizing that her face was so familiar. I felt as if I had seen her before. I averted my eyes elsewhere and focused on her order, “I’ll have one plain bagel, and a french toast bagel. Both heated and sliced. Oh! And two iced teas,” she said, as she pulled out her wallet to pay. I quickly gave the order to the guy next to me who started working, and turned back to the girl to retrieve her money. Giving her back her change, I looked at her and she looked at me. Damn, she’s too familiar. But who is she? She just smiled and took the change as she stepped aside, waiting for her order. Oh god, I think my head is going to explode.

My day ended in a jiffy, and I found myself back at home, looking for something to eat. Then I remembered, no one lived in this house for five years! Of course there wasn’t going to be food. Idiot, idiot. I felt too lazy to go find food, but if I didn’t want to starve, then I have to leave the house and buy any food I see. Too lazy to go to the market, I went to a convenience store nearby, buying tons of ramen and ice cream. I’m going to be a fat guy after finishing all this in a week, but this is just temporarily. I walked around the small store, finding soda and added them to my basket in my hand before hurrying up to the cash register and waited in line. There was only one customer in front of me, and she purchased even more than I did. For a small girl, it looked like she ate a lot. She smiled as she paid for her items and hurried out of the store. I smiled at the cashier as I set my basket on the counter. For some reason, I started to think about Minyoung again. It was weird, I think about her times, but not a lot. I felt as if I had been seeing her all day, and I’m about to go crazy.

“Alright class, I hope you finished your essays. Is there anyone here that’s willing to read their essays out loud for the class to hear?” the teacher asked. Boy am I lucky, my first class here and an assignment that I don’t have to do is due. So does that mean that I don’t have any homework from this class tonight?
I heard a girl’s voice next, “I’d like to volunteer.” My eyes searched for the owner of the voice that seemed vaguely familiar. God, why is everything seem so familiar lately? I spotted a girl in the front and listened to her read her essay. She’s a good writer, actually put her heart into it, I commented. I realized I started to stop listening to her read her essay and found myself staring at her face. Her pretty, bright, smiling face. Ahh... What’s this feeling? I’ve felt this before, and I’m trying to avoid it. But somehow with her, I can’t seem to. I broke out of my daze when she turned to face her teacher and ended her speech. I was slightly disappointed.

The rest of the day flew by quickly from classes, to work, to home. I was exhausted by the time I started to reach home. “Oh, hello!” I looked up across the street finding the owners of the house across mine smiling and waved at me. I smiled in return as I walked across the street and greeted them. “You must be new here,” the middle aged woman said as she smiled at me.
“Actually, I’m from here, but I moved away,” I explained.
“So Ms. Oh is your grandmother?” she asked.
I blinked, “How’d you know?” I questioned.
“I remember her explaining to me about a grandson, so I just guessed. What’s your name?” How is this lady full of questions?
“I’m Oh Sehun,” I replied with a kind smile.
She suddenly blinked as she stared at my face. “Oh... Sehun?” I nodded. “Oh, are you a college student? Why don’t you go home and study then. Sorry for taking up your time. I must get dinner ready anyway,” she said with a smile.
“Oh, well it’s nice to meet you, ma’am,” Sehun said and bowed politely at the woman in front of him. She smiled and hurried into her house.

“So you’re Oh Sehun?!”
I turned around, finding a boy who seemed only an inch shorter than I was, “W-who are you?”
“I’m Hyunchan, I live here,” the high school boy replied. “So you’re the Sehun my sister talks about...” he muttered, which I heard.
“Pardon?” I asked.
“Oh, sorry. Nothing. Nothing at all~” Hyunchan said as he ran into his house.
I blinked many times. “Hyunchan, Hyunchan, that’s a familiar name...” I mumbled.

“Oh, hi. You must be the owner across the street.” I turned around once more, finding a tall male smiling at me. Does everyone in Seoul smile like crazy?
“Yeah...” I said, eyeing the male in front of me.
The guy extended his arm out to shake hands with me, “Nice to see you here. I’m Jaesun, welcome to the neighborhood.”
I awkwardly shook his hand and replied, “I’m Oh Sehun.”
“Ah, Oh Sehun,” he mumbled. “Well, I hope we’ll be good neighbors. I don’t live here with my family, but I come every weekend. Speaking of which, where’s Minyoung?” he mumbles the last question to himself. Did I just hear him say Minyoung? Oh my god- “Anyway, see you around. Nice meeting you,” Jaesun said as he walks into the home.

Completely confused as fu- Okay, Sehun. Deep breath. You’re just hearing things. I started to walk away from the house. There’s no way that Minyoung is here in Seoul and right across my- I suddenly bumped into a figure who fell onto the ground, her books flew in other places, and her key chain right next to my foot. I stared at her key chain, finding a green paper crane on it. It’s weird. It looks like the one that I gave to Minyoung when I was... A kid...“Sorry,” I suddenly said, offering her my hand, which she took and I helped her up. I looked at her face as she dusted her pants. A grin forms on my face, and now I’m thinking: I’ve seen her before. I know her. I finally met her. I chuckled to myself thinking that this was ridiculous. “It’s... Nice to see you again.” The girl looks at me, and her eyes widen. As do mine, but just slightly. Now I remember her. My first customer at work, the girl from the store, and my classmate from my first class of the day. It’s Minyoung, or someone that looks like her. Hopefully it is. But I can’t help myself from asking a question that may make me seem like a complete idiot. “Do you not remember me?” I asked.

She continued to stare at me as she asked, “Who are you?” Damn it Oh Sehun, of course she doesn’t remember you. She was only a dream, and she only remembers you if you were still a kid.
“...I’m Oh Sehun,” I said with a grin.
A smile appears on her face, making my heart melt. “I’m Lee Minyoung. Hello,” she says, her hand tightening around mine, made me realize that we were still holding hands.
“...Hello.”

So this is why she said goodbye.

 

 

 

 

We were going to meet again.


DO YOU GET IT? DO YOU DO YOU DO YOUUU? LOLZ
Need an explanation? I’ll do a quick one if you guys need it.
I at this kind of pov. otl

Okay, so for Pandora 2, I wanted it to be less depressing than the first one, so the reason why no one cried, that’s why. yeah. Haha. I meant to make this story less depressing because idek. But it was more of Sehun thinking over his decisions and reasons to his questions that he asks himself a lot. I only started doing that because I started to do that too so. Yep.

This is going into the bad reviews section. excuse me. Pandora’s first story is better. k. I told you I at sequels.
ps. there is a rumor going around about Pandora 3. Which, Idk if it will happen. but don’t believe it. o u o ; k.

Anyways, thanks for reading. meet me at my new fanfic featuring Kai’s Echo. It’s depressing too. lol. kbye. hopefully I’ll be back with Pandora SOMEDAY. Upvote if you can. c: