Chapter 29

A Cracked Reflection

 

Daehyun had been kind enough to wait for Youngjae to catch up with him in the hallway and took one of the chairs that the younger was struggling with so that they were both carrying an even five.

Youngjae pouted, bumping his hip against Daehyun’s in lue of punching his arm in good humor seeing as his arms were full, “You know, you really can be an sometimes…”

Daehyun couldn’t help but smirk back, “Yeah yeah… but you gotta admit… I’m a damn y …” He said, laughing as Youngjae rolled his eyes dramatically. They walked down the winding hallways, sticking close to each other until the last second when they parted, putting quite a few feet between themselves as they approached the doorway to the main living room and kitchen area.

“What took you guys so long?!” Himchan demanded, storming across the floor to help with the load of chairs.

“They were buried in that mess of a store room… When was the last time it was cleaned out back there?” Daehyun griped as they began to unfold each of the chairs for the soon to be arriving guests.

Youngjae smiled as he listened to Daehyun and Himchan’s bickering as he helped arrange the chairs. He nearly jumped out of his skin as a hand gently rested on his shoulder. He glanced up to find Jongup smiling back at him innocently.

“Hyung… Hold on while Himchan isn’t looking.” He whispered, reaching up to fix some of Youngjae’s hair back into place while Himchan’s back was turned. Before Youngjae could say anything, Jongup turned away and hurried over to where Zelo was at to watch out the window for the arrival of Nu’Est and the rest of U-Kiss.

Youngjae quickly turned, cutting a glare at Daehyun as the elder looked back at him with surprise, glancing between Youngjae and Jongup before shrugging his shoulders.

Jongup glanced back at the two, smiling just as innocently as before as he gave them a small wave with his fingers before turning back to talk to Zelo.

 

It hadn’t taken long before everyone began to arrive, settling in around the overly crowded table as the maps were once more spread out so everyone could get a good view.

“Wow… How many new groups popped up since we left for the states?” Eli asked as he scanned over all of the foreign and new gang symbols and names that littered the map closest to him.

“Since U-Kiss left, I’d have to say there was at least fifty of us… not everyone has been… successful, though.” Baekho said as looked over to Eli. “We expanded into a lot of your old territory when the other gangs just couldn’t hack it… B.A.P took out a lot of the rookies too…”

“Let’s see…” JR looked at the maps, “There’s SPICA and EXID, they’re some of the only girls on the streets, so we try to leave them alone… Uh… I see BTOB’s still around, and so is Phantom…”

Eli nodded a little, “So… who are these guys?” He asked, taping the mysterious symbol that had seemed to cause such a fuss among the separate groups.

JR furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, “I have no idea, actually… but I’ve seen that symbol out in the streets, namely in some of the reclaimed territories like where TVXQ used to be before most of them left for Japan…” He said.

Himchan leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms and looking at Daehyun. “Dae told us that Minhyun told him about them.”

JR turned his attention to the male sitting directly to his left, “Minhyun? You know something about them?”

Minhyun nodded a little, brushing his fringe from his eyes, “Well, word on the street is that they are the next Super Junior…”

“No way… You mean they operate in groups of 15?” Zelo asked with a bit of shock, trying to picture sharing a secret hideout with 14 other people. To think, he thought five was bad enough half the time.

“Well, that was only for a short while before they began to split up a little… but apparently, the following this gang as gotten has already surpassed that that Super Junior had gathered out on the streets.”

“Seriously?” Yongguk asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah… from what I hear is they have base in China too…” Minhyun said.

Eli shook his head, “Yeah, but who are they?” He pushed on, staring at Minhyun as the room fell into silence, waiting for the reply.



 

 

“Damnit. I leave for China for two ing weeks, and then you pull this on me?!”

“Wow… way to get your all in a twist… Does anybody look dead to you?”

“… No.”

“Any injuries?”

“No.”

“Then why are you so worried? I managed the streets in China just perfectly without you, so why do you assume that I can’t handle it here in Korea?”

“You just don’t get it, we can’t rush into this! What if something had went wrong? You would have gotten everyone killed, they would have been at our door step, banging it down with their guns at the ready and half of your back up would have been stuck in customs in ing China! We have to think this through better…”

“And you don’t think we gave every single last detail deep thought? Everything is going according to plan… the explosion didn’t exactly kill who we were aiming for—“

“You set off an explosion?!”

“—But it has proved to provide us with much more valuable information, like several weaknesses we can exploit easily. Now please, Suho. Calm down so that we can better prepare ourselves.”

The man named Suho let out a sigh as he crossed his arms, glancing down at the plans that the other male had so carefully drawn up, “Okay… Fine, Kris. We’ll keep doing it your way. I’ll go get Luhan and Sehun in here to give everything a once over just in case…” he looked up at the older man as he leaned over the plans that were laid out before them, a sinister sort of smile on his face. “Seriously… I hope in my absence, you didn’t rub your bad influence off on the others…” He ran his hands through his hair, “We need this to go perfect, Kris… We can’t afford to screw it up again.”

Kris nodded in understanding, “It’ll be fine, Suho. Once we’ve eliminated them… We’ll be able to expand easier… it’s just going to take a little longer then we hoped.”

“It’d better me fine, Kris… or…”

“Or what?”

“I don’t know… but it won’t be pretty, believe you me.”

“Yeah yeah…” Kris rolled his eyes as he flopped back into the chair next to the drawing boards, pushing away so that he could spin it slightly. “So did everything go okay in China…?”

Suho sat down with a sigh, “Yeah, it was all fine… Our area has remained relatively untouched, in fact, there hasn’t been any word on the street about us moving into Korea yet…”

Kris nodded, “See, it’s all going according to plan. Will you stop using such fowl language now?” He asked, “And you called me a bad influence.” He added with a slight mumble under his breath.

Before Suho could smack him for the comment, Kris quickly added at a louder tone, “Oh yeah! Chen was worried about you; you should go let him know you and the others made it back safe.”

Suho’s expression immediately softened as he stood up with a quick nod. When he reached the door he turned to glare back at Kris, “Don’t think you’re off the hook by the way.” He added, smiling sweetly before disappearing around the corner.

Kris rolled his eyes, resting his elbows onto the table as he looked down at the carefully drawn up plans and blueprints. A smile crossed his lips, “It really won’t be long until Exo is on top…”


 

*raspberry sound* i really hate how this chapter turned out, but I had it finished before i left for Mexico, and I really really didn't feel like rewriting it (can you tell that i am still in lazy mode).

I am so happy to be back home and writting and talking to you guys though, vacation was great and all, but I missed my own bed (and the internet, DX)

Anyways, Crappy chapter is crappy, but now you guys know who is behind everything and boooooooo :P anyways, I will hopefully update again later today? maybe? If mom lets me keep the comptuer for that long keke.

I was wondering, would you guys want to read a oneshot spin off from U-Kiss's POV (probably Soohyun's) of what happened during the explosion?

I need to finish unpacking.

Cuddles,

Lynn