chapter twenty five.

Pandora 2

 BROWN EYED GIRLS - GOOD FELLAS


Minyoung’s eyes fluttered open when she felt the sun’s light shine against her milky, pale skin. She sighed and cuddled closer into the soft surface under her head. Her eyes suddenly shot up and tried to sit up, but only realizing that the arms around her waist were strong enough to hold her down. She tilted her head up, seeing a sleeping Sehun in front of her. Minyoung exhaled of relief, glad to see that it was Sehun instead of a stranger, but also shocked to find her in his arms. But somehow, as shocked as she was, she liked the warm embrace from Sehun, and she slightly smiled. She stayed still in his arms, suddenly remembering her dreams. There was just one particular scene that she remembered.

“Minyoung, do you like me?” Sehun asked.
Minyoung looked up at Sehun, then back at the ground, then him again, hesitant of her answer. “No,” she answered. She didn’t know why, but she felt a huge pang against her heart.
“Then... If I told you I liked you, would you say that you like me back?” he asked.
Silence, then an answer, “No.”
Sehun bit his lower lip, his eyes grew red and teary, his now balled up fists shook. “Then do you like him?”
She averted her eyes to the ground again and closed her eyes, “I don’t know...”
A moment of silence grew between the two. “Well, I like you...” A sigh came from the boy. “I shouldn’t have asked...”

“Then close your eyes... You will feel better...” Minyoung whispered. She had no idea whether or not if Sehun had closed his eyes, but she hoped he did.
A weak chuckle came from Sehun, “You always give the best advice,” he muttered. Minyoung sensed a hint of hurt and sadness from his words.
“No, I don’t.”

A small frown laid upon the girl’s pretty face as she sighed the second time that morning. “Turn that frown upside down.” Minyoung glanced up to see a smiling, but tired boy. She slightly smiled at him, which made him smile wider in return. “Did you have a good sleep?” he asked.
Minyoung nodded as Sehun patted her head. “You were suppose to wake me up.”
“I said I would wake you up when I want to,” Sehun said.
“Thanks to you, now I have to go back home,” Minyoung said. “Lucky we have two hours until school.”
Sehun groaned, “School? Can we not go?”
Minyoung looked up at Sehun and shook her head, “No. Stop running away from Jinsung~” she said, and poked Sehun’s chest.
“I’m not running away from Jinsung this time, though,” Sehun confessed.
“Oh? Then why don’t you want to go to school?” she asked as she got out of Sehun’s grip.
“Because of... It doesn’t matter anymore, okay?” He mumbled, “It’s not a big deal.”
“Okay...” Minyoung said.

The two sat up straightly and stared at the TV that had been on all night. “I have an extra toothbrush that you can use. You don’t need to go home. Take a shower here too.”
“Alrighty,” Minyoung said as she stood up and shuffled towards his bathroom, leaving Sehun with a smile.

Minyoung sighed as she stared at her reflection in the mirror after a quick shower and brushing her teeth. *If he’s not avoiding Jinsung, then who is he avoiding? Does he suddenly believe that studying isn’t important anymore? But if it was, he would tell me. It has to be about Jinsung... I saw those two talking during lunch yesterday, and Jinsung isn’t as nice as he seemed when he was around Sehun... Whatever it is, he would tell me. Right?* She let out another sigh and facepalmed. *Why does it even matter to you, Minyoung? It’s his problem, and if he doesn’t want to tell, then he doesn’t have to. You understand that.* She looked at the ground. *But why do I care? Aish, boys are weird.*

The girl hurried out of the bathroom after spending less than twenty minutes inside, and found Sehun still on the sofa, flipping through channels. He looked up at her after realizing she was out. “Wow, you’re fast. Don’t girls waste like, hours in there?”
“I’m not the type to spend my life in the bathroom admiring myself,” Minyoung said.
Sehun chuckled, “I’ll hurry. Then we can go out and eat,” he says before standing up to leave.
“Sehun.” Sehun turned around to face Minyoung. “Can you do me a favor?” Minyoung asked.
Sehun nodded, “Of course.”

Minyoung hesitated for a while, “Promise me that whatever your cousin says or do to you, you won’t do what you did that made you an outcast.”
Sehun blinked, “Why do you care?”
“Because I care. If he says anything hurtful and insulting, just tune him out from your world. Ignore him, but don’t harm back. Instead, just let him talk. But know that your opinions, thoughts, and choices are based on you, not his,” Minyoung said. “And you’re a better person than that.”
“What if I can’t hold it in?” Sehun asked, staring at her.
She smiled weakly at him, “I’ll be sad.”
Sehun blinked and glanced down at the floor. “A-alright... I promise...”

Minyoung walked around campus during lunchtime, her hands stuffed in her blazer pockets. She exhaled heavily after having a gust of wind brush against her legs. “Minyoung.” Minyoung turned around and found her brother’s friend behind her with a grin as he walked towards her. “What are you doing out here?” he asked.
“Oh, Ilsung. Just... Thinking,” Minyoung answered.
“About what?” he asked. “School, college, family, Sehun?”
Minyoung looked up at the tall male, “It’s nothing. I mean, it doesn’t matter, for now.” She sighed as she started to walk again, with Ilsung following behind.
“Something tells me it’s about Sehun,” he said. “Minyoung, I know you too well, and something is bothering that pretty mind of yours. What’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing. It doesn’t even involve me so...”
“Alright, just helping,” Ilsung said with a smile. The two continued to walk until they were back inside the school. “Oh, Minyoung,” Ilsung said, getting back her attention. “If there’s anything that’s bothering you, just come to me and I’ll help, okay?” he said with his usual grin before running towards Minyoung’s elder brother after seeing the girl nod.

“Noona~” Hyunchan called out from down the hall before running towards her. “Noona noona, why didn’t you come home last night?” he asked with a pout. Minyoung smiled down at her younger brother, but shook her head. “Were you with Sehun? Does he like you? I see you two like, always together. Like twenty four seven,” he continued to babble on.
Minyoung let out a soft laugh, “Yes I was with him. But I fell asleep there and he didn’t bother to wake me up or take me home.”
“So nothing happened right?” her brother asked.
“What?” Minyoung questioned back.
“Nothing~” the younger sang before running back to his friends.

“Hyung.”
“Hmm?” Jaesun replied as he skimmed through his new textbook.
“What’s Minyoung’s relationship with Sehun?” Ilsung asked.
“Minyoung and Sehun?” Jaesun looked up at his best friend, “From their point of view, they’re just friends and or classmates.”
Ilsung raised a brow, “From their point of view?”
Jaesun nodded. “Yep. But I see it differently.” He put his textbook down on his lap and tapped his chin, “When we had him over for dinner a couple of times, I see him looking over at Minyoung a lot. But not just the look, but the look that girls think of. And Sehun never leaves Minyoung’s side. I think it’s because he kinda felt bad that he left while she still had a crush on him.”
“...Does she still like him?” Ilsung asked.
Jaesun adjusted his reading glasses and shrugged, “I don’t know. My sister isn’t as open as Sehun is.”

“Hyunchan~”
“What do you want noona?” the younger sibling replied as Minyoung sat beside him at his desk.
“I have a question, and it’s about something that’s been bothering me all day.”
“What’s your question?” he asked, not taking his eyes off of his work.
“If you were unappreciated, disliked, pressured, and pushed down by Jaesun and I, would you leave the house?” Minyoung asked.
Hyunchan looked up at his older sister, blinking. “I would if it caused me stress, and I wouldn’t leave if it was something that I need to do to be pushed down like that.”
“Would you hold a grudge on us for a long time?” she continued to ask.
Hyunchan shrugged, “Probably. Why are you asking this?”
“Just asking...”

“Noona.”
“Huh?” Minyoung answered, looking at the boy in front of her.
“Do you like Sehun?” Hyunchan asked.
Minyoung blinked, “Do I like Sehun?”
He nodded, “Or do you like Ilsung?”
“I barely know Ilsung though...” Minyoung muttered.
“Then what about Sehun?” he continuously asked.
“Uhm...” Minyoung hesitated to find an answer, “I don’t know... Do I?”

*Do I? Or do I not?*


Uhm. This was mostly an update about Minyoung. Since lately, the updates have been about Sehun. I NEED TO DO SOMETHING. CAUSE. THIS STORY IS GETTING BORING OKAY.