chapter thirty three.

Pandora 2

 SHINEE - SELENE 6.23


Sehun stared at his phone as Minyoung studied in the middle of his living room. She sighed and looked up at Sehun with a frown. Sehun turned his blank stare towards Minyoung, “What?”
“Do you think I’ll get into university?” Minyoung asked in a worried tone.
“I don’t know,” Sehun answered in a cold voice.
“At least be optimistic~” Minyoung said, smiling up at him.
“Rather not,” he replied, making Minyoung’s smile disappear.
“I’ll take that as a ‘you will get in,’” Minyoung mumbled before turning her attention back to her studies. She heard Sehun sigh as he stood up from the sofa and walked to his room, closing the door with a slam. Minyoung flinched at the loud slamming and frowned. “What’s up with him?” The doorbell rang, getting Minyoung’s attention. “Sehun, someone’s at your door!” she called out, but ended up getting no response as the person rang the doorbell multiple times. She waited for Sehun to show up, but he wasn’t leaving his room. Minyoung quickly stood up to open the door, revealing a small boy on the other side. “Oh, Daehun. What are you doing here?”

“Is Sehun here?” he asked. Minyoung shook her head. “That idiot,” Daehun mumbled as he clicked his tongue. “He’s been so grumpy lately.”
“Lately?” Minyoung asked, making Daehun look at her with a raise of his brow.
“Yeah, he’s been ignoring people quite a lot now. Haven’t you noticed? Oh, you probably haven’t ‘cause he’s so talkative around you,” Daehun said with a giggle.
“I haven’t been around him as much lately,” Minyoung said, making Daehun stop giggling.
“R-really? Why so?” Daehun asked.
“I’ve been out with my other friend lately,” Minyoung said with a smile.
“A crush?” Daehun questioned, and she nodded. “That’s why,” Daehun muttered to himself. “Well, tell Sehun I stopped by then... Actually, I’ll just call him. I have to go, bye,” he said and left without letting Minyoung say anything else.

“Bye...?” she said as she watched Daehun rush away. “Boys are so weird.” Minyoung turned around, finding Sehun behind her. She lets out a small yelp and jumped back, “When were you there?” she asked. “You scared me.”
“Move,” Sehun says.
“Where are you going?” Minyoung asked.
“I have to meet someone,” Sehun said in a harsh tone. “Stay or leave, I don’t care,” he says as he weaves his way around Minyoung and out the door without another word or glanced back at her.
Minyoung sighed, “What’s wrong with him?” she asked. She walked back to his living room, turned off the TV and gathered her books, and left his apartment.

Sehun stared at the other, “What do you want?”
“I heard that Minyoung likes me?”
“Are we here to talk about it? I’ll just leave because I don’t want to talk about this-”
Ilsung interrupted Sehun, “Tell her I don’t like her,” Ilsung said.
Sehun looked at Ilsung and raised a brow, “What?”
“Tell Minyoung that I don’t like her,” Ilsung repeated.
“Why would I tell her that?” Sehun questioned Ilsung.
“It’s better than lying to her and tell her that I like her when I have no feelings for her.” Ilsung sighed as he looked at the other, “Plus, you will have the chance to tell her how you feel, or you could also choose to comfort her.”
“I am not going to do either of those things,” Sehun said, his voice raising a tad. “Why would I want to hurt her feelings for you?”

“I’m not telling you to hurt her feelings, I’m telling you to tell her the truth,” Ilsung replied back in the same cold tone. “I’ve known Minyoung for a long time, and it’s hard for her to lose someone that she likes. If you tell her, and comfort her, she won’t feel as bad as she was a long time ago. She’s not as strong as you think.”
Sehun scoffed and sat back in his seat, staring at the ground. “The truth hurts more than the lies.”
“But if the lies are told and the truths are kept secret, it’ll hurt more,” Ilsung replied with a sly smile. “The more the truth is kept the more painful it will become for the person to realize how long the truth has been kept for them, and they realize that they have been living a lie.” The other took a deep breath before moving on, “The lies are comfortable to bare and say to the listener, but it hurts the teller knowing that they’re keeping a secret that should be revealed.” Sehun sat there in silence as Ilsung continued to speak. “You have no idea how much it hurts me to keep this secret because I’ve been with Minyoung and her siblings for years, and I hate to hurt someone that’s close to me.”
“But wouldn’t it be better if you told the truth to the listener?” Sehun questioned, keeping his eyes on the floor. “It’ll hurt them more to hear it from someone else, rather than the person who should tell it.”
“It won’t matter since I won’t be here to tell her anymore,” Ilsung replied. “I’ll be going to Canada and study there.”
“You can still tell her-”
“I’m leaving within a few hours,” Ilsung said, staring at Sehun. He needed Sehun’s help. “Just tell her. Okay?”

Sehun glared at Ilsung, “That’s weird, you care for Minyoung, and you’ve always been there for her. She’s the most nicest and sweetest girl on this planet, but you don’t like her in return?”
“To me, Minyoung is like a younger sister, nothing more,” Ilsung said. “I need to go,” he says as he stands up and pushes his chair in.
“But still, why are you rejecting her?” Sehun asked again.
Ilsung sighed and turned to Sehun, “Because...”
“Because what?” Sehun continued to ask as he watch Ilsung hesitate to answer.

 

 

I like men.


I don’t know when I’mma finish it. Aight. <3 This chapter’s boring. Except for the ending.