Chapter 18

A Cracked Reflection

 

The sun was bright as the single strip made its way through the crack in the curtains, shining directly onto the peaceful face of the sleeping brunette.

Daehyun squeezed his eyes shut against the burn of the morning light, a hum of annoyance in his throat as he tried to will the pounding headache away. Desperate to go back to sleep, Daehyun hid his face in the pillows, his hold tightening around the pillow he had clutched to his chest.

The hummed response was enough to make Daehyun’s eyes snap open despite the sting of the sunlight on his face. He stared wide eyed at the boy that was curled up against his chest, face nuzzled into Daehyun’s neck as he continued to breath in and out a steady and slow rate as his thin fingers clutched at Daehyun’s shirt loosely.

One part of his brain told him to recoil, let go of Youngjae and roll over and pretend as though nothing had happened and speak nothing of it to the other boy when he woke. The other part of his brain, which happened to reach the forefront of his mind first, told him that Youngjae was asleep and shouldn’t be awoken by such a gesture.

Not only that but, Daehyun was warm, and he was comfy, and Youngjae just seemed to… fit. It was weird and baffling and confused him on several levels, but, he couldn’t deny how content he felt just laying there with Youngjae.

Deciding to listen to the part of his brain that told him to just stay put and deal with the situation later, Daehyun let his eyes drift back closed as he let out a small sigh of content and easily managed to slip back to sleep.



 

 

“We should just let them sleep and wake them up after breakfast, hyung” Jongup said as he sat at the table, waiting patiently as a slightly annoyed looking Himchan stared down at his plate, waiting for the wait staff to bring out breakfast. “Hyung?”

“Shhh, I have a headache.” Himchan waved Jongup off, reaching up to rub at his temples. His naturally raspy voice was a bit deeper from having just woken up not moments before. Surprisingly, he hadn’t even had that much to drink the night before, only a few glasses of wine. At least, his barely coherent mind reminded him, he didn’t have nearly the amount that Daehyun or Youngjae had consumed. That thought alone made Himchan smiled a little before looking apologetically up to Jongup, “Sorry, Uppie… you know how cranky I get…”

Jongup merely smiled and nodded in understanding, “It’s okay, Himchan hyung…” he said, lowering his voice a few levels as to not disturb Himchan’s headache anymore than necessary. “I was saying that we should let Daehyun and Youngjae sleep in later, and wake them up after breakfast.” On the way to the dining room, Jongup and Himchan had peaked in on Youngjae’s room to see if Daehyun had actually managed to get the blonde back to his room. Both were surprised at the sight of the two tangled within the blankets together, limbs wrapped protectively around one another as they lay in the same bed.

Jongup had held back a giggle as he tiptoed into the room and carefully pulled the curtains shut as far as they could go to block out the majority of the rising sun so that his hyung’s could sleep off as much of their expected hangovers before waking up. He turned quickly, noticing the Himchan’s flushed cheeks as he made to cross the room and tug Daehyun out of the bed. With quick reflexes, Jongup caught Himchan and pulled him out of the room, quietly shutting the door behind him. “They’re both fully clothed, Channie hyung…” he reminded the elder.

“But! They’re in the same bed-“

“And they are merely sleeping, hyung… let’s go get breakfast now, I’m hungry.”

And so there they sat now, Himchan still pouting over his own hangover and the fact that Daehyun and Youngjae were spooning in the same bed and… he sighed in defeat, knowing that despite the air of innocence that surrounded Jongup, the light brown haired teen knew almost everything that was going on within the group and was probably the only member of their group that knew exactly how to handle each situation. If the teen thought it was a good idea to leave Daehyun and Youngjae sleeping, then, Himchan would just have to deal with it.

“So, what’s for breakfast, Uppie?” He asked, looking up at the boy that sat across from him with a smile as Jongup returned the gesture with his own bright smile.



 

 

Daehyun woke up for the second time that day, though he knew it was much later in the day, possibly late afternoon as he opened his eyes to find the sunlight shinning on the blankets near his waist and not right in his eyes anymore.

He was almost pleased to find that his arms were still protectively around Youngjae’s waist as the younger was still sleeping.

Never before in his life, had Daehyun felt more rested and relaxed. Even though his legs were itching to move around and his body slightly ached from being in bed for so long, Daehyun couldn’t find it in himself to move. He knew the second that he moved to leave the bed, his body would be a few fractions colder, and that thought made him hug Youngjae closer.

The younger grumbled something softly, his voice groggy with sleep as he started to squirm.

Carefully, Daehyun lifted up his arm and hovered it just over Youngjae as he watched the younger snuggle a bit into the pillows, and ultimately Daehyun himself, before slowly opening his eyes, peering through his eyelashes before his eyes immediately shot open fully and he sat up straight.

The sudden movement caught Daehyun off guard as the blankets pulled and Daehyun was dumped sideways and promptly fell out of the bed with a hard thud.

“ ‘m sorry!!”

Daehyun blinked upwards as Youngjae leaned over the side of his bed to stare down at Daehyun’s figure sprawled on the floor, the elder’s expression confused and dazed as he stared back up.

They continued to stare at each other for what felt like eternity before Youngjae cleared his throat awkwardly as he sat back in the bed, “Uh… y...you can come back up here… i…if you want!” he added the last part quickly, scooting back to rest his back against the wall as he pulled a pillow into his lap so that he could have something to fidget with. His cheeks burned a light pink has he raked every last hazy memory in a desperate attempt to put together a picture of exactly what had happened the night before.

He could clearly remember building the fort with Daehyun, and then there was the elder telling Youngjae about his past, and then… it started to grow blank, the memories to hazed with the alcohol for Youngjae to remember them properly.

The last thing he truly remembered was leaning in to kiss the brunette that was currently moving to sit next to him. But… if they had kissed, and were now sitting in bed together, did that mean something else might have happened?

Youngjae took note of the fact that both of them were still dressed in their, albeit very wrinkled, clothes from the day before.

His head was pounding from all of the thinking, each heartbeat thudding loudly within his brain as he split his focus between trying to remember if he had actually kissed the elder and trying not to throw up on him.

To be completely honest with himself though, Youngjae wouldn’t mind one bit if he had gotten to kiss Daehyun the night before, the only regret he had was that he couldn’t remember it.

“Hey… uh… Youngjae?”

Youngjae snapped out of his thoughts as he turned to look at the brunette that was seated right next to him on the bed, “Yeah, Daehyun hyung?”

“Do you… ah… remember what happened last night?”

“Uhm… Not really… You?”

Daehyun shook his head softly, “No, I don’t remember much either…” he lied, shrugging his shoulders as though it didn’t matter. Truthfully he remember everything, from their almost kiss being ruined by Himchan to his talk with Yongguk, and then the way Youngjae had drunkenly dragged him into the bed, asking him to stay. But if the younger didn’t remember, or didn’t want to remember, who was Daehyun to press the matter and only make it awkward between the two.

The silence was heavy and oppressive between the two as they stared at different points in the room, waiting for the other to speak.

“YAH!! Are you two lazy asses still asleep?”

Both Daehyun and Youngjae winced as the door was thrown open and Himchan burst in, immediately going over to the window and throwing open the curtains to let the midday sun pour in on the two still hung over boys as they immediately turned to press their faces into the bedding to block out the ungodly light.

“Nah-uh!! Up, up, up!! Time to get up!!” Himchan sang happily as he began to tug Youngjae and Daehyun out of the bed, “We’re on a huge yacht, no cares in the world… all the hot babes you could ever want, and you two are cuddling in the dark, not gonna fly!” He continued to speak loudly, “No wallowing in self pity over some hangovers, think of this as a lesson, okay?”

“And what lesson is that, hyung?” Youngjae moaned as he clutched at his head.

“Next time, don’t drink four and a half bottles of wine by yourself.”


Like, whhhaatt, I'm updating at 7.15pm and not at 1.00am?! What is this, I can't even!!

Anyways, here is chapter 18, maybe not the sort of shocked reaction you guys expected from DaeJae waking up in each others arms, but, fluffy none the less. I want to thank you all for your input on the back stories, and, due to the overwelming responce of Zelo, I'm going to write his and BYG's first, I'm not sure which chapter it will be in, because, I tend to say that i'm going to write about 'XX" in the next chapter, and then my muse decides, "Yeah, not going to happen." and I go off on a tangent. So.. haha, Just expect that we'll have BangLo back story at least before chatper 25 (oh my god, I just realized... I've almost written 20 chapters, guys)

What's worse, actually, is... I'm only 18 chapters in, and this fic has almost the same number of subbers as my 43 chapter long Super Junior oneshot collection, and despite having only half the comments the other has, i feel like this fandom actually.... really comments more? On my oneshot collection, 90% of my comments were simply "update soon!!!1!!"... and, although I adore every single comment I get, I absolutely love when ever you guys mention your favorite part of each chapter, or tell me when i made you laugh or cry or brought forth any other emotion in you, even if it's just your feels going out of control... I love talking to you guys (I have to say, when I check AFF and see the comments, it just... it makes me want to update that much faster, you know?)

Anyways, this is starting to get long, haha. I'm going to try to update "That XX" later.

Cuddles,

Lynn