chapter four.

Pandora 2

2AM - ONE SPRING DAY


Sehun sighed as he stepped back into his grandmother’s house, finding her watering the plants inside. He couldn’t help, but wonder who Minyoung was. Her name was familiar, and she just reminded him of someone. But he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. He heard his grandmother hum as she walked back to the living room, finding Sehun standing at the door. “What are you doing just standing there, Sehun?” she asked as she watered a small plant on the coffee table. “Shouldn’t you be out with your friends and looking for your old classmates?” she questioned. Sehun smiled and shook his head. “Do you miss home?” she asked. She was asking him about Incheon with his uncle and aunt, he wouldn’t call that home though.
“Not really,” he said, not hesitating to answer. He was being honest, he hated the place, but he loved it in Seoul. “I don’t really miss them either.”
“What about your parents? Don’t you miss them?” she asked.
Sehun paused to the thought of his parents. “Mom and dad?” He looked at his feet and sighed. “I miss them more than anything,” he said. “Sometimes I wish they never left, and maybe I wouldn’t be stuck in that place,” he mumbled the last part.

His grandmother let out a chuckle, “I’m sure your uncle and aunt are not as bad as you think. But you wouldn’t want them to worry, do you?”
Sehun glanced at his phone. No calls since he had left the airport. “I don’t think they will even notice that I’m gone... All they care about is Jinsung anyways,” he said and started to walk up the stairs to his old room. “I’m going to get some rest gran’,” he said, shuffling up.
“Alright. I’ll call you down when dinner’s ready!” she said before he could close his door.

Sehun sighed as he sat down at his desk. He remembered how low and it was that he had to sit on the ground to use it. There were notebooks and books stacked on his desk. Most of them were old, but they still left memories, the best memories. He found a coloring book that he had always loved to color in. He thumbed through the pages, finding that his coloring back then was horrible. He had shaded them outside the lines, too much, but he laughed to himself. He suddenly remembered when his father would help him with the coloring and picking out the colors. His father would always of how Sehun would try to become one of the superheroes in the book, but failed to be one, then his mother would jump in and tell him how he would be a prince charming to one special girl. Of course he didn’t understand what a prince charming was, or what it would mean to be a prince charming. He always told his mother that he never believed in any of that mumbo jumbo, and still up to present, he still didn’t know what it meant to be one girl’s prince charming. Sehun smiled as he looked at a page where a prince and a princess were together, holding hands. He didn’t color it, but drew a giant ‘X’ on the page. He never colored anything that had to do with fairy tales, but he always wanted to color superheroes.

Looking at the coloring book, he suddenly remembered something. Sehun set his coloring book down and grabbed a green notebook from its place. It was the second best thing that he treasured. He remembered the notebook had been given to him on his last day in Seoul, but sadly, he never gotten the chance to bring it with him to Incheon. He flipped through the pages and found his old classmates had written and drawn on every page. Even the back cover. He stopped through midway of the notebook when he found a familiar picture. A prince and a princess. He blinked at the picture, remembering that he had received millions of those drawings. Looking at the corner of the page, he found that the watermark was Minyoung. Minyoung. He suddenly remembered that he had never gotten the chance to ask the girl across the street what her name was. Standing up, he rushed out of his room and told his grandmother that he would be back for dinner and headed out of the house.

He hadn’t realized that it was already evening and the sun was starting to set, and it felt as if he had just come to Seoul five minutes ago. He stopped his tracks and stood in front of his house, looking at the house across from his. Looking up to the second floor window, he saw the light inside was on. “Sehun!” Sehun turned his head, finding Suho walking towards him. “What are you doing here just standing?” he asked.
Sehun looked back up at the house. “Who lives there?” he asked.
“Who lives there?” Suho questioned back, scratching his head. “I haven’t really talked to them once. But I think one of their children used to be in the same class as you.”
“Minyoung?” he asked. The name slipped out past his lips, he didn’t mean to mention her name.
“Yeah! Minyoung! Why?”
Sehun shook his head. “No reason.”
“Oh, here!” he said, handing Sehun a bag of freshly new clothes.
“What is this?”
“Your school uniform,” Suho said. “I enrolled you into our school.”
“Ugh, hyung! I came here to get away from the stress, not to get more!” Sehun said with a pout.
“Too bad. Teenagers have to go to school. If you don’t want to have much stress, then try your best. Try them on later and tell me if they fit, then go to the library. They have your school books,” Suho said and walked away. Sehun sighed and his shoulder slumped forward. *School. Aish, leave me alone school.*

Minyoung sighed as she looked at her book. It had been hours since she had done her project, and she was growing tired. She had a cup of coffee in hand and drank it all. Her bottle of pills were in her school blazer pockets, but she wasn’t going to drink any of them if needed. Her partner never showed up, as always, and she started doing the project by herself. At least it was a less stressful project, all she needed to do was to write a four page essay about Korean history. But she realized that she was nowhere done. She already written four pages in her notebook, but she wanted more. Plus, if she transferred the essay from her notebook to a document on a computer, she wouldn’t have really done four pages. Looking at the clock, she realized that it was already seven, and the library was about to close any minute. Packing up her school work and quickly putting the books back in its places in the library, she hurried to the front desk, and placed one book about Korean history on the counter. The librarian scanned the book and asked for her library card, and as she waited for Minyoung to take out her card, she greeted another student who had stepped in. While Minyoung was busy, trying to find her card, she heard the student speak. “I’m the new student. I was told to pick up my books for tomorrow’s classes?”

The librarian nodded with a smile and turned away to gather the books that the school had given her for the new student. Minyoung smiled when she was able to find her library card and placed it on the counter, waiting for the librarian. Feeling eyes on her, she glanced to the side and found Sehun, her eyes slightly rounded while Sehun kept an emotionless face as he looked back at her. The librarian turned back and set Sehun’s books on the table, making a loud thud sound. Sehun turned his attention back to the librarian. “Since you’re here, would you like to just make your library card right now?” she asked as she glanced at him through her glasses. Sehun shrugged. “Alright, I’ll just get Minyoung’s books checked out and we’ll get you a library card. Minyoung noticed that she was still looking at Sehun, she cleared and looked away, waiting for her book. The librarian gave Minyoung her book and slipped a receipt and her library card inside the book. Minyoung held it tightly to her and turned to leave, but Sehun suddenly grabbed her arm, making her look at Sehun again.
“I have something to ask you later. Do you mind waiting?” Sehun asked. Minyoung blinked, but shook her head. Sehun nodded and followed the librarian to the other side of the front desk. She gave him a pen and paper, telling him to write down his information. He hurried to write down everything and ended up writing sloppily. He pushed the paper and pen towards the librarian who told him that his library card would be mailed to him through school in a few days. Nodding, Sehun walked back to where Minyoung was.
“What do you need?” she asked as he approached her.
Sehun shook his head, “I’m not going to ask you here.” He glanced at the clock. “Are you going home?” he asked.
Minyoung shook her head. “I’m heading to the PC room.”

Sehun watched as the girl in front of him slurp her ramen noodles. It was the first time he had seen a girl with such great appetite, now he wondered if she even eats, judging from how skinny and slim she looks. She ate her ramen, drank her bubble tea, then worked on a paragraph for her report, and continued the routine. She stopped to look at Sehun, and found him staring at her. She tilted her head to the side, “Aren’t you going to eat?” she asked. Sehun glanced at his soggy ramen in front of him and picked up his chopsticks, slowly eating. Minyoung smiled in return to his actions and finished her noodles. “Oh, what was your question?” she asked.

Sehun looked at her and set his noodles down. “I-” he paused. He didn’t know if he wanted to ask her a question or not. Plus, he forgot what he was going to ask. “Never mind,” he whispered. He glanced at the clock and found that it was past ten at night. “Don’t you have to go home?”
Minyoung shook her head. “My family don’t care if I come home late or not. As long as it’s for work or school, they will let me come home late.”
“What if you’re not out for school or work?” he questioned.
“Then, I guess I have to move out,” she said, sipping on her drink. “But my parents aren’t as strict to do that. They’ll forgive me no matter what.” She looked at him, “I heard that your parents... Left.”
Sehun looked at her. “How’d you know?”

She gave him a soft smile. “Ms. Oh told me and about how she was always worried about you.” Sehun looked at the ground. Minyoung looked at him, then turned her gaze to his books on the table. One caught her eyes. She reached forward and picked up the green notebook, thumbing through the pages with a smile. “I remember this...” Sehun looked up, realizing Minyoung had picked up his notebook, looking through the pictures with a smile.
He reached out to grab the notebook, but Minyoung scooted back. “Don’t look at that, please,” he said.
Minyoung pouted and handed him the notebook back. She suddenly asked, “Is that the reason that you left?” Sehun glanced at her, “Because your parents passed away?”
Sehun ducked his head, looking elsewhere. He sighed and nodded anyway, “I had to move in with my uncle.”
Minyoung blinked, “Why are you here then?”
“I... I ran away to be here.” He looked at Minyoung, to see if she would be shocked or not. Most people would end up gasping if they heard anyone would run away from family, but looking at her, she had an emotionless face on.
“You ran away?” Sehun nodded. He didn’t know why he was telling her this. It wasn’t as if the two were friends or anything. They were just neighbors at the moment. “Why?”

Sehun ended up explaining everything to Minyoung. He told her from the start of when he had moved in his uncle’s house and ended up meeting his cousin, then middle school. Up until high school started, he began telling her all the stress he had received by being compared to someone who had everything, someone who was able to achieve things in life early. He told her how much he hated his life in Incheon. “...I just left today.” When he was finished, he found Minyoung staring at him. “I’m sorry for telling you this... I shouldn’t have said anything.”
Sehun stood up, but Minyoung stopped him, “I... Kinda understand what’s going on. I had the same thing happen to me before. Kind of.” Sehun glanced at her and sat back down. “It seems as if you have something else in your heart that’s bothering you. Let out your feelings, it’ll be better.”
Sehun sighed and looked at his feet. “I wish my parents never died.” Minyoung watched as Sehun looked at the ground, she tried her best to listen to him. “If they never did, I would never be in a world like this...”


Trying my best guys! LOL
I feel like saving Be My 12 Princes and A Different Cinderella Story on a hiatus. I haven’t gotten time to work on them.