chapter thirty seven.

Pandora 2

 JIYEON - LITTLE BY LITTLE (ACOUSTIC VER.) / DAVICHI - ONE PERSON'S STORY


Sehun walked into the school alone the next morning, which made him feel a tad empty without Minyoung’s presence. For some reason, Minyoung had called him in the morning and told him that she had to take care of some family issues. When he walked through the school, he didn’t find either one of her brothers either. Now he was worried that it was a big issue that the family was taking care of. He bumped into Jinsung and stared at his face. A bruise and a shallow cut lies on his cousin’s face. When Sehun was about to ask if his cousin was alright, Jinsung rolled his eyes and walked away from Sehun. Sehun puffed his cheeks and walked into his empty classroom and set his bag on his desk, walking over to the windows and leaned against the wall. He took a deep breath as he stared out at the gloomy sky, suddenly getting a tired, worried feeling that he hasn’t felt in a while. Something about the weather made him feel different. He didn’t like it at all.

The day for Sehun passed as slow as hell. He didn’t pay attention to his classes, never realized that his teachers were calling out his name during class and ended up staying after school for extra studies. At this point, he won’t be able to see Minyoung. Sehun glanced around the library, seeing multiple students studying, most were in his grade. He sighed as he looked down at his book. *Maybe I should do the same... High school is ending in a month...* He grabbed his pencil and read a passage in his textbook, but then averted his eyes towards his phone that was on the table. *Is she okay? It’s been a day... She should have called by now.* Sehun heard a roar of thunder outside, and looked out the window, hearing the rain hit against the windows with powerful force, and thunder lighting up the sky and drew a crack in the clouds. He frowned to himself as he looked back down at his book. *Even if I wanted to, I can’t see her if the storm is that bad...* The teacher announced dismissal for that night and the students quickly filed out of the library with their umbrellas and books in hand. Sehun was the last to leave. He carefully packed away his things, pulled out his umbrella from the bottom of his bag and put his phone in his pocket. He bids his teachers farewell before quickly leaving the school and headed straight home.

The next day it was the same. Gray skies, cool weather, slow day, but Sehun was more worried. He searched for Minyoung when he got to school, and she was nowhere to be found, not even her brothers. That day, he was picked to help out the cleaning team of the classroom, which meant that he was going to go home late again. Sehun mopped the floors while his other two classmates either cleaned the desk, or clapped the erasers of the chalkboard. The three jumped after hearing a loud roar of thunder. One of them complained about the storm, while the other told them to leave for the night. They thanked Sehun for helping before leaving and running out into the rain, complaining about how their clothes were going to be wet by the time they get home. Sehun slung his bag over his shoulder and opened his umbrella at the main doors of the school and started to walk home. Silence surrounded him, a certain kind of silence that he was never used to. All he could hear was the rumbling of thunders and the pit-pat of the rain against the pavement. He shivered as he felt wind brush against the back of his neck, and Sehun muttered about how he hated spring now.

When he got home, he looked around to see if Minyoung was there, maybe hiding from him to surprise him of some sort. No one, just darkness and air. He didn’t like that. The atmosphere around him made him feel as though it was a new feeling, like Minyoung was never there in the first place, or has never been there. He pushed the feeling away and shuffled into his kitchen and looked in the fridge. No food, he was just too used to Minyoung bringing over her mother’s food and heating it up for him. Sehun would order take-out, but who in the world would drive in a crazy weather, and at nighttime? Instead, he made himself ramen. As he sat down to eat, he made out his plans for tomorrow: wake up, school, hurry out of school before someone could get him to do something, visit Minyoung.

That plan didn’t go so well the next day. Early in the morning when he got to school, he was tardy and was told to stay back again to study. Lunch came and he received something that he never thought he would get; a confession. But when the girl told him her confession, he had to reject. Not because he didn’t like her, or that he was insanely obsessed with Minyoung, but it was because of her words. “I realized that you haven’t been around that geek lately... Seeing you alone looks like you’re kind of lonely, and you look much better when you’re not around her. Here’s the thing, I’ve realized that I liked you this week and I was hoping-” He interrupted the girl in the middle of her confession, and rejected her with a straight up ‘no.’ He wasn’t going to be with someone who judged him for being with another person. He wasn’t going to be with someone who didn’t appreciate another’s presence, especially Minyoung’s. Those kinds of people disgust him. Oh, if only they knew who Minyoung was really like, maybe she would have been happier. Sehun would have been too.

Another day passed like the days before: going to school with rain showers, end up staying after until nighttime, hearing the rain storm go on at night, end up coming home and wanting to go to Minyoung’s house and at least see her smile once again. Unfortunately, it seemed as the world didn’t let him. Five days after Minyoung’s disappearance from Sehun’s life, he received another confession, one that boiled him up. “She was really ugly anyway... Don’t I look better? I saw you reject that other girl’s confession last time, and I thought, ‘Wow, she’s really unattractive, both of them are. Maybe I have a chance with him.’ So here I am,” she said with a grin. “What do you say? Go out with me?”
Sehun’s fists tightened, his knuckles grew white as he bit his lip, “Do you really think you’re that pretty? Everyone has two eyes, one mouth, one nose. Everyone looks the same no matter what. But you’re the only one in this world that’s ugly,” Sehun said. “Blame that ugly mind of yours for making you think that you’re the most prettiest and perfect person in this world. I hate people like you. So, no,” he said with a cold voice before turning his back towards her and walked to his classroom, leaving the girl scoffing and glaring at him in disbelief.

Every day was like the last, and Sehun began to grow tired of it. He was tired of the rain, late night studies or clean up, take-outs or ramen, and no Minyoung. The part without Minyoung sadden him more. He received no calls, or messages from the girl. If she doesn’t show up one more day, he’s going to go to her house and wait until he sees her. Or maybe wait another day and hope that she’ll come.

The next day was the same, but this time Sehun avoided everyone. During lunch, he stopped roaming around the school to avoid stupid confessions and indirect insults about Minyoung, he pretended to pay attention in class so he wouldn’t have to stay after to study again, and made excuses about work so he could avoid the cleanup. The only part he wasn’t able to avoid was the rain. This time, the rain storm came earlier than usual as Sehun left the school at the end of the school day. He didn’t bother to take out his umbrella. He was going to see Minyoung and wait for her to come out of her house, even if it means that he has to wait for her outside for hours. Sehun avoided the stares and weird glances that he got as he rushed to Minyoung’s house. He didn’t mind that his clothes were wet, and he didn’t mind that his books and paper inside his bag were probably also wet.

He arrived to Minyoung’s house and rang the doorbell. No answer. He sat on the steps of the house and waited, hopefully someone from the family could show up. He looked across the street, finding a car in the driveway, his uncle’s car. A figure came into view with an umbrella, it wasn’t someone he hoped to see though. Jinsung stared down at his cousin, “What are you doing here?” Sehun ignored him, in fact, ignored his presence. He just didn’t want to be bothered. His cousin sighed, “Yah, go home before my dad sees you, idiot.” He didn’t reply to his cousin and instead, stared at the ground. He was going to wait for Minyoung. “Suit yourself...” he heard his cousin mumble before walking across the street and enter his own home. Sehun sighed and buried his face in his hands.

Hours passed and it was nighttime already, and still no sign of the family. Sehun sighed and stood up, giving up for the day and walked home. On the way home, he started to call Minyoung’s cell phone, but ended up getting beeps and being told to record a voice mail. The boy trudged inside his house and threw off his wet school blazer. After staying in the rain all evening, surely he’s not going to school the next day.

And sure enough he didn’t. When Sehun woke up the next day, his throat was extremely dry and he could barely speak even after chugging down a bottle of water. His nose became runny after, and he felt weak. The boy stayed in bed after that, feeling too numb to feel anything else, even the emptiness and sad feelings that he has been getting on his days without Minyoung. He lies in bed and sees the sun shining through his curtains and he weakly chuckled to himself. *So the world is happy that I’m sick, huh? Does this mean that Minyoung is also back? Why does it have to be today?* He closed his eyes and felt a single tear roll down his face. *It’s true, I’m living in a world that doesn’t appreciate me at all...*


Uhm. A chapter filled with paragraphs! FINALLY LMAO. Aight. almost done. k.
davichi is perfect mofos. unf. <3