Chapter 41

A Cracked Reflection

Youngjae slide his fingers across the soft sheets beneath him, humming in annoyance as he didn’t meet a single obstacle and his hand fell off the edge of the bed. With a quick jerk of his head, Youngjae pulled his torso up, blinking heavily as he looked around, trying to will the sleepiness away.

For the first time, after having fallen asleep in Daehyun’s arms, Youngjae woke up in the bed completely alone, the sheets around him cold and empty. He groaned softly as he rolled from his stomach onto his side, trying to keep the blankets tucked around his still body as he rubbed at his eyes. His lower back was sore and he frankly felt a bit gross from the dried sweat from the activities from the night before.

The door opened slowly, and Daehyun came into the room, clad only in a loose pair of sleeping pants. “Good morning, beautiful…” He said, walking over and kneeling over the edge of the bed as he bent down to press a soft kiss to Youngjae’s lips.

“Mmm, morning… why weren’t you in bed?” Youngjae asked, reaching up and letting his fingers trail slowly up Daehyun’s bare chest before he wrapped his arm around the back of his neck. He fingers twisted into the back of Daehyun’s hair as he pulled him down for another quick kiss, lingering longer as he tried to pull Daehyun back into the bed.

“Youngjae…” Daehyun’s voice was soft as he rested his forehead against Youngjae, still kneeling over his boyfriend. He held back the small giggle as Youngjae rubbed the tips of their noses together in a light Eskimo kiss. “I had to clean up our mess from last night… the boys will be home soon…”

Youngjae pouted, his lips brushing against Daehyun’s with the action, “Do they have to…?”

“Unless you want hyung to know that we let them actually leave the warehouse…”

“Okay, you’re right…” Youngjae sighed. He smiled a bit as Daehyun pressed one last quick kiss to his lips.

 “C’mon, let’s take a shower.” He said, pulling back the covers and hoisting Youngjae up.

“Y…yah! I can walk!” Youngjae cried, kicking out his legs as he threw his arms around Daehyun’s neck, a dark blush settling in on his cheeks as Daehyun carried him to the bathroom.

“Yeah, I know… I just want to.” Daehyun didn’t set Youngjae down to his feet until he reached the edge of the bathtub, where he made quick work to start up the water and warm it up before turning on the shower head and pulling the curtain closed. “C’mon, Jae…” He said, pushing down his own sleep pants before pulling Youngjae into the shower.

Youngjae could feel the tension in his muscles ease as the hot water hit his back, and out of habit, Youngjae ducked his head down with a sigh and enjoyed the feeling. He looked up through his bangs, half smiling as Daehyun began to push the water through his hair, “Watcha doing, Dae?”

“I’m going to wash your hair.” Daehyun replied.

“Why is that?”

“I want to, close your eyes so you don’t get soap in your eyes…” Daehyun said, reaching back to get the shampoo bottle. He put some in the palm of his hand before rubbing it into Youngjae’s hair.

Youngjae enjoyed the feeling as Daehyun washed his hair, soon giggling as he could feel Daehyun childishly using the suds to spike his hair up. “Daaae~ Stop that!” he whined.

“You’re a unicorn though~” Daehyun replied with, continuing to play with Youngjae’s hair for just a bit longer. Finally he rinsed off his hands before tilting Youngjae’s head back, rising the soap from his hair. Daehyun placed a few slow, soft kisses down the slicked surface of Youngjae’s neck, taking advantage of the way the younger’s head was already tipped back.

Youngjae hummed softly, “Dae, stop that… the boys will be home soon…”

“and…?” Daehyun whispered against Youngjae’s skin, his fingers running through his hair before tugging it back to keep Youngjae in place. He kissed along Youngjae’s collarbone, his teeth grazing against the skin. “I like kissing you.”

Youngjae let out a small noise, half between a hum and a moan, as Daehyun gently against the sensitive skin of neck once more. “Y…yeah, what if Himchan hyung comes home early?”

Daehyun sighed, his fingers still tangled within Youngjae’s hair as he stood up straight, pressing their lips together for a quick kiss. “That’s a risk I’ll be willing to take.”

“yeah, well, I don’t feel like being murdered by hyung… or watch him murder you…” Youngjae said, smirking as he inched forward a little, pressing a chaste kiss to Daehyun’s lips. “Let’s finish washing up…”

“Yeah okay…”

“Oh… and Daehyun?”

“Hmm?”

“If you’re good today… I might have a surprise for you tonight~”

 

Daehyun finished washing Youngjae up, climbing out of the shower first before lifting him out easily and planting another sloppy kiss to his lips as he wrapped a towel around his body.

“Dae, babe, you didn’t wash your hair…”

“I did that this morning…”

“Then why did you even get in the shower with me?!”

“I wanted to.” Daehyun pressed another kiss to his lover’s lips before he grabbed a towel for himself and wrapped it around his waist. Youngjae made a show of rolling his eyes as he made his way back to his own bedroom, going straight to find some clean clothes for the day. He couldn’t help but smile as he crossed back through the bathroom, leaning against the doorframe that lead into Daehyun’s room as he watched the elder rifle through his own clothes in search for a shirt to wear.

“I like the blue one…”

“Huh? This one?”

“Yeah, that one…” Youngjae grinned, “Makes you look hot.” He pushed off the door frame, laughing as he ran from the room before Daehyun could pull on his shirt and chase after him.

He only got as far as the living room when Daehyun’s arms wrapped around his waist, lifting his feet from the ground and spinning him around before they toppled onto the couch. “Dae~ let me up!!” Youngjae cried, trying to climb up off of Daehyun, the elder, however, held him firmly in place.

“Nope, the kids will be home soon, and…” He smiled, “I wanna kiss you again.”

“When don’t you, god, you’re a hormonal little teenager sometimes…” Youngjae said, leaning forward and pressing a quick kiss to Daehyun’s cheek, “There, a kiss, now let me up.”

“Nah uh, a real kiss, on the lips… with tongue.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes, letting out a mock sigh of annoyance before he pressed his lips to Daehyun, molding against the elder as he slowly melted into the kiss. He let his lips part, letting Daehyun take control of the kiss as he traced the roof of his mouth with his tongue, into his mouth lightly.

Youngjae was almost positive, because of the increasingly hot air surrounding them, things would have progressed farther, had the loud sounds of the chains on the back gate to the ware house being unlocked not caused the two to spring apart. Youngjae quickly fixed Daehyun’s hair, straightening out the blue shirt before fixing his own clothes and fluffing out his wet hair.

“Uhm… Daehyun… We… We’ve got a bit of an issue…”

Both Daehyun and Youngjae were off the couch instantly as Jongup spoke up, rounding corner carefully. Behind him stood a small group of four highly familiar people, followed up by Zelo who mouthed out a small sorry to Daehyun and Youngjae.

On pure instinct with hard feelings from their last meeting, Daehyun pulled Youngjae behind himself to offer some sort of protection, “What do you want?” He asked, narrowing his eyes in dislike.

Sunggyu instantly held up his hands, “I’m sorry, we shouldn’t have come unannounced. Jongup and Zelo here were on their way back, and we were headed this way anyways, so we just wanted to offer then a lift…”

“What. Do. You. Want.” Daehyun repeated, his eyes flicking to Jongup and Zelo, his head ticking to the side ever so slightly.

The two maknaes caught the minute movement and quietly moved away from the few members of Infinite, moving into the safer space of the kitchen where they could still watch and listen without being in any immediate harm.

Sunggyu kept his palms up, “We need to talk, Daehyun… We are not here to cause harm… we are unarmed…”

“It’s true, hyung…” Jongup spoke up, holding up a bag that was not his own, “They said I could carry everything, I guess an offer of trust?”

Daehyun watched with extreme nervousness, “I still don’t trust you.”

Sunggyu nodded, “That is understandable.” He leaned over slightly, trying to get a look at Youngjae from where Daehyun was still trying to push him to stand behind him. “For what it’s worth, we weren’t going to shoot you… We were hoping that the scare tactic would get one of you to talk…”

Youngjae pursed his lips, trying to move out from behind Daehyun, “Why were you guys even interested in B.A.P in the first place?”

“Well… We assumed you guys were the ones threatening us and our territory… Must apologize for that assumption…” Sunggyu said. He looked over at L, “Can I see the… thanks…” He smiled a bit as the dark haired male handed  over a small manila file before he could even finish his sentence. Sunggyu carefully crossed the room, holding it out for Daehyun to take, “When you and U-Kiss were in that first explosion, we started digging a bit more…”

Daehyun stared at Sunggyu with apprehension, and Youngjae let out a heavy sigh, pushing past him to take the file despite Daehyun’s sudden panic to push him back away from Sunggyu. He opened it up, flipping through the files quickly, his eyes scanning over the documents. He narrowed his eyes, “How did you know it wasn’t us threatening you just by an explosion… we could have easily set it off while we were still in the building to throw suspicion off of ourselves?”

Sunggyu nodded, “That’s what Hoya said at first, but… Nu’Est said you two were helping each other… if you had tried to kill U-Kiss, why would you continuously allow them into your home after the failed explosion, where you could easily kill them with no witnesses? Then there was the issue of your injured member…” He shook his head, “About a week ago, we were snooping around what was left of U-Kiss’ place, trying to figure everything out… by the time we got home, we found this on our door…” Sunggyu turned the pages in the file to the back where a printed out picture was out, and Youngjae pulled it out, squinting at it just a bit.

“ ‘You’re next’…. Is that written in—“

“Blood… yeah… Kevin’s to be exact.”

“How do you-“

“We have our contacts… Look…” Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck, “We’re sorry, okay…” He looked at Daehyun, keeping eye contact, “If we knew then what we do now, we would have never gone after you in the first place.”

Daehyun nodded slowly, taking the folder from Youngjae carefully so that he could flip through it himself.

 

They were sitting around the table when the gate was slid open once more. “We’re back!” Himchan announced loudly, his footsteps loud as he moved into the main part of the warehouse. “Sorry we are late… Yongguk is a terrible passenger seat driver, and kept trying to instruct me on how to drive and now matter how many times I informed him that I am legally the only one with an actual ID, he wouldn’t listen…… Daehyun.” Himchan stopped, his eyes narrowing slightly as he turned his sharp gaze instantly onto the brunette he had left in charge.

“They showed up earlier… they just wanted to talk…” Daehyun said, keeping eye contact with Himchan. “Jongup and Zelo are in the back, don’t worry… And I tried to send Youngjae back there—“

“But that would be just plain idiotic, because that would leave 1 on 4, and besides, hyung… look…” Youngjae picked up the picture from table and stood up, holding it out to Himchan, “I think Exo is going after Infinite, like they went after U-Kiss and are going after us…”

“Is that blood?”

“Yeah… it’s Kevin’s.” Sunggyu ignored the way the co-leaders of B.A.P blanched at the information and stood up from the table, walking to meet Himchan and Yongguk, “Look… Like we’ve told the others already… we are sorry about before… We thought you were the ones doing this before… with your power on the street… we figured you were just trying to scare off more competition… U-kiss was good people… They didn’t deserve this. We just want to help.”

Himchan pursed his lips, glancing past Sunggyu to the table, then back to Infinite’s leader, “Where is the rest of your gang?”

“I requested that they didn’t come… I figured four was enough… I actually thought all six of you would be here at the time we showed up, so I didn’t want to show up with seven people, not with what happened before…” Sunggyu smiled, “I would have come alone to talk to you… but, Hoya wouldn’t let me… and Hoya doesn’t go anywhere without Dongwoo… L just tagged along…” he said, motioning back to the four at the table.

“Hyung~ You’re home… Can we sit out here now… Dae hyung is being mean…” Zelo leaned around the corner before coming out  and instantly going to Yongguk’s side, pouting slightly as he dragged Jongup along with him.

“No, Zelo… You and Jongup don’t need to—“

“Hyung.” Zelo stood up straight, his height dwarfing Yongguk’s. “We’re not kids.”

“Yongguk… You should let them stay out here… it’s important that everyone stays in the loop for this… “ Sunggyu said, “I’m not sure how the rankings here work, but… if there is an outside threat, you really need to make sure everyone is aware of it…”

Yongguk sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before motioning to the table. Zelo beamed, dragging Jongup over so they could take their seats and join the discussion.

“So… did you get the files okay?” Youngjae asked. When Himchan nodded and reached into his briefcase, Youngjae was taking the packets of information from him before they were completely out of the bag. He sat down at the table, pulling his legs into the chair beneath him as he began to skim through everything.

“Youngjae, what are you looking for?”

“Shh… Reading.” Youngjae mumbled, waving off Daehyun and simultaneously swatting at Dongwoo’s hand as he reached for a sheet of paper as Youngjae began to move them about the table. He cut a glare at the elder, “Don’t touch them yet, I need to organize them.”

Dongwoo held up his hands, “Kay.”

Youngjae had finally gotten all of the papers organized and spaced out, creating a good time line of events with the documents Infinite had brought and crossing them with the papers on the known crimes that Exo had committed. Sunggyu and Yongguk had begun discussing the information laid out before them, careful not to mess up Youngjae’s careful organization.

Everything was going rather smoothly until Sunggyu’s phone began to ring. He picked it up quickly. “Hello… Woohyun? What… No, you’re breaking up really bad… no where are you… you’re lost? Why are not with the others?... okay… yeah… I’ll send L in a minute… okay…” Sunggyu sighed, hanging up the phone and turning to L, who was in the middle of a heavy discussion with Himchan over the order of power based on the profiles they had been given of the known Exo members.

Youngjae smiled, “Hyung… If Woohyun hyung is just lost… I can go help him…?”

Sunggyu looked up, “You don’t mind?”

Youngjae shook his head, “Not at all…besides… I’m just good with organizing and finding data, it’s all on you guys now… Did he say where he was at…”

“Somewhere off the third block on 7th street… I’m not exactly sure…” Sunggyu said.

Zelo grinned, “I’ll go with you, hyung… we can get snacks for everyone while we’re out…” he looked at Yongguk, who sighed.

“Yeah, go ahead, you two be careful… and no, Daehyun, you cannot go with, we need you here.”

Daehyun pouted, watching as Youngjae and Zelo headed to the exit. He crossed his arms, slouching in his seat as he dejectedly stared at the table for a few minutes, not wanting to do the task he’d been given.

 

Youngjae walked along with Zelo, smiling as the taller teen joyously skipped around him, going on and on about what kind of snacks they could pick out for everyone.

“Hyung, what do you think?”

“Hmm?”

“Are you even listening to me?”

Youngjae nodded, grinning, “Of course I am, Zelo~” He said, reaching up and ruffling the younger’s blue and black hair. “I’m just thinking is all, I’m sorry… Let’s just go help Woohyun hyung, so we can get the snacks for everyone and get back…” Youngjae pushed his hands into his pockets.

He watched the streets, trying to figure out where they were at as they drifted farther away from the warehouse district and deeper into the darker parts of the city. “Why would Woohyun be out this way anyways?” He asked, looking around for the lost Infinite member.

Zelo stuck close to Youngjae’s side, his fingers holding onto the back of his sleeve as he walked along in time with him. “I’m not sure… Sunggyu hyung didn’t say?”

“He just said Woohyun hyung was lost…  Somewhere near 7th… Right around here…” Youngjae looked around, “Woohyun hyung?” He called softly. Youngjae pulled away from Zelo, stepping into the shadows created by the midday sun in the darkened alley. “Woohyun hyung?”

“U-uhh, I’m b-back here…”

Youngjae let out a sigh of relief, smiling at Zelo before walking farther into the alley, “Woohyun hyung… You scared us for a second there… Sunggyu hyung sent me and Zelo to look for you—“

“Well… isn’t that just perfect.”

Youngjae froze on the spot, his eyes widening as Woohyun was pushed forward, prodded into view by the cold end of the gun pressed to the back of his skull.  The man grinned from behind him. “Oh, how fate loves to just leave us little surprises… And here we thought we would be getting just a few of your little friends, Woohyun… Instead we get B.A.P, in the flesh and blood… oh, and look, just the one I wanted to talk to, too… This is just perfect.

None of them had time to spring forward as the gun was brought around, the connecting with Woohyun’s temple before he crumpled to the ground at the tall man’s feet, out cold.

“, Zelo, run!” Youngjae turned, trying to push the tall blue-black haired teen from the alley way. His hands barely made contact with his younger friend before he was dragged backwards, fingers twining into his hair as he was roughly hauled away.

“Let me go!” He struggled against the hands that gripped onto his upper arms, holding him still as the distance between him and Zelo grew larger.

The teen turned at his shout, his eyes widened in horror. Youngjae wanted to scream at him, to tell him to run, but it was too late as the shadows around them continued to move, and it was clear just how outnumbered they were as Zelo was soon pinned down.

“Oh~ C’mon you two… We aren’t going to kill you, loosen up a little…” The man stepped closer to Youngjae, grinning down at him, and Youngjae racked his brain for the information he had just read back at the warehouse. The hairstyle was different then the picture, but Youngjae could see the likeness of features, enough so that he was sure that the man before him was the one called ‘Kris’.

“We just want to talk to you, Youngjae… What do you say…”

Youngjae knew it was risky, but he gathered up the spit in his mouth, and with aim, spit at Kris’s face. His smirk was wiped off his face by the sudden back hand that jarred his teeth and caused his jaw to pulse.

Kris wiped the spit from his face was a low chuckle, “Really, Youngjae. That is very mature. I didn’t want to have to do this… But, you really are too much of a smartass for your own good.” He nodded his head to one of the guys standing off to the side, “Go ahead.”

Even in the darkness of the alley, Youngjae could see the glint of metal and knew exactly what was coming the second his head was forced to the side, exposing his neck.

Youngjae didn’t have any time to react as the needle was plunged into his neck, the clear liquid hitting his blood stream with a painful sting as he tried to pull away. The effects were nearly instant as his vision began to blur and his legs grew weak. It didn’t take but a mere thirty seconds before he hung limp between the two gang members, his head lolled forward as he blinked rapidly, trying to ease the sudden dizziness as the drug continued to numb his senses.

“So what he said was true, Youngjae… this stuff does work quite well on you…”

Youngjae grit his teeth together as a hand clasped firmly on his jaw, forcing him to look up.

Kris made a soft tsking noise, “Poor Youngjae… look at you… you can’t even keep your own head up…”

“Stop touching him!”

Kris looked over, his eyes conveying the boredom as he watched Zelo struggle against the members of Exo holding him back. “It’s not like I’m hurting him, Zelo…” he said, glancing back to Youngjae, “Oh… but I could…” His fingers tightened on Youngjae’s jaw, his nails biting into the side of his cheek with enough force to break the skin and draw forth the small beads of blood.

“Don’t hurt him, or I swear to god—“

“You’ll what… threaten me to death? You are at a disadvantage here, Zelo. I could kill him right here on the spot for your lack of respect.” Kris grinned as Zelo paled. “We just want to talk… That is all…” he said, letting go of Youngjae’s jaw and watching as the younger’s head lolled forward again.

“Then let him go.”

“If that will make things better…” Kris snapped his fingers, and with a rough shove, Youngjae was tossed forward to the ground where he smacked the pavement with a heavy thud, a small moan of pain escaping him as he tried his hardest to move. His veins burned, the fire pulsing with each heart beat as the drug continued to override his nervous systems. “There, he’s let go…  Now, let’s have a little chit chat, how about that?” Kris slowly approached Zelo, smiling sweetly as he reached up to pat the youngest’s cheek with the same hand that still had Youngjae’s blood on the fingertips, thus smearing the bright red onto Zelo’s pale skin.

“U-kiss was in our way, we did what we had to do. That’s all you want to hear right?”

Zelo grit his teeth, trying to pull away as Kris gently pushed his blue-black hair away from his face.

“You’re really too young for this business, you’re so far in over your head… You’ll never understand a word I am saying.” He smiled gently. “Take one. And get out of here.”

Zelo’s eyes widened as he glanced back past Kris first to where Woohyun lay unconscious on the cold concrete then to Youngjae, who was struggling against the drug, trying to push himself up.

“I-.. what?”

“Take. One.” Kris whispered. “The other is leverage. You go home, straight home. No extra stops, don’t tell any of your little gang friends where we are, and we won’t kill the one left with us…”

Zelo’s breath was coming in quick gasps, “W-what about… when I get there?”

“Then we’ll let whichever one go… just like that…” He smiled, petting Zelo’s hair, “We aren’t that heartless.”

“I want Youngja-“

“Leave me…”

Kris looked back, “What was that, Jae, I’m afraid you’ll have to speak up.”

“I said… leave… me…” He gasped out, his voice shaking as his fingers twitched against the ground, “Take h…hyung… Zelo… please…”

“Aww, still trying to play hero, Youngjae? Trying to minimize the damage you’ll cause?” Kris asked as he walked over, kneeling next to other. “If only your dear friend were here to see you like this… oh, what a laugh it would be for him…” Kris lowered his voice to a stage whisper, knowing full well that Zelo could still hear him, “To bad he doesn’t want to blow his cover.” He grinned at the sharp intake of breath that suddenly shook Youngjae as the younger looked up at him with wide eyes. “Okay, Zelo, please get Mr. Woohyun and be on your way.”

Kris pulled the gun from his holster at his hip and pressed it to Youngjae’s temple, “And please don’t play hero, Okay? I really would rather not have to clean brain matter off my shoes.”

Zelo nodded slowly, his movements slow as he slowly eased Woohyun’s unconscious body off the concrete, backing away from the alley way as he struggled beneath the elders dead weight, trying not to cry or look back, because he knew the second he looked back at Youngjae, he would do just what Kris wanted him to do… he’d play hero and get them all killed.

 

The second Zelo was far enough away, Kris stood up away from Youngjae, motioning down to him. Youngjae wanted to struggle against the hands that gripped at his arms, but the drug was still coursing through his system, making everything hazy. He was vaguely aware of the click of a zip tie before his wrists were pinned tightly behind his back. He was picked up from the ground, his feet dragging across the concrete as they left the dingy alleyway. Youngjae barely had a moment to look around before he was shoved into the back of a waiting van, hitting the floorboard roughly with a small moan.

He was left alone for a few minutes, laying limp in the back of the unmarked van with his arms pinned painfully behind him and an unknown drug coursing through his system. Still though, Youngjae closed his eyes and focused ever drop of attention he could muster on the faded voices he could hear just outside of the van.

“Why are we doing this… didn’t he say that everything would be taken care of?”

“Yes, but I don’t trust him… anybody that is willing to double cross their own people is willing to double cross us… he has something up his sleeve that he isn’t telling us, and I am not going to go down for him. We are just covering our tracks…”

“What about him though… He’s double crossing B.A.P…”

“… Ah… but it’s his job…”

Youngjae swallowed back the bile that rose back in his throat as he took a shaky breath, trying to calm the racing beat of his heart. He opened his eyes the second the slide of the door being opened reached him and he groaned at the sharp nails that bit into his skin as he was all but man  handled up from the floorboard.

“Youngjae… Are you coherent enough to have a little talk?”

“ you…” Youngjae spat, his head swimming as he was moved into a seated position, his back resting against the side wall of the van.

“Good, good, if you can insult me, you can listen.” Kris grinned, his eyes gleaming. “You don’t belong here, we know that… but you’re useful to us…” He laughed a little, “I mean, why bother writing up elaborate plans to kill off an elusive gang when you have a cop in your presence that has gotten in farther than anyone else ever has… You’re going to send them to jail for us, Youngjae… You’re going to eliminate them.”

Youngjae wasn’t sure if it was the drug or the fear, but his mouth was dry and his heart was pounding against his rib cage with a sudden increase of pace. It was 100% definite now. Somehow, Exo had not only found out about him, but knew exactly why he was there. Oh god, was he screwed. “What’s in it for you? We… we’ll just come… after you next…”

“No… no see, you won’t Youngjae… because, you’re on the inside, you can help sway decisions… If I so much as catch cops on our trail after B.A.P is gone, Mr. Jaebum will be getting a very nice surprise, and you wouldn’t do that to a friend, now would you?”

Youngjae shook his head slowly.

“Good, and besides, it’d be very unfortunate for Mr. Daehyun too, after all… being arresting and then sent to prison gives you time to think, I’m sure the prison would have files on his… depression… right? Suicide in inmates is very common. With the loss of Mr. Daehyun, the knowledge that you were playing them… Mr. Zelo is so young… He might not last much longer after that… and after all, Mr. Jongup is his best friend… they would probably make a pact. Oh what a loss it would be… With only two members left, I think the prison guards would feel safe letting them into general population… and… that uzzlang will only make it so far before someone makes him their --”

“Stop!” Tears picked at Youngjae’s eyes as he let his head fall forward, his breath coming in sharp gasps, “Okay…. I… I won…’t let them… hear about you… okay?”

“Good boy…”

“Why do you even… want.. B.A.P… gone…”

“Not just B.A.P, Youngjae… everyone… Do you know how long we have been working on this, how long our family has been working for this? We are the rightful kings of the streets, not some lowly street gang of teenagers that do nothing but sit on their asses all day.” Kris snapped, “It’s all about eliminating competition. Everyone around here is so quick to take credit for things they didn’t even do, it is so easy… rob a bank and point the blame elsewhere and let the cops take care of it.” He let out a small laugh, “It’s been so painfully easy that it’s laughable, until B.A.P came into the picture… a gang so hard to pinpoint we actually had to get our own hands dirty… But it’s okay… because now we have you…” He reached out, Youngjae’s cheek softly, “And you will do what we say.”

The van came to a lurching halt, sending Youngjae tumbling to the side as his muscles were still to numb to properly brace himself. He made a small noise of protest as he was hauled from the van roughly, thrown to the ground at Kris’s feet. There was a small moment of panic as he felt the cold blade of a knife being pressed against his skin before the zip tie around his wrist was cut free.

Kris smiled down at Youngjae, his footsteps slow as he followed the others movements as Youngjae tried to drag himself away on the ground. “You’re really pitiful, Youngjae… I still don’t know why they chose someone like you…” He stomped down on Youngjae’s back, sending him face first into the ground, coughing into the dirt. “But we need you.” Kris squatted down, dropping something in front of Youngjae’s face, “Finish what you’re paid to do, and maybe we won’t kill anyone else…” Kris stood back up, motioning with his hand to the rest of the Exo members that had come with him, “Let’s go, boys.”

And just like that, Youngjae was left alone in the dirt, the burning in his veins had cooled only slightly but Youngjae knew he wasn’t in any sort of condition to help himself. His hands shook as his fingers wrapped around the object Kris had dropped in front of him and with a sob of relief, Youngjae made quick work of trying to punch in the right numbers on the cell phone.

He had no idea where he was at, what was coursing through his blood stream, or what he was going to do. So the second the line clicked, Youngjae let out a shaky cry, “Please, help me…”

He could hear his name ringing in his ears, but his strength finally gave out and his cheek fell to the rough concrete as the phone clattered next to him.

 

Youngjae groaned softly as the fire seemed to light behind his eyelids, and he slowly blinked back into consciousness, trying to squint past the bright flashlight that was aimed at his face.

“Holy , Youngjae… You’re alive… , what do I do?”

“H-How long… since… I called…” Youngjae groaned, trying to help as he was rolled over from his stomach onto his back.

“About three hours… the trace took longer than expected, I had to work without anyone seeing me… Helped that you never hung up the line though.”

Youngjae nodded his head slowly, “I need to get back…”

“You need a hospital…”

“H…hyung’ll… h’ll take care of it…” Youngjae slurred, trying to push himself up of the ground. Instantly, P.O’s hands were on his arms, helping to ease him up.

“Youngjae… this isn’t just some gang beating… is it?”

“No…”

“You were drugged, weren’t you?”

“Yeah…” Youngjae leaned his weight into his friend as P.O wrapped his arm around his shoulders, supporting him on his feet as he began to lead them out of the back of the dirty alley that he had been dumped in.

“Where do you need to go…” P.O asked as he loaded Youngjae into the passenger seat of the car, pressing a water bottle from the floorboard into his hands and taking the lid off for him.

Youngjae’s hands were still shaking but he managed to down half the water with minimum spilling before his head lolled to the side so he could look at P.O, “Can’t drag you into this…”

P.O grinned, closing Youngjae’s door before going around to the driver’s side and climbing in, “I’m inserting myself into this…” he puffed out his cheeks as he looked at the road before looking back to his drugged friend, “There’s something that just isn’t adding up…” He reached over Youngjae, popping open the glove compartment as he pulled out a folder, “I hired someone to follow you… I was worried, and… Why haven’t you guys done anything?”

“Hmm?” Youngjae sat up a little in the seat, watching as P.O flipped through the surveillance photos.

“You know… gang stuff… the most we can actually connect B.A.P to is that first explosion JB told me that you guys were in… Other than that… do you just sit around all day?”

Youngjae flopped back into his seat, finding the handle to adjust the seat as he reclined it. “Mhmm, all lies… Jieun’s looking at the wrong gang… I need more time…”

“Youngjae… the files-“

“Are wrong…”

The cool air blowing on him from the air vents and the help of the water to flush out the heavy taste of the drug from his mouth was helping Youngjae to think a bit more clearly as he stared up at the roof of P.O’s car.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah… I am. Someone’s been setting everyone up…” His voice was coming in a bit stronger as Youngjae closed his eyes, enjoying the fresh air from the AC and the cool water on his throat. “!” Youngjae clicked the button on the seat, sitting up so suddenly his head spun.

“Youngjae, crap, don’t do that, you’re probably still suffering from side effects—“

“No no, important… You have a mole in the agency… they know… They know about me…”

“Who?!” P.O’s eyes widened, “B.A.P?”

“No, not yet, they don’t, but… I can’t tell you… I can’t tell you their name, because you’ll look into it, and if you look into it… oh god…” Youngjae fell back into the seat. “… JB… I need you to get him to go on vacation or… or something…”

“They threatened you, didn’t they?”

“Yeah, yeah they did…” Youngjae sighed softly, staring ahead slowly as thoughts swirled in his drug hazed mind as he tried to piece together everything that had happened in the past few hours.

“P.O… You… you said you were inserting yourself into this… right…”

“Yeah…”

“How far…?”

“Youngjae, as far as you need me.”

 

Youngjae knew this next part was going to be risky, but he honestly had no other options as his legs still refused to properly work on their own and he knew he’d never be able to make it anywhere on his own. So with a heavy sigh, and multiple reminders of the do’s and don’ts of what to say and how to act, Youngjae leaned his weight against his friend as they slowly made their way to the side entrance of the warehouse. He let out a heavy sigh as they came to the padlocked fence, and Youngjae let out a small noise of frustration.

“Don’t you have a key?”

“No, we usually never separate…” Youngjae mumbled, giving the fence a good shake to rattle the padlocked chains loudly.

“What’s that going to do-holy that’s a gun.”

At the first sound of the possible intruder, Himchan had been the first to move, standing on the other side of the padlocked fence with his weapon drawn. The second he saw Youngjae, the gun fell from his fingers and he was scrambling to unlock the fence. “Holy , Youngjae!” He pulled back the gate, pulling the younger forward as he pressed his palms to his cheeks, inspecting for any possible injuries. “Zelo said… and that Exo were going to… oh my god!” He pulled Youngjae into a tight hug before holding him at an arm’s length, “Are you okay?”

Youngjae nodded his head slowly.

“Okay, okay that’s good enough for now… inside, okay, just… inside…” Himchan turned his eyes on P.O, his gaze hardening as he took in the others appearance. “Jae?” He questioned, his hand holding onto Youngjae’s wrist tightly as he kept himself between Youngjae and P.O.

“Friend… good friend…. Let him in?”

Himchan sighed, motioning for P.O to come in before he shut and locked the gate. He took over the job of helping Youngjae limp into the main room, stopping a few feet from the doorway, “Yeah, okay, in risk of losing a limb for standing in the way, you go first Youngjae…”

Youngjae nodded, pushing himself forward without help from Himchan, using the wall for support when he felt like his legs were going to give out beneath him.

P.O watched with curiosity. “Standing in the way of what?” He asked, looking at Himchan, worry evident in his features.

“The hurricane that is Daehyun… poor kid has all but tried to run out of here on foot to look for Youngjae…” Himchan replied, a small smile on his lips. “3…2…1…”

“Youngjae!”

P.O watched as a brunette male, who he assumed to be Daehyun, rushed up to Youngjae the second he walked out into the open space of the room, his hands instantly going to the others cheeks as he began to check for injuries, much like Himchan had. The only difference, P.O noted, was how close Daehyun stood to Youngjae compared to Himchan. Daehyun pulled Youngjae to his chest, resting his forehead to the younger’s shoulder as he let out a small sigh of relief, “Don’t you ever do that again, got it…”

“Probably will, Dae…”

Daehyun pulled back, pressing a quick kiss to Youngjae’s lips, “Smartass.” He mumbled, a small smile on his lips, “C’mon, you need to sit down…”

P.O watched in mild shock as Youngjae followed Daehyun to the couch, sitting impossibly close to the other as Daehyun continued to poke and prod and check for possible injuries that Youngjae would be hiding.

“What’s your name, anyways…?”

P.O looked surprised, glancing over at Himchan as the elder stared at him with the same intense gaze as before that made P.O’s skin crawl, and he briefly wondered if Himchan could read minds.

“Uh… call me P.O…”

Himchan’s eyes widened a bit, “You’re P.O… should have known… you do sound like Yongguk…” he smiled suddenly, “Well, I’m Himchan, and that was Daehyun… and don’t be shy, we don’t bite, any friend of Youngjae’s is like… extended family to us…” He led P.O into the living room area, leaving him to find a seat as he crossed into the kitchen.

P.O had just sat down at the edge of a chair across from Daehyun and Youngjae when the door to the left burst open, and two teens burst into the room.

“Youngjae hyung!” The taller of the two raced over to the couch, collapsing next to Youngjae, “I am so sorry! I tried to come back to look for you but you were already gone and I couldn’t figure out which way they took you and I couldn’t leave Woohyun hyung alone for too long and I didn’t have a cell phone on me to call for help and-“

“Zelo… its fine… is Woohyun hyung okay?”

“Mhmm, he’s a bit concussed, but Infinite sunbaes will take good care of him… are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine…” Youngjae smiled at Zelo, who attempted a smile back at him, “Really now, Zelo…” he glanced back at the kitchen area, “What is hyung doing?”

“He’s probably cooking you dinner… I’ll go help him. Jongup~ Come help?” Zelo hopped up from the couch, dragging the other teen with him as they rushed into the kitchen to help Himchan with whatever tasks the raven haired male deemed the maknaes could do.

P.O took in the interactions, a bit surprised at how young Zelo and Jongup seemed to be. Not only that, but how much innocence they seemed to radiate. It was surprising, seeing as the teens were part of the most wanted gang in Korea. Every few minutes, P.O’s eyes flicked back to where Youngjae and Daehyun sat next to each other, practically in one another’s laps. Daehyun had one arm wrapped around Youngjae’s shoulders, his other hand was intertwined with one of Youngjae’s, his thumb absent mindedly the younger’s skin.

There was a clatter from the far side of the room as the last member of the elusive gang entered the room. P.O felt a chill run down his spine as the rather scary looking male crossed the room, immediately stopping in front of Youngjae, his hands instantly going to his face where he made Youngjae look to the side, “Is that all they did?” He asked, his deep voice startling P.O slightly.

“Yeah, and its fine, hyung. It barely broke the skin… Listen though… they talked a lot—“

“Youngjae! Do not tell me that you made Zelo leave you just so you could get information, what if they killed you?!”

“It was a risk, hyung, but it’s important—“

“No, it wasn’t a risk you were supposed to take! We can’t risk them killing anyone else—“

“I know, hyung, which is why I stayed… Woohyun hyung was unconscious and wouldn’t have been able to get the information I did—“

“Youngjae, Yongguk hyung is right though, you really shouldn’t have put yourself in danger.”

Youngjae let out a gust of air, pulling away from Daehyun suddenly, “Fine, take hyung’s side, Dae…” He leaned around Yongguk, “P.O! you’re on my side?!”

P.O nodded numbly, “Uh, yeah, ‘course…”

Youngjae nodded, pushing up from the couch and crossing the small living room to flop into the practically nonexistent space next to P.O on the small single seat, wiggling his hips a bit to get P.O to scoot over as he crossed his arms in a pout.

Both Daehyun and Yongguk looked shocked as they looked from Youngjae to P.O, “Wait, you’re P.O?” Yongguk asked with mild surprise.

With a small bit of nervous laughter, P.O nodded, “Uh, yeah…” He looked at Youngjae, “did you talk about me or something?”

“Surprisingly, only like, once when I got a concussion when Infinite jumped me and Dae…” Youngjae said with a roll of his eyes, “They are a nosey bunch…”

“Yah, you wouldn’t have gotten that concussion if you let them swing a few punches at me…” Daehyun said, staring at Youngjae from across the room where he still sat.

“I still think the ‘your mom’ quip was pretty brilliant though…” Yongguk added. He sighed as he sat down next to Daehyun, “Okay, Youngjae… I get why you did it… just next time… try not to, okay. We can’t keep having you get hurt like that… We had to threaten to lock Daehyun in a closet, you know…”

Youngjae couldn’t help but smirk, as he slide out of the small seat that he was sharing with P.O, kneeling in front of the coffee table, “Can you bring me the papers that you and Channie hyung went and got yesterday? Also… I need a laptop… and could you bring down the printer too? I don’t think I can take on those stairs…”

Yongguk nodded, getting up from his seat to climb the stairs to the loft where they kept all of the planning materials. He brought back several manila folders and what looked like a few case files. He set them down in front of Youngjae, who instantly began to open them, searching through each folder for what he needed while he waited for the printer and the laptop. The second the two electronics were brought to him, Youngjae set the printer up on the floor, stretching out the cord to the wall before reaching up to put the laptop in P.O’s lap, “I need you to log in…”

“Youngjae—“

“You told me as far as I needed you, P.O…” Youngjae stated, staring up at P.O from where he sat on the floor. “I need you to log in.”

P.O sighed, “Okay… fine…” He mumbled, pulling open the laptop as he propped himself up into the corner of the chair, knowing that what would be on the screen was highly sensitive material, and could most likely get him killed. “What do you need…”

“Files 201302018-GV-DS109 through 121.” Youngjae mumbled as he continued to rifle through the files Yongguk had given him.

“Youngjae…. Those are—“

“I know what those are, and I need them. Please.”

“Okay…” P.O sighed, finding the files that Youngjae had requested in Task Force’s backup system. He printed them out, keeping the laptop screen tilted so that the screen was not visible as he reached down to grab the papers as they printed. “Here you go…” He said, passing the stack of case reports to Youngjae as he began to thumb through them, tossing the top five aside before laying the rest out on the table.

“Are you going to explain anything to us, Youngjae?” Yongguk asked, leaning over as he examined the new files added to the table, he narrowed his eyes as the new papers, “These are police reports…” He said, reaching for one of the ones that Youngjae had tossed aside onto the floor so that he didn’t mess up whatever the younger was working on. “These are police reports on us…”

“Dear god, and I always thought you’d be the one to bring home a cop with the way you pick people up from the street, Yongguk!” Himchan said from the kitchen, a slight edge to his voice that made P.O begin to panic.

Youngjae didn’t seem to correct Himchan’s statement, as he was too busy organizing his filing system, which honestly worried P.O quite a bit. After all, Himchan had already swung a gun on him once, he definitely didn’t need to see the barrel of the gun again.

“Hey, but… Youngjae… how did you know which files you needed, “Daehyun asked.

Youngjae shrugged his shoulders, “I know a lot of things I shouldn’t…” He said, turning back to the files. He almost snapped when yet another hand reached for one of the papers, but he caught himself as Jongup merely tilted it to the side a little bit so that he could read the writing.

“Hyung… we never did this… we were in Japan at the time…”

Youngjae smiled softly, “Exactly…” He pushed some of the papers around, “Kris…” He tapped one of the files that Yongguk and Himchan had brought home, pointing out the gang member, “He kept making these comments… about how everyone is so quick to take the credit for things… and… Someone has been setting B.A.P up… for a while… Even before I got here…” Youngjae looked up at Yongguk, “I know Zelo spread some of those false rumors on the online forms a while back, but really… did you ever stop to think about how you got so much street credit without ever actually doing anything… Besides what happened with Yoseob hyung, have you guys ever done anything?”

Yongguk shrugged his shoulders, “No, there was no need to…” he sighed, “What is Exo planning, Youngjae?”

Youngjae leaned back, “They want the cops to catch up with us…  with the reports already filed, they have a good enough case that if we were caught, there wouldn’t be much of a chance in court…”

“But we didn’t do anything…” Zelo said, pulling his long legs up under him as he sat next to Yongguk.

“Well, yeah, we all know that, but… Zelo… Nobody’s going to listen, that’s what Exo is planning on… Do you know how long the cops have been after B.A.P as a whole? They aren’t just going to drop all charges because we claimed we ‘didn’t do it’ because… what proof do we have that we didn’t?”

“What we really need is someone on the inside… someone who could stall the police until we took care of Exo…” Daehyun said, “Then we could skip town maybe… I wouldn’t even care at this point…”

Jongup looked up from where he was still sitting next to Youngjae, “P.O hyung… You could stick up for us right….”

P.O looked around, “I… what? I mean….”

“He’s not a cop…” Youngjae said, not even looking up from the paper work.

“Bummer…” Jongup pouted.

P.O didn’t even give himself a chance to think about how odd the statement was, how a member of the elusive gang had, for a moment, actually wanted him to be a cop. He tried not to dwell on what they would think when they found out about Youngjae, and his status and why he was even there in the first place.

Himchan came out of the living room, not caring as he moved aside the paperwork Youngjae had carefully laid out as he put a plate of food in front of him, “Eat.” He demanded, he turned to P.O next, “And I will not hesitate to take the laptop from you, so you eat too.” He held out the other plate to P.O, a gentle smile on his face.

P.O smiled back, taking the offered plate with a bit of surprise at their kindness. He set the laptop onto the armrest next to him as he began to eat.

Himchan took a seat on the couch, his eyes on Youngjae, “You need to rest, no more researching, give your brain box a rest…”

Youngjae looked up, “I’m fine, hyung… I want to get this organized and everything done before P.O leaves…”

“It is almost 1 in the morning…” Himchan looked at P.O, “Do you work on Saturdays?”

“Uh… no?”

“Do you have pets?”

“Nope…”

“Significant other?”

“Nah-uh…”

“Okay, then you’re staying the night…” Himchan looked back at Youngjae, “You can do what you need to do in the morning, but you need rest first, okay?”

P.O, however, looked nervous at Himchan’s blunt statement, “I really don’t have to, I don’t mind driving late… I’ve done it so many times before-“

“No, Himchan is right. You need to stay here for the night. Youngjae and Zelo were attacked today, Exo knows where we are… it is to dark outside, they might see you leave and assume you are one of us… we can’t risk you getting hurt, not when you are being so nice and helping us… it’s bad enough that we’ve put JB at risk after he helped Himchan…”

Himchan unconsciously reached up, rubbing his arm where the scar from the bullet hole marred his skin, hidden away by the sleeves of his shirt, “Okay, it’s settled, I’m going to go find a guest room that is suitable…”

 

P.O sighed a little as he found himself in the plain room in the middle of the maze like warehouse (which surprised him how spacious it was. In the end, he finally voiced curiosity to Youngjae, but it was Jongup who answered with a smile, stating from the outside it looked like a block of three or four warehouses, but on the inside they were all connected which was actually pretty awesome in P.O’s opinion). He sat down on the edge of the bed, sighing softly before flopping back into the mattress. He didn’t even bother sitting up when the door opened and shut again.

The bed dipped down with weight as Youngjae settled in to lay down next to P.O on the bed. “God, this is all screwed up…”

“We really shouldn’t be talking… they could be listening…”

“They wouldn’t… well… if we start giggling they will…” Youngjae looked at P.O, “They trust me…”

P.O turned to look at Youngjae, “Okay, if we are going to be giggling, spill the details about the brunette then… whats that about…” P.O couldn’t help but grin as his best friend blushed darkly, “Really Youngjae… c’mon now… don’t leave me hanging… I wanna hear all about Daehyun~” He laughed a little as Youngjae shoved at his shoulder.

“Shut up P.O… seriously though… he really is amazing…” Youngjae rolled onto his back, staring at the ceiling. “He saved my life.”

“What?”

“That explosion… The ceiling collapsed and the support beam and god knows what else fell on me… I couldn’t get out from under it…” A small smile crossed Youngjae’s lips. “It … really… God… P.O… It was heavy.. and it hurt to breath and everything was so cold, and I just knew I was going to die right there, under the remains of a burning building… and the idiot ran in to drag me out…”

“Youngjae…”

A sad smile was on Youngjae’s face as he looked at P.O, “I know… I screwed up a lot…” He said, “I am a really terrible person, aren’t I?”

“No… You’re an amazing person… and so is he… I… I’m happy you two found each other…” P.O smiled. “I think Jieun needs to know…”

Youngjae puffed out his cheeks, “I know… just… how?”

“I don’t know… I can stall her?”

“How?”

“B-Bomb?”

Youngjae nodded, “I just want you to be careful, P.O… Exo is serious okay… They are prepared to hurt people just get what they want… You can’t let Jieun know about them right away… They’ll go after JB…”

“I’ll figure out how to move him into protective custody… he won’t like it… but he’ll do it for now…” P.O sighed softly. “Who do you think it is?”

“Hmm?”

“The mole in the agency?”

“I don’t even know…It could be anyone…” Youngjae looked at P.O, who instantly narrowed his eyes with a playful pout.

“Yah, if you weren’t still half high from whatever you were drugged with, I would totally kick your for that.”

Youngjae smirked, “You know I’m screwing with you, right… I know you wouldn’t do anything to get me killed… Except have a detail follow me… what was that about?”

“I was worried, okay?”

Youngjae rolled his eyes, “Worried about what?”

“I don’t know… You’re in a gang now, Youngjae… what if you come back with piercings and tattoos?”

Youngjae stared at the ceiling, his cheeks flushing suddenly.

“Oh … Which is it?! Where, I wanna see, oh my god!!” P.O jumped up, making the bed bounce as Youngjae panicked a bit, shushing him.

“Shut up, P.O, Christ… it’s just a tattoo—“

“Really?! Are you ting me, you actually got a tattoo, Youngjae?!”

Youngjae nodded, sitting up as he turned his torso and lifted the back of his shirt to show P.O the back side of his hip where the tattoo was located at.

“It’s actually a bunny, Youngjae, oh my god, that is so not manly.”

“Shut up, Jihoon.” Youngjae rolled his eyes as he covered back up the masked bunny on his hip.

“I thought that was just a joke though, that B.A.P seriously had bunny tattoos…” P.O said, flopping back into the blankets as he looked at Youngjae.

“Nope… Everyone has one, and they are all color specific too… That’s what we went to Japan for.”

“, if you’ve gotten to the level of being that accepted here… You’ve must have met the leaders then… Bang and the General?”

Youngjae smiled sadly, looking at P.O, “Yeah… I have… Bang is an amazing guy who just wants to help people and doesn’t know how to besides offer them a home and a family when everyone else has failed them… and the General… god… despite what has happened to him… he’s always smiling and so full of life… He’s a bit naggy at times… but he’s like… the Umma of our family…”

P.O sighed, “Your family…? Youngjae… You’re attached…”

“I know.”

“What are you going to do?”

Youngjae looked up at the ceiling, his heart feeling heavy as he thought of everything that had happened in the past few months. The love and loss that he had experienced, the feeling of family and belonging he finally found. He thought about the maknaes that were surely asleep by now in their rooms, Zelo would be sprawled out across the bed by now, his long limbs tangled in the pillows, and Jongup would be the mirror opposite, curled up in a bundle of his blankets like a little puppy. He thought of Yongguk, who would probably have snuck back down into the main room to do more work despite Himchan’s insistent that everyone go to sleep. And Himchan, who would be passed out by now in his pink room, cuddling his pillows as he slept peacefully without a care that his kids were disobeying his orders (because despite Yongguk being older, he was still one of Himchan’s kids).

And then there was Daehyun.

Oh god… Would he still be awake, laying in bed waiting for Youngjae to sneak back to the room? Or would he have gone to sleep already? What was he going to do if he couldn’t sleep in Daehyun’s arms every night… Couldn’t kiss him in the morning and hold his hand in the afternoon.

Youngjae sighed, the decision had already been made for him. This was his family, his life… he couldn’t back out now, he was in way to deep.

“I’m going down with them.” 

 


I am so ing sorry for how long it took me to write this, so I made it extra long to make up for it. My boss went out of town in the begining of August (from the 9th to the 19th) so I worked for two weeks straight. My Mum took my internet from me halfway through, because I "wasn't doing the house work" (news flash woman, i was working 8+ hours every day for two weeks, sorry i didn't have time to do your ing dishes), then she decided, about a week end "Oh, we are moving" so I've been packing up my room, getting ready to move, and then guess what, I was at an anime con this past weekend, MechaCon IX. It was amazing, I had loads of fun. I'm glad to be home though, haha. I am so freaken tired. Like, three weeks with no sleep, then walking around a whole weekend at a con, yeah, I'm tired. but, I had this mostly finished, I just had to go in and finish the middle scene and the ending and what not, so... I hope it's okay....

So much is going on in this chapter that it isn't even funny, DX i hope you guys like it... OTL 

Cuddles,

Lynn