Chapter 24

A Cracked Reflection

For the second time in his life, Daehyun was forced to contemplate just how perfectly he and Youngjae fit together. Like two puzzle pieces finally coming together, just… clicking right into place. The younger’s back was pressed into Daehyun’s chest as the laid curled up under the covers just as they had gone to sleep the night before. The only difference from the last time was that Youngjae had Daehyun’s arm pulled protectively around him and was currently laying awake, playing gently with Daehyun’s finger tips. Daehyun couldn’t help the smile that pulled at his lips as Youngjae childishly pressed their hands together, comparing the difference in sizing before interlocking their fingers together gently and sighing softly, unaware the whole time that Daehyun was awake.

It was defiantly a new way to have been woken up, but Daehyun couldn’t say that it was bad.

If he did, well, he would just be lying to himself.

Since he’d had a several days to turn it over in his mind, a near death experience to drill it into his stubborn brain, the idea – as risky as it seemed to speak it out loud – didn’t seem so confusing anymore; Daehyun just merely liked Youngjae more than he was supposed to. His heart gave one giant whomp! against his ribcage as he slowly tightened his grip on Youngjae’s hand, rubbing his thumb gently along the smooth skin as Youngjae stiffened just a fraction in his embrace, just now realizing that Daehyun was in fact awake.

He’d been drunk the first time he had started to come to terms with his feels, but, he was completely sober now. He was still confused, love was always a complex thing and he knew he’d never understand it. It was unexpected, unpredictable. At least, that’s how he assumed it was. Daehyun had never been in love. Maybe he still wasn’t and it was just a mild attraction.

All Daehyun knew was that B.A.P had already been targeted once, and he didn’t want to lose another chance on trying to decipher his feelings. He wouldn’t be able to live with the ‘what ifs’ if something had happened.

“Hey… Youngjae…” Daehyun was surprised at just how soft his voice had managed to come out, despite the nerves shaking his very core and his throat still extremely sore from the amount of smoke that he had breathed in the day before.

“Hmm…”

“I… I meant it that night.”

Youngjae let go of Daehyun’s hand, opting to roll over within the others embrace so he could face Daehyun. “Meant what?” He asked, confusion in his eyes as he stared up at Daehyun.

The brunette took a deep and slow breath. He was aware of just how thin the wire that he was walking on was, and very unaware of just how he’d gotten himself there. He was curious and confused, unsure and he just had to know, so, why the hell not? After all, despite being drunk himself at the time, Youngjae hadn’t pushed him away.

Youngjae’s breath seemed to hitch as he continued to stare up at Daehyun as the elder slowly moved his hand slowly glided along his cheek, brushing lightly along the various small cuts and forming bruises that were blemishing his skin.

“D… Daehyun?”

But Daehyun wasn’t quite paying attention at this point. His eyes never left Youngjae’s as he tried his hardest to guess what the younger was thinking. In life, there were lines that just weren’t meant to be crossed, but Daehyun was tempted enough… he felt rebellious enough to want to cross it. Daehyun didn’t know why, he knew it was wrong, but the expanse of milky skin despite the blemishes of the previous days activities was just begging him to touch, feel all over just to make sure if this was what he wanted.

There was a small eruption of a foreign emotion in Daehyun’s chest as Youngjae slowly shifted beneath his touch, his eyes partially closing as he in a gentle breath as he simply laid there and watched Daehyun. Daehyun spared a quick glance to the door; they were in fact alone for now, but who knew for how long.

It felt like he was moving too fast as he slowly rolled over, propping himself up above Youngjae as he stared down at the younger. His heart was racing; pounding the beat into his ears as he slowly leaned forward, stopping mere centimeters away from the other as they shared the same air, still staring at one another.

Youngjae was the one to finally move, bringing his hands up carefully to wind his fingers into Daehyun’s brown hair as he pulled the elder closer, closing the gap of those mere centimeters and sealing their lips together.

Daehyun’s finger tips ghosted down his arms, skipping down to Youngjae’s waist, pausing briefly before he slipped under the fabric and made contact with the smooth skin of Youngjae’s stomach.

Everything was moving too fast, the rapid beating of his heart making him feel hyperaware of others presence around him. He was confused, but not once did he move to push Daehyun away. He didn’t have a reason he could call valid, but since when did he really ever need a reason to do anything?

Daehyun had seemed to come up with the answers he’d been looking for, yet he still continued to kiss Youngjae, his heart racing at the mere thought of the act, doubling as he completed it. He could still feel Youngjae’s fingers in his hair, holding him close somewhat possessive, a little bit aggressive. He’d always pegged Youngjae to be a bit selfish in his own special way, but this was something different.

Daehyun finally pulled away, staring down at Youngjae, their noses so close to touching as they both went slightly cross eyed to continue to keep an unbroken eye contact.

“Youngjae… I need to know… right here… Right now…” Daehyun whispered, his breath ghosting over Youngjae’s face and causing the younger to suppress a shiver. “W… What do you want?”

“Dae…” Youngjae breathed, turning his head to the right and in a breath because he needed time to thing, yet he didn’t need to think at all. He knew what he wanted, but… A hand clasped gently on his chin, turning his head back to where it was, and Youngjae was only capable of making the same single sound over again as he looked back up into the other’s eyes, “Dae...”

“Don’t get me wrong…” Daehyun mumbled, “I have no clue what the hell I’m doing…”

“Dae…” Youngjae found himself growing repetitive, irritated at the way that Daehyun just seemed to make him feel so lost in his own thoughts. “I want…”

What was it that Youngjae wanted? The answer hit him ridiculously fast, barely taking any time at all. He wanted just what he’d always wanted.

“I want this.”

For a few sort moments, they were stuck in gravity, taking slow and almost shallow breathes of the shared air between them as Daehyun spared one last glance at the door.

This was it.

Daehyun wasn’t sure exactly what Youngjae meant to him, or what he meant to the younger but in this moment, he decided he’d find out. Despite both of them being fully clothed, the brunette found himself loving the feeling of Youngjae beneath him. Solid and real and receptive against him.

The air felt significantly heavier between them as hands explored almost timidly, afraid to do anything more than that. This whole thing was a new experience with new sensations – to many at once – and they needed to find some sort of ground that they could both stand upon.

Daehyun flicked his eyes up to Youngjae’s the silent question of if he should continue on his lips and he was taken aback when Youngjae nodded slowly.

He’d kissed girls before, sure, but, this was different. This was Youngjae. In a sense, it felt completely new and foreign to him, and he really didn’t know what he was doing. He lightly kissed Youngjae’s lips again, the bubble of butterflies sparking within his chest as his heart rate increased.

It took Youngjae a minute or two to understand that his own hands were now under Daehyun’s shirt, the expanse of skin smooth to the touch as he continued to push the fabric out of his way. They parted from their kiss and Daehyun rested his forehead against Youngjae’s. In that moment Daehyun just made him feel safe and special.

Wanted.

Right now, Youngjae felt as though he were worth something. He felt like Daehyun saw him and only him and nothing in the world mattered. It was the kind of importance that Youngjae had only ever dream of and it felt completely unreal. Youngjae didn’t question it though, in fear that he’d wake up from this dream, if that was indeed where he was. Maybe it really was all real, and he could look back on this moment and tell a story about how he had been young and stupid and got caught up in the moment and allowed himself to be swept off his feet by someone that he shouldn’t have been in this position with.

Youngjae had never honestly been one for danger, but this was new. This was exciting and different. Daehyun’s lips were on him again, slow and teasing and careful as they migrated from his jugular to his jaw to the lobe of his ear. Daehyun blew the lightest of breaths against Youngjae’s ear, causing the blonde to shiver beneath him, a shaky breath escaping his parted lips. Youngjae liked how this felt, the danger of what this sort of activity could hold. He had never known something so simple could be so exhilarating and so addicting.

A soft whine escaped Youngjae as Daehyun pulled back completely, his cheeks flushed just as deep of a red as Youngjae’s were. They hadn’t gone beyond mere contact and kissing and already they were both pretty worked up.

Maybe it was the added detail that they were currently laying in bed together?

They took a moment to catch their breaths, staring at each other in silent confirmation, to make sure that this was real, that they were real and if this actually held any meaning.

“I… I don’t care what the others say…” Daehyun finally said, mostly to himself and only partly for Youngjae, yet it was as if he were deciding it for the both of them. Daehyun finally rolled over onto the bed and off of Youngjae, wrapping his arms around the younger and pulling him to his chest as he lightly kissed the top of his head. Despite the showers they all had taken after returning home, Daehyun could still smell the light sent of smoke in the younger’s hair, and he was sure that he didn’t smell 100% better either.

Somehow, Youngjae had wormed his way into Daehyun’s life, becoming part of that daily routine in such a short time despite Daehyun’s initial distrust over bringing someone new into their lives. Even on that first day, Youngjae had managed to break down the walls Daehyun had spent years carefully constructing. He had become a sort of best friend to Daehyun in that short time, and he was pretty sure that touching and kissing and pinning your kind of sort of best friend to the bed made it hard to go back to the way things were before.

“Does this mean we’re… uh…”

“Only if you want us to be…”

Youngjae couldn’t help but smile a little as he nodded his head softly, cuddling closer to Daehyun has he rested his head on the other’s chest in hopes of hiding the blush upon his face.

Youngjae didn’t give a second thought to anyone outside of the room at that moment; in fact the rest of the world could bend over backwards and screw itself. Youngjae was happy, the small bubbles of excitement still flouting around in his chest as he closed his eyes, listening to Daehyun’s heart beat. Everything felt right in the world at that moment, and Youngjae didn’t want it to end.

“Hmm… we should really get up now…” Daehyun whispered softly, running his hands lightly through Youngjae’s hair, smiling softly as the other boy curled his arms around his waist tightly.

“Nah-uh… I want to stay in bed.” Youngjae said softly.

“But… I need to pee.”

Youngjae rolled over with a huff, throwing back the covers, “Way to ruin the moment, Dae.” He grumbled, getting out of the bed as Daehyun let out a light laugh, getting up.

“No need to be like that, Jae~” Daehyun said, standing behind Youngjae to wrap his arms around him, placing a light kiss into the crook of his neck as he rocked them lightly, “I could honestly stay in bed with you all day…” Just as Youngjae was beginning to lean back into Daehyun’s embrace, the elder let go and hurried off, “But nature calls!”

Youngjae flopped back into the bed, legs hanging over the side, “Jung Daehyun, you are honestly something else.”

“You know you love me!” Daehyun called from the bathroom, his voice barely hearable through the crack he had left in the door.

Youngjae turned the thought over in his mind. He wasn’t quite sure, but maybe Daehyun was onto something. Could he honestly already love the other already?

 


 

I'm sorry, I've had this typed out for hours, then I got to talking to my boyfriend, and... yup. Sorry about that. (We really don't get to talk much, like, how almost all of you guys are over seas... so is he. DX) 

DaeJae guys... Dae.Freaking.Jae!!

      

   

   

   

I guess all I'm trying to say is