Chapter 27

A Cracked Reflection

 

Youngjae leaned back in his chair slightly, glancing over to make eye contact with Daehyun who had taken up the seat next to him. He raised an eyebrow slowly, glancing down at where Daehyun had snuck his hand onto his thigh, his thumb gently rubbing circles over the denim of his jeans. In the close proximity, it wasn’t noticeable to anyone else sitting at the table, but Youngjae sure could feel it. He could only hope that his cheeks had flushed a light pink.

Daehyun, however, chose to ignore Youngjae’s questioning look as he pretended to listen intently to what the others at the crowded table were talking about. Or maybe he really was paying attention to them; Youngjae couldn’t actually tell what was going on in the brunettes head in that moment.

‘That one guy from U-Kiss’, as Zelo had put it, turned out to be the black haired male that had supposedly talked to the culprit behind spreading the rumor about B.A.P giving up part of their territory. He was currently sitting with his elbows on the table; his fingers splayed into his hair as he tugged at it slightly, “Look… I really wish I could tell you who this guy was… But… I just don’t remember.” Kiseop said as he ran his hands over his face with a heavy sigh. “Soohyun was better at this then I am…” He mumbled softly.

Himchan patted the other boys arm lightly, giving him a reassuring smile, “It’s going to be okay, Kiseop.” He said, “You still have the rest of the boys to look after, right?”

Kiseop nodded carefully, taking a deep, shaky breath as he looked back down to the information they had gathered already and the maps of the territory lay outs.

“Alright…” Yongguk started, pushing aside a piece of paper to get a better look at one of the older maps, “Before you guys left, did U-Kiss receive any threats?”

“No…” Kiseop shook his head, and then went on to add, “Well, none that Soohyun ever told me about… And I never thought to ask… I never thought to ask him anything…” He let his head fall onto the table as he spoke basically to his own lap, “Everything was fine in America too… We didn’t really get any trouble outside of the usual…” He let out a somewhat bitter laugh, “God, I wish we would have just stayed…”

“The new members… Do they have anyone out for them, past grudges?”

“No… No we checked all of that when they first joined…” Kiseop sat up, rubbing at his hair rather violently and messing up the black locks, “We checked all of it… It’s been two years now… if someone had a grudge, they would have done something earlier… right?” He looked up at Yongguk, “What about you guys?”

Yongguk shook his head, “No… we haven’t received any sort of threats recently, well… except that issue with Infinite…”

“No… I already checked with Infinite.” Himchan said, “I spoke with Dongwoo, he said that there was a big difference between roughing up a few of our members to get to those in charge and actually blowing up a bomb on us…”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah… Infinite has never done anything to this magnitude before… Besides… I thought they were cool with U-Kiss…”

Kiseop nodded softly, “Yeah… before we left for America, we were on good terms with Infinite… We even helped them establish a good foundation in Japan…” He let out a sigh, puffing out his cheeks, “Dongho was even good friends with Sungjong…” he mumbled, rubbing at his face as he shook his head. “God… I can’t see Infinite being behind this…”

“I agree…” Yongguk said. He continued to watch as Kiseop stared down at the table. “Hey… We’ll figure this out, okay?”

The table lapsed into a silence, and in that moment, Youngjae leaned forward, looking at the older and newer maps that sat side by side. “Hey… Kiseop hyung…. When you guys left for America… Who all got your territory…?”

Kiseop pursed his lips as he tried to remember, “Well, B.A.P got the north side, what we were hoping to get back… Uhm, some rookie gang took over the east side, and I don’t really know about the rest… Soohyun was the one that took care of all of that… Once again… I was stupid and never asked.”

Youngjae watched Kiseop carefully, “Look… Anything you can remember would be helpful… Do you remember any of the other gang names… any of them that might hold a grudge if you reentered the scene…”

Kiseop looked at Youngjae, “Are you implying that one of the gangs we gave our territory to did this just because we were moving back to Korea?”

“Well… yeah. Imagine if you were just starting out on the underground and managed to snag some really good turf, and then another gang with more power over the others surrounding you, that actually used to own the turf and know all of the secrets there, came along and started claiming it back… You’d want to keep it safe, right?”

“Yeah, that makes sense… But… why would they use you guys? Why B.A.P?”

“You said it yourself; this was the first territory you were looking to get back, right?” When Kiseop nodded, Youngjae decided to continue, “I may be new to B.A.P but… I’ve heard my far share of rumors of just how much power they hold on the streets… Imagine if you could not only take out the threat on your territory, but the competition too…”

Kiseop leaned back in his chair, staring at Youngjae before looking over to Yongguk, “I wish we would have picked him up off the streets before you got to him…” He said with a bit of a smile. He turned his attention back to Youngjae, “So… what’s your theory…” He asked, pushing the maps closer to Youngjae as the younger inspected them at a closer detail.

Youngjae look back and forth between the two maps, dragging his fingers along the newer one as he compared the drawn and half erased symbols that had been added into it with each change of territory. “We just have to figure out who originally got your territory and managed to hang on to it this whole time. From there, we have to narrow down the suspects of who would be most likely threatened by your return and by B.A.P’s power.” He scratched the bridge of his nose, “Well, to be completely honest, I don’t know what half of these are…” he added in reference to the different gang logos sprawled all across the map.

Kiseop leaned forward, “Well…” he pointed to the double B that was hastily drawn into the Gangnam region, “That’s Big Bang… Nobody really messes with them, and they haven’t tried to expand their territory in years…” he said, “Uh… That’s Infinite…” he pointed to the large infinity sign that was blocked out in a sort of sporadic zoning, “They have a lot of turf, but it’s really spread out. This is TVXQ…” his finger brushed over the Chinese lettering before looking up at Yongguk, “What happened to all of their territory?”

“We took a lot of it… It’s just two of them now...”

Kiseop nodded before looking back at the map, “Well, to get back to what we used to own… I don’t see any of the gangs that we originally gave up the turf to besides you guys…except… well, I’m not sure what these guys go by, but this is that rookie group that we let take over this area…”

“That’s Nu’est… Don’t worry about them.”

Youngjae looked to Daehyun, “I thought you and Nu’est didn’t get along after what happened?” He asked, “Couldn’t they be-“

Daehyun shook his head quickly, “No, I fixed it… Like I said, don’t worry about them.”

Himchan raised his eyebrow from across the table, looking at Daehyun questionably, “And when were you going to tell us that you’ve been in contact with Nu’Est, Dae?” He asked, crossing his arms and giving the younger brunette a pointed look.

“You know… just… when the situation arose… so… that’s now, and I’m telling you.” Daehyun said with a shrug as he focused his attention on the maps that Youngjae and Kiseop were sharing.

“Look, let’s worry about hyung going behind your back later and figure this out…” Jongup said, patting Himchan’s arm lightly, offering the other a smile.

Himchan sighed softly, “I guess you are right…” he mumbled. “But, just because we are moving on, doesn’t mean this conversation is over, Daehyun.”

“Yessir.”

“Guys… I hate to interrupt whatever issues you’re having, but… Seriously… Who is this?” Kiseop asked, tapping his nail against the map.

Yongguk leaned forward, studying the odd symbol that had been drawn in. “Uh…”

“They have territory over here too…” Zelo added, finding the symbol again.

“There’s a block over on this side of Korea…” Jongup traced the circle along the edge of the eastern border.

Himchan leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at the symbol, “I never put this here…” he looked up. “I know everyone on this map… where did this come from?”

“I put it there…” Daehyun said.

“Then who is—“

“I don’t know, Minhyun told me about them…”

“I don’t know, Daehyun… I don’t think I like accepting information like this from Nu’Est…” Yongguk said, rubbing at the back of his neck. “I know you said you fixed it but… still…”

Daehyun pursed his lips, “Minhyun is trustworthy...” He mumbled, looking up at Yongguk, “He was on the train with me… when I left Busan. I trust him.” Silence fell among the table as Yongguk held Daehyun’s gaze, each refusing to be the one to look away first as they held the silent battle.

“Well, if Dae hyung trusts him, then so do I.” Jongup’s voice broke the slight tension that had settled between Daehyun and Yongguk, smiling just a little. “If Minhyun told you about them, then we should contact him and ask him if he has any information on this gang… Maybe they are the ones behind it?”

Daehyun nodded, “I’ll call them…” he said, standing from the table and pulling out his cell phone as he walked out of the room.

“I don’t like this, Yongguk…”

The deep voiced leader looked at Himchan, “Yeah… neither do I… but… Dae trusts him, that means something.”

 

 

 “What is the news?”

“There are two dead.”

“… Just two?”

“Well… If they would not have gone back in, it would have been more, at least five out of the thirteen.”

“Most of those would have been of B.A.P, right?”

“No sir. Only one of their members was in danger.”

The man in the shadows merely sighed, “Give me the full details, now.”

“Someone must have tipped them off, during the initial blast, two of B.A.P’s members, Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong, got out of the building. Three more of U-Kiss, Yeo Hoonmin, Eli Kim, and Kevin Woo, soon followed. After the second blast, they were pulling some of more of the members, all except two, Shin Dongho and Yoo Youngjae. Part of B.A.P tried to hold one of their own, Jung Daehyun, back, but he ran slipped away and ran into the building, followed by the leader of U-Kiss. Right before the building collapsed, the two B.A.P members made it out.”

“And the leader of U-Kiss?”

“Shin Soohyun did not make it out. Lee Kiseop has taken over for the time being.”

“He’s not a threat to us. Tell the others to hold off for a moment. We might as well finish the rest off; after all… they are already broken.” 



 

Omo, so much dialog, I am sorry!! DX I've been so nervous becasue I had a meeting with management today about what's been going on at work (I think we've all gotten it worked out now, even though both my manager and assistant manager claimed they didn't know I was gay 9___9 it's what ever.) so... I've still got my job..

I think my mum has started taking something new, because she called me into the kitchen today, and told me to call my boss and ask to work early next week to get the weekend off, because, well.... I'm going on a cruise next week. (This is my mother for you, she litterally booked the cruise today, and it sails next week! Granted, I'm paying for my ticket, but, becasue it's a week away, it's only going to be like... less then 200, i get to go back to mexico you guys~!! I'm so excited). I don't know whats more awesome, the idea of going on another cruise, or actually have a weekend with my mom (and sisters, but, still... girls trip!!)

This means there will not be any updates next weekend, (sorry!!) but I'm going to try to update before I leave and then when I get back.

I wrote another oneshot, btw. Just This Once, it's a HimJae... so, yup (it has ? but's a crack fic)

Cuddles,

Lynn