chapter thirty one.

Pandora 2

 BEAST & BTOB - BYE BYE LOVE


Sehun finally started school again, which made Minyoung happy, making Ilsung and Jaesun happy as well. Sehun continued to sit beside Minyoung in class and decided to be by her side at all times. They continued their days like before, and pretended as if nothing happened. But Sehun still can’t get over the fact that Minyoung likes Ilsung.

“Do you really like Ilsung?” Sehun asked.
Minyoung looked up at the other, “Why do you keep asking?” she questioned. “I already said that I do.”
Sehun shifted in his seat as he avoided her eye contact, “I just wanted to make sure...” he mumbled. “What made you like him anyway?” he continued to ask, still mumbling.
“Hmm,” Minyoung rested her chin on the palm of her hand. “It’s nice, and he was there for me when I needed him to be...” she said as she got back to her studies.
Sehun slightly frowned. *I should have been in that spot...* “Are you going to tell him?” he asked, keeping his eyes on the ground.
“I would someday... But wouldn’t it be weird to confess to my brother’s friend?” Minyoung answered, her eyes still on her book.

“What do you think of me?” Sehun asked.
Minyoung looked up from her book and glanced at Sehun, “You?” She gave him a small smile, “You’re my friend.”
Sehun’s brows furrowed as he bit his lips, “Oh,” was all he said. *Always friendzoned. I hate this feeling.* He exhaled, and looked up at Minyoung, but avoided her eyes. “What are you going to do after school ends for us?” he asks. “Or what do you want to do?”
“After high school...” She took a while to think over her words, “I’m going to start anew.”
Sehun raised a brow, “Anew? Why?”

Minyoung exhaled before staring off into space. “Because I don’t want to be stuck in the same box that I have been for these eighteen years. I want to be in a new place, come out from the dark corners and just start a new life,” she explained. “I just want to know that I will be okay now, then and later. Whatever path I choose, I hope I make the best of it... I don’t want people to see the person that I am not anymore...” She let out a small laugh, and her smile disappeared, “You should have seen me before...” she whispers. “I... Always hid my feelings from the world... So people won’t know what I’m thinking. I didn’t like to be so open back then.” Minyoung fiddled with the pen that was in her hands, “The reason was because I’m just afraid that people would misunderstand me for my doings... It was hard, and it still is,” she muttered, leaving Sehun staring at her, listening to every word that she says. “Even today I’m still hiding my feelings from the world. No one knows what I think. I only realized that it made people misunderstand me more... It’s still hard, but I just keep on avoiding on telling my feelings to the world.” She sighed as she sat back in her seat, staring at the ground. “When I was with Ilsung I realized that what’s past has passed, the future holds more for me, and my decisions are important. So I decided to start anew. It may hurt a while, but it’s for the best. And sometimes it’s best to let go.”

She smiled as she continued to stare at the ground, “You don’t know what I think sometimes,” she says as she looks up at Sehun eye to eye. “I like it like that... And I want it to be like that for a while...”

Sehun sighed as he stood on the balcony of his apartment. He stared off into the dark city before him. He played with the paper crane in his hand as he felt the wind brush against his bare arms, making him slightly shiver. He looked up at the dark sky, not seeing a single star in the sky. *Minyoung found what she wanted to do... Go to college, be with someone she wants to be, just starting anew. What about me?* He frowned to himself as he stared at the dark, soulless sky. *The skies are too dark... I can’t find my dreams... It’s too late to even search for them...* He looked at his paper crane and twirled it between his fingers. *And she found what she was looking for, and nothing had me in it.* Sehun didn’t notice how his fingers started to unfold the paper crane and how he pulled out a pen in his back pocket. *Should I just give up and go back to my uncle?* He sighed and pulled out his phone, dialing Minyoung’s number.

She answered after the first ring, “Hello?”
“Minyoung, I have something to ask you...” Sehun said quietly through the phone.
He heard Minyoung sighing over on the other side, “What did you want to ask?” she questioned in a tired voice.
“Should I... Give up?” Sehun asked.
Minyoung let out a small, weary laugh, “Are you asking me to answer a question that you should think on yourself? Sehun, I-”
Sehun immediately interrupted her in mid sentence, “My heart cannot find the right answer, nor can my mind,” he mutters. I tried, but it’s hard.”
There was a slight pause on the other end and Sehun waited patiently. “What are your percentages on your choices?” she suddenly asked.
“...Fifty-one percent not, forty-nine percent do-”
“Don’t.”
“Pardon?” Sehun questioned, stunned at Minyoung’s answer.
“Don’t give up.”
“Why should I?” Sehun asked.

“Giving up is a dangerous thing to do,” she said as she hesitated to find the right words. “It shows that you’re weak, and unable to move on. If you give up, it means that you’re putting a stop to everything. You don’t want that...” she muttered. “You will regret it later on.”
“So I shouldn’t?” Sehun asked.
“Don’t,” she said. “Are you still thinking about your uncle?”
“Sort of...”
“Good luck then. I need to sleep,” she said.
“Good night then, Minyoung,” Sehun whispered before they both hung up.

He sighed as he stuffed his phone back in his pocket and looked down at the paper, finding words on it. ‘Imperfection is natural. It is beautiful. Embrace it.’ *When did I write this?* He watched his fingers automatically refold the paper back into a crane as he felt the wind brush harder against his arms. He folded the wings outward to make it seemed as it could fly. *It’s cold...* He held the paper in his hand and held his arm out and let go of the crane, watching the wind blow it far away. *There’s another question, should I give up on you?*


Short update. I HAVE TO GO BACK TO TUTORING MOFO. /flips tables/
10 more chapters. k. Idon’tknwowhati’mwriting. otl