chapter three.

Pandora 2

 DAVICHI - TURTLE


“Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived to Seoul. It is now 1:43 PM. The sun is shining brightly in the sky, and scatter clouds are out making the weather at least 26ºC. Enjoy your stay in Seoul and have a nice day!” the pilot said over the radio as the passengers hurried out the exits with their carry-ons in hand. Sehun peeked out from under his bangs and hood. He looked out the window and found that the plane had already landed. He pulled out one of his earplugs from his ear and stood up, hugging is duffel bag as he slowly started to exit the plane. After he was able to pass the security checking point, he pulled out his phone and dialed his friend’s number.
“Hello?”
“Baekhyung!” Sehun replied. “Where are you guys?” he asked, looking around as he walked through the airport.
“Just wait ten more minutes!” Baekhyun said before hanging up.

Sehun sighed and sat down on a bench. He felt his phone vibrate in his hand, and when he looked at his phone for the caller ID, he immediately ignored the call. His uncle and aunt never cared for him anyway, why should have he answered their call? The only thing they will do is force the boy to come back home. But Sehun wasn’t as stupid as they thought. That night before, he thought about running away from home, and now he is in Seoul where none of his family members can find him in. He thought of all the pros and cons if he ran away. If he did run away from the family, he would have a better life, spend his life in the city of where his life had started, be with his old friends that he hadn’t met in years, and most importantly, not hear himself be compared to Jinsung by the whole city. His only con was now he worried his family, and he hated to get people worried about him. But this was the only choice for him to finally free himself from hell, and he made his final decision: stay in Seoul. He had only been in Seoul for at least two minutes, and he was already loving his hometown. But there was something that still made him feel empty, he didn’t know why or what it was.

The boy walked into a café inside the airport and ordered orange juice. He wasn’t a big coffee drinker. In fact, he hated coffee. He hated how it would always taste so bitter at times, but sometimes it would taste too sweet. It reminded him of his life, bittersweet. Sehun sighed and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. Imperfect is perfect, why can’t anyone understand that? His favorite quote, but one that he barely used. It was true that no one would understand the concept of the quote, everyone thought they were perfect. Everyone thought Jinsung was perfect. Sehun let out a scoff to the thought of his own cousin. Ever since the two first met, he knew that they weren’t going to like each other. He never met Jinsung the way he met his other cousins. Jinsung was the only cousin that never revealed himself to Sehun, and Sehun never gave a damn if Jinsung didn’t want to meet him. He just knew that there was some sort of wall in between he and his cousin, and it’s blocking the two from having a normal family relationship, again, he didn’t care if he could never talk to his cousin, in fact he would be ecstatic if Jinsung never came into his life.

With a shake of his head, Sehun started to fold the paper into an airplane. He creased the folds with his fingernails, making them have a sharp edge. In seconds, he had created a paper plane that seemed to have captured a boy’s eye. The little boy walked up to Sehun and looked up at him, his hands and chin rested on the table. Sehun glanced at the boy whose eyes were glued to the figure in his hand. He smiled and asked, “Do you like it?” he asked. The boy replied with a nod and big eyes. Sehun chuckled and lightly tossed the plane into the air, and it landed gently in front of the boy who let out a soft gasp. “Keep it,” Sehun said before standing up, his duffel bag and cup of orange juice in hand. He pushed in his chair and made his way out of the café. Just as he exited the café, he felt a tug on his hand. He looked down, only finding the boy again. Kneeling down to the boy’s height, the boy took Sehun’s hand and placed two pieces of candy in his hand. When the boy heard his name being called, he ran away to his family and waved to Sehun before leaving. Sehun blinked and stood up, opening his hand and found two Pororo candies in his palm. He glanced at the boy who was walking away, his hand in his mother’s and the paper plane in the other. He slightly smiled and stuffed the candy into his pockets. He knew he made someone happy, and he liked to make people happy at times, but he couldn’t help, but feel a sting in his heart, and he didn’t know what was the cause of it. Shrugging with a sigh, he turned and walked away.

His phone vibrated in his hand again, and he was growing annoyed, only knowing that it was his uncle and aunt calling again. Without even bothering to answer, he pressed down the power button and his phone turned black—it was off. Not realizing he was walking while his head was lowered, he bumped into something and stumbled back. He looked up, about to rage, but stopped once he found that it was his five friends in front of him. He softened and felt a tad better. The five boys were lucky they were friends with Sehun, if they weren’t and Sehun bumped into five strangers who just randomly stood in the middle of his way, he’d lose his temper. But since it had been at least six years since he had met them, he grinned at them and ran up to them, pulling them into a group hug. Sehun missed them, he missed spending his afternoons with his real friends like he did as a young boy, and for once this was the first time he had gotten so close to freedom. Now he was really free.

“Hyungs!” Sehun cried. “I missed you all!” He stepped back and noticed Suho had a sad face, they all had sad faces on them. “What’s wrong?” Sehun asked.
D.O pouted, “Has it really been six years? I feel old,” he commented.
“I feel short,” Baekhyun said. “You all should stop growing and let me have a chance to grow.”
“Why’d you decide to come back, Sehun?” Suho asked.
Sehun shrugged and grinned, “Long story. I just missed you all, and I wanted to visit you all and my grandmother.”
“I heard you ran away from home,” Kai said.
Sehun’s grin faded away, “Where’d you hear that from?”
Kai shrugged, “Just a guess.”
Sehun sighed, “Yeah, I did. But it wasn’t even my home, so, I wouldn’t consider it be called running away. I’m just... Yeah...” he trailed off.
“Eh, whatever,” Chanyeol said, and slung his arm over Sehun’s shoulders. “You’re here with your brothers now, and you’re here to stay. You can’t go back anyway.”
“Then provide me with a home and food,” Sehun said.
“Just stay at your grandmother’s house. We all have lives of our own and we can’t spend it taking care of the boy who ran away,” Baekhyun said as the six began to exit the airport.

Minyoung sighed as she tried to hold her books in her arms. Another day for a project that was going to be due the next day. She was tired, and she was tired of doing the work all by herself. But if she wants to have straight A’s, she’s just going to have to deal with it. The girl sighed and adjusted her books in her arms. It felt as if she was holding an anchor, but she didn’t complain. She was growing tired only because for the last few days, she started to lose sleep. She wasn’t taking her blue pills as much as she did before, but she didn’t know the answer to why she couldn’t sleep. Her eyes were always ready to close in class, but she tried her best to keep them open. Was it insomnia? Or was she too stressed out with school? She sighed and shook her head, turned around the corner to her house. She stopped when she heard the sound of water running. Turning around, she found her neighbor out in her garden watering. “Ms. Oh!” she said with a smile, waving at the elder lady.

Ms. Oh turned around and smiled at the young girl, “Minyoung! You’re home already?” she asked as she continued to water her plants.
“Yeah. I have a project to do. It’s urgent at the moment,” Minyoung said with a smile.
“Oh my. That looks like a lot of books. Would you like help carrying those in?” she asked. “Your brothers and parents just left for grocery shopping.”
Minyoung let out a laugh, “That’s okay, Ms. Oh. I can handle this!”
Ms. Oh had her hands at her hips and smiled at the teen girl. “Oh, do you think this ol’ grandmother can’t carry a few heavy books?” She let out a hearty laugh and waved her hand, “I wasn’t going to carry it, sweetie.”
Minyoung blinked, “Then why did you-”
“I’m going to tell my grandson to take them in for you!” Ms. Oh said, interrupting Minyoung in mid sentence. “Sehun!”

Sehun. It was a familiar name to Minyoung, but she couldn’t make out who it was. She glanced up and found a tall male exit Ms. Oh’s house and walked towards Ms. Oh. When he started to strode towards her, Minyoung looked at the boy from head to toe. He certainly wasn’t from the neighborhood for her to recognize. The boy stood in front of her with an emotionless face and asked, “Do you need help with that?” Before Minyoung could say a word, he took her books from her and walked towards her house, waiting for her to unlock the door. Minyoung hurried to open the door and held the door open for the stranger who stepped inside and set the books lightly on the coffee table of the living room.

Minyoung looked at the boy who turned to look at her, and she smiled and said, “Thanks, uhh...”
“I’m Sehun,” he said.
Minyoung nodded. “Oh, well thank you Sehun, and it’s nice to meet you as well. Are you renting?” she asked.
Sehun looked at her and shook his head, “I’ve been living there.”
Minyoung blinked, “You have? I never seen you...” she mumbled.
“I meant, I used to live there. With my grandmother,” Sehun said.
The girl looked at Sehun, “Grandmother?”
He shrugged and nodded, “Yeah. That lady out there is my grandmother. Now if you will excuse me,” he said and walked towards the door, closing it behind him as he left.
*Ms. Oh is his grandmother?* Minyoung looked at the ground. *And yet, the name is so familiar...* His name and voice echoed through her head. Her head shot up. *Oh Sehun? From... Primary school?*


Weird end. sorry.
okay. Last time I’m saying this. This is Sehun’s version of Pandora. Minyoung is having illusions, but in this sequel, it won’t show her having illusions because this is Sehun’s version. This is based on the REAL Sehun only. This is not a continuation of Pandora. AND, the setting starts at the same time the original Pandora starts. So this is when Chanyeol accidently threw milk at Minyoung. Hope that explains everything. Tbh, I’m kinda upset how many are confused about what’s going on after I explained things. But I kinda understand why you guys are.
Wow. Just posted this last...Saturday? And already 51 votes and over 400 subbers? You guys are like... Overloading this Minhun ship. It’s going to sink happily.