chapter twenty four.

Pandora 2

 RYEOWOOK - MAYBE TOMORROW


Sehun exhaled when the lunch bell rang and the teacher excused the students from class. He sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. “Are you going to eat lunch?” Minyoung asked.
Sehun looked at his table partner and shook his head, “Not hungry,” he said with a small smile before closing his eyes again.
“Alright, I’ll be right back then,” Minyoung said as she skipped out of the class.

The lone boy sighed as he was surrounded by silence, feeling the sun’s bright light beam against his pale skin. *For the first time, my first day of high school is peaceful...* He heard the door suddenly slammed open, and his eyes shot open. *Or not.* “There he is!” *That voice... I hate it.* Sehun sighed in annoyance and rested his head on his desk. “Yah, Oh Sehun. Finally found you. Alright, what’s your secret?”
Sehun sighed again as he closed his eyes, “What secret?”
“To how you suddenly passed junior year,” Jinsung said. “With straight A’s.”
Sehun buried his face into his arms, “Not by doing what you did,” Sehun mumbled.
“Yah! Shut up-”
“I will...” Sehun says.
“What?” Jinsung questioned as he looked down at his cousin.
Sehun raised his head, finding his cousin looking down at him, confused. “I chose to not tell your parents and I won’t.”
Jinsung scoffed and glared at his cousin, “You want something don’t you?”
Sehun pressed his lips into a firm line, “Actually, yes. I want you to leave Seoul and go back to study abroad while bribing your way through school.” He looked at Jinsung straight in the eye, “I don’t want anything from you. I just decided to not tell your parents.”

Jinsung raised a brow, “Why?”
“Because I’m not someone who would tell people the truth to hurt them and to make myself feel better,” Sehun said as he sat up straightly. “And I don’t want my family to be apart, even if they don’t treat me like family.”
“You’re weird, Sehun.” His cousin crossed his arms as he continued to stand in front of Sehun. “You know, you’re disappointing your parents, with the running away thing.”
Sehun looked at the ground. *Am I really disappointing you?* Jinsung grinned when he realized his own cousin was quiet by his comment. *I guess I won’t get an answer. I’ll just go with what I believe the answer is.* Sehun stood up and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “No I’m not. They’re proud of me, maybe not proud of you, but they’re proud of me.”
Jinsung stared down at Sehun, “I really hate you.”
“I know.” Sehun stared back, “I really hate you, too,” he said and turned to walk out of the class.

Sehun exhaled as he turned to another hallway. *Why is he here?* “Sehun...” Sehun turned around and found Minyoung. “I thought you were staying in the classroom. What are you doing out here?”
Sehun’s face lit up with a weak smile, “Oh, I just wanted to walk around for a while.” His gaze turned towards the tall male beside Minyoung. “Who’s this?”
Minyoung followed Sehun’s glance, “He’s one of the new students. Ilsung. Also Jaesun’s friend from Eastern.”
The tall male smiled at Sehun, “Hey.”
Sehun gave him an  unnoticeable smile, “Hi.”
“I met him while going to the cafeteria to get us food,” Minyoung said.
“I was lost in the hallways, then Minyoung came to me and I realized that she and I were in the same class and I asked her for help. Are you in the same class?” Ilsung asked.
Sehun raised a brow, “Excuse me?”
“Oh, right. Sorry, you sit right beside Minyoung in class. Sorry, bad memory,” Ilsung said, grinning shyly at the two.

Sehun and Ilsung continued to stare at each other, one had a cold stare, the other mocked. Minyoung smiled at the two, and hooked her arms with Sehun and Ilsung’s. “Let’s go eat lunch,” she said, tugging them back towards the classroom.
Sehun stepped back, “Actually, I have to go to the restroom. I’ll be there in a second, okay?” he said. Minyoung nodded and gave him a smile before pulling Ilsung back into the classroom. Sehun sighed as he watched Minyoung and Ilsung. *The two are awfully close, considering he’s her brother’s friend... And he’s nice... Perhaps, he’s my rival now?* Sehun shook his head and sighed. *Stop thinking that. Ilsung is just a nice guy who cares for Minyoung like a sibling would, nothing more...* He continued to watch the two walk down the hallway, and disappear into the classroom. *But, Ilsung. You seem like a weird guy to me.* He clicked his tongue before turning away and walked towards the restroom.

“I saw him! I saw him!” Jinsung said as he panted. “I saw Sehun at school, mom.”
“Really? How is he?” his mother asked. “Does he seem sad? Has he eaten? Does he look like he got enough sleep?”
“How should I know? I don’t care about him like you, mom,” Jinsung said as he hurried to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water.
“I’m only asking because he’s our responsibility, even if he ran away. If you ran away, I would do the same,” his mother said.
“I would be fine anyway,” Jinsung said. “I mean, I would miss you, but I’ll be fine on my own.”
“With your father’s money. Jinsung, you do realize that when you leave high school, you will have to move out on your own and use your own money and find a job right?” his mother said.
“Psh, I don’t have to mom. I can stay with you.”
“Well I’m not letting you, Jinsung. You can’t rely on your father and I all the time. You need to live like Sehun is right now.”

“I’m not gonna,” he mumbled.
“Oh yes you will. Jinsung, by the time you graduate high school, I’m kicking you out of this house.”
“You can’t do that!” Jinsung exclaimed.
“Watch me, Jinsung. I am your mother, and I will kick you out if you don’t change.”
“So suddenly this is about me changing?”
“Well you need it. You’re turning into your father and I am disliking that attitude right now, mister.” His mother huffed as she pulled out her pots and pans, “Now go do your homework. I’ll call you down for dinner when I finish making dinner.”

Sehun held on to Minyoung’s hand as they walked towards Sehun’s apartment. “Now I’m wondering what my cousin has told my uncle or aunt yet...”
“About you being here?” Minyoung asked.
“Yeah...” Sehun said. “And if he did, I wonder what they replied to that... Probably something bad.”
“I’m sure it’s not,” Minyoung said.
“I’ll believe you then,” he said, smiling down at the girl beside him.
The two stepped into the elevator of Sehun’s apartment building and waited for their floor to come. “My hand...” Minyoung said, interrupting their silence. “It’s sweaty.”
Sehun looked down at his hand that was still holding on to hers. He quickly let go of it and cleared his throat, “Sorry,” he says as he feels his face start to grow red.

The two stepped out of the elevator and into Sehun’s apartment. Minyoung crashed onto the sofa and sighed, “I’m so tired!” she exclaimed.
Sehun chuckled as he took a seat beside her, “Sleep then. I’ll wake you up when I feel like it.” Minyoung smiled and let out a soft laugh as she rested her head on Sehun’s shoulder. “Minyoung?”
“Hmm?” she replied as she started to fall into a deep slumber.
“What’s your relationship with the new guy?” Sehun suddenly asked.
“Who? Ilsung oppa?” Minyoung asked.
“Yeah...” Sehun said, with a hint of sadness.
Minyoung yawned, “He’s like a brother to me...” she says as she hugged Sehun’s arm.
“... Do you like him?”
“He’s nice... But I don’t know him as much to like him...” she said, starting to trail off.
“Then do you like me?” he asked. He hoped for an answer, but only ended up having the girl fall asleep on his shoulder. He pouted as he glanced at her. “Why won’t you tell me? I won’t be mad if you say you don’t,” he joked to himself. He sighed as he felt her grip around his arm tighten. *Do I like you as much as I thought?* Sehun silently gazed at Minyoung. He gave her a quick peck on her forehead, and smiled. *I’ll take that as a yes.*


Uhm. Weird update. BUT AT LEAST I DID A DOUBLE UPDATE.
OKAY. I NEED TO START WRITING LONGER CHAPTERS.