Chapter 7

A Cracked Reflection

Youngjae followed behind Himchan, starring at the odd décor that filled the spaces. The walls were clearly brick, the color rather dirty and grimy. One end of the hallway was closed off with a padlocked fence; just behind it Youngjae could barely make out a spacious, empty room. They took the immediate right next to the blocked exit.

“Would all of you just shut up already. I can’t hear my movie.”

The deep, rough voice startled Youngjae, and for a moment he thought maybe he hadn’t known P.O well enough and would find his best friend sitting among the gangsters.

“Yah! Yongguk, what have I told you about yelling at the kids like that!” Himchan shouted as he walked into the room, leaving Youngjae to stand awkwardly at the doorway and take in the sights. The room looked more like a mechanic’s garage of sorts, even with the large metal door that took up the far wall and the random black van parked off to the side. In the back of the room was a lofted rafter with a plain stair case leading up to it. Even from the low point of view, Youngjae could make out the maps and blue prints that were tacked up around the random posters upon the walls. In front of said garage door was a simple couch (Youngjae was beginning to wonder if B.A.P actually ran a furniture store on the side at this point) that sat in front of a small TV, and this was where Youngjae’s eyes finally landed on the source of the deep voice.

“Yeah yeah yeah, whatever you say, Channie. You’re making them to soft with all the babying. Besides… This is Pearl Harbor! You know how much I love this movie!”

“It has subtitles, Yongguk; you don’t even have to listen to it.” Himchan said, putting one hand on his hip as he threw a gesture to the movie.

“It’s not the same if I can’t hear it.”

“You can’t even understand it, Yongguk!” Himchan threw his hands up, signaling that he was done arguing with him.

Youngjae continued to watch their interaction, a light smile on his lips as he was reminded of the way Yukwon and Minhyuk always argued in the same fashion when they were at work.

“You seem very happy for someone that was kidnapped in the middle of the night.”

Youngjae flinched; half jumping away from the sudden presence of one of the boys he had heard but hadn’t seen earlier. He mentally searched, trying to find the kids name as the obviously younger one continued to smile politely at him, his eyes crinkled up until they looked to barely be open at all.

“I’m Jongup.” The smiling boy supplied, holding out his hand to Youngjae.

Youngjae tentatively took it, nodding his head slightly, “Youngjae.”

“I know.” Jongup said. Even if the comment was expected (seeing as Himchan had told him that they had some sort of file on him), Youngjae couldn’t help but feel just a bit creeped out by it. Maybe it was just the way that the other continued to smile. “Anyways, don’t be so awkward. You can come over and sit with us, we don’t bite.” He said, taking Youngjae’s and without another word, dragging him over to the couch and pushing him down to sit down next to Yongguk on the couch as he took the seat on the other side.

Youngjae sat stiffly, trying his best not to brush against this ‘Yongguk’ guy by accident. As frightening as this whole situation might have been, it paled in caparison to the sheer overall appearance of the elder next to him.

Yongguk was wearing a simple black wife beater, exposing the strong muscles of his arms in a way that Youngjae’s brain took as a clear sign of strength and a warning to watch his step around this guy or he might end up with a broken bone… or several. The others hair was in a similar cut to his own but his bangs were flattened down, resting against his forehead. Much like Himchan, Yongguk had mastered the art of an intense, mind reading gaze so powerful that even though Youngjae wasn’t even looking, he could still feel in burning into his skin.

Taking a slow, even breath, Youngjae summoned up every ounce of courage he possessed, and slowly turned to look at Yongguk, “Yes?” He asked, trying to keep his voice balanced between being polite and still aggressive.

Yongguk continued to stare for several silent seconds before finally speaking, “Do you like war movies?”

Trying not to show how thrown off he was by the question, Youngjae shrugged softly, “Yeah, they are good, I guess.”

A genuine smile broke out on Yongguk’s face as he nodded his head and patted Youngjae on the shoulder before turning back to his movie, “Kids alright with me.” He said with a light laugh.

Youngjae looked over to Jongup, hoping to get some sort of explanation from the younger. Instead all he got was a smile and a shrug of his shoulders as Jongup silently told him that he didn’t even understand the entirety that was Yongguk.

Another one of the members made their way over to where the TV was set up, flopping down onto the floor in front of Yongguk and leaning back against the other’s legs, his own long limbs sprawled out on the rug beneath him. He leaned his head back, resting it in Yongguk’s lap as he looked up at Youngjae.

“You know… You look a lot different than how your profile depicts you, hyung.”

“I think it’s the perfect cover up, Zelo!” Jongup said, his voice full of excitement as he sat up straight to look down at the obviously younger blue and black haired kid. “You see Youngjae hyung on the street and you think to yourself ‘he doesn’t look like he could hurt a fly’ because, I mean, look at his chubby cheeks and it’s just an overload of cuteness then, bam! He’s got you right in his trap!”

“But he doesn’t look like a strong fighter, Jonguppie hyung.”

“You didn’t see the knife he was packing, Zelo!”

“Uh… speaking of that…” Youngjae said, looking at Jongup, “Where did that go exactly… it’s… rather important to me.”

Jongup smiled, “Don’t worry, hyung. Daehyun hyung is keeping it safe.”

“And he’ll continue to keep it safe until we are sure you don’t have some secret agenda to kill us all.”

“That’s fair enough.” Youngjae said, despite the thought that it wasn’t fair at all crossed his mind. Even though he technically did have a secret agenda to turn over the leaders of B.A.P to the police, Youngjae found it unfair that he wasn’t allowed to carry his knife with him even though, as it stood, they had searched him out and brought him to the apparent secret hid out, not the other way around.

“Don’t worry about the possibility of having to defend yourself, Youngjae… Nobody here is going to hurt you.” Himchan said as he leaned over the edge of the couch to look at Youngjae, “Except maybe Daehyun, if you touch his food.”

The brown haired boy that had been sitting quietly off to the side, his face still hidden away by the mask, looked up at the sound of his name. He tugged the mask out away from his face, mumbling a quite “No comment.” before getting up and leaving the room.

Himchan rolled his eyes, “Sorry about Daehyun… You’ll have to ignore him until he decides to be sociable again.”

“I don’t mind.” Youngjae said with a shrug. He was here to slip into the gang so that he could set them up for their ultimate demise, he didn’t want to push himself upon everyone right away. He was sure at some point he would have to get this Daehyun guy on his side, but for now, he’d let the other have his space.

Himchan pushed himself up from where he had been leaning on the back of the couch, “Alright, you guys finish this movie, then wash up for… breakfast, I guess.” He looked down, noticing the early hour of 8 am. “And Yongguk, if you put in another one of your movies after this one is done, so help me, you won’t live to see the sunset.”

Yongguk gave Himchan a mock salute, “Yes sir.” He grumbled with an eye roll as he went back to watching the movie.

Youngjae stared at the flickering television, not really seeing it as his brain processed everything that had happened since Daehyun and Jongup had shown up in the middle of the night and kidnapped him. In all honesty, Youngjae couldn’t see any of them leading the life of criminal gang members. Then again, Himchan had said that there were higher ups. It didn’t matter if he didn’t have the support of a few of the lower level gang members; he was after the leaders anyways.


Chapter 7, you guys~ More of interaction of B.A.P and Youngjae~! It didn't come out quite as I hoped it to, but... it's more of a filler then anything else. Things are progressing quite nicely now. I will have more up probably tomorrow (My mom doesn't like me to be on her computer for to long, and it's already 2 am, kekeke). Please look forward to Chapter 8, as, it is plotted to be mainly DaeJae~!

Comments, subs, and defiantly upvotes are always welcome (and much appreciated, I reply to ever comment I get~! [and refuse to use the stupid 'downvote' option, so please, feel free to tell me anything!])

I love all of you guys~!

Cuddles,

Lynn

 

PS: If any of you guys got this far, then, I have a question for you~! If you could pick any other Kpop band (outside of B.A.P/Block B/Secret/Z:EA/B2ST, for the obvious reasons that I have already/will use some/all of their memebers) to be a gang... Who would you pick and why? (This is relevent, I swear). From any company, male or female group.