Chapter 51

A Cracked Reflection

Okay, 90% of this chapter happens during last chapter, does this make sense????? Omg, I am confusing as hell. If you have any questions about the order of events, ASK. Please. OTL

Also, there is a ton of breaks between conversations because i jumped back and forth between people. Sorry.

Also, this chapter is .

Sorry again.


 

P.O followed Minhyuk and U-kwon out of Youngjae’s apartment, locking the door behind him. “Are you sure he’s going to be okay… I don’t feel right about doing that to him…”

U-kwon sighed, resting a hand on P.O’s shoulder, “I know it doesn’t feel right… but, look, he’s just too involved with all of this, and he hasn’t thought about his own safety since he came back… if something goes wrong tonight, you know just as well as I do that he’d try his best to sacrifice himself to keep them safe.”

“Plus… You heard what he did just to keep Daehyun alive… he hasn’t gotten over that yet, and if anybody were to be put in danger, there’s a chance that he could snap and end up hurting one of us…” Minhyuk added, glancing back at P.O.

The youngest sighed heavily, “I get it, okay? I still don’t feel good about drugging my best friend, alright?”

U-kwon smiled gently, “We know, P.O… when this is all over, I’m sure he’ll forgive you for it… he’ll understand…”

P.O nodded a bit, sliding open the back door of the van as he climbed in, buckling up as Minhyuk hopped into the front seat and U-kwon got behind the wheel. “… Let’s make it out of this alive… and not in prison, okay?” P.O said, leaning between the center console to look at his friends.

“I can second that.” Minhyuk agreed.

 


 

Daehyun stared blankly at the walls surrounding him as he propped up against the wall next to his bed. All morning, the whole station seemed to be a flurry of movement and the constant loud chatter bouncing around the brick walls was honestly starting to give Daehyun a headache.

He closed his eyes, trying to will himself to rest before whatever everyone was preparing for went down.

Of course, no sooner than he had fallen into a light rest, the door to his cell was being unlocked and opened. Three armed guards pushed their way in, hauling Daehyun up from the bed roughly, giving him no time to question anything or even fight back as the restricting chains and hand cuffs were secured around his wrists and secured to his waist so he couldn’t raise his arms up but a few inches and he was marched from the cell.

Daehyun stumbled along between the two mountain sized men that had almost death grips on his upper arms, the whole time his neck craning as he tried to take in the sights around him. “Hyung!” His voice cracked from having been unused in so long, and his heart sank while he watched as Himchan was drug from his own cell in the same manor.

Himchan looked up, “Dae—“

The rest of his words were cut short as the man beside Himchan gripped his arm roughly, dragging him out of Daehyun’s line of sight. It wasn’t long until Daehyun found himself being drug down a dark hallway, a hand at the back of his skull keeping his head down. By the time the walk came to an end, Daehyun’s heart was pounding against his ribcage and his breath was coming out in frightened gasps. He had no time to so much as contemplate what was going on as the hiss of a door sliding open reached his ears, followed by the metal clanking of another being unlocked.

When he was finally able to raise his head, he was faced with a single metal compartment set into the interior of an armored van. His mouth ran dry as he was pushed up the stairs and shoved into the single seat, the belt instantly latching around his waist to keep him in place as the lock clicked with finality.

Daehyun raised his eyes up, staring at the police officer that was checking over the locks on his handcuffs.

The blonde male in question met Daehyun’s gaze, a sadistic sort of smirk on his face as his head twitched to the side, “Have fun.” He said, reaching for the door and closing Daehyun into the small, prison like compartment.

Before the door completely cut away Daehyun’s view, he could have sworn the man had winked at him.

 

Himchan flipped out the second Daehyun had been drug away, the need to protect his dongsaengs kicking in once more as he heard the fear in that single syllable Daehyun had uttered. Of course, his protests went unheard as he was lead down the darkened hallway, his feet dragging against the ground as the two guards flanking him ignored his tries to get them to slow down. By the time he reached the armored van, he’d calmed down only a little. Himchan took to trying to get a glance at anything around him, trying to see if he could find so much of a hint of his family.

He was too busy looking around that he nearly fell onto his face as he was loaded into the small rectangular compartment on one half of the van. Like Daehyun, he was belted into his seat and his restraints were checked.

The curly haired brunette smirked a bit, “Enjoy the ride… at least you have company.” He said, a small chuckle on his lips as he slammed the door shut.

Himchan’s head quickly snapped to the side as he finally noticed that the seat next to him in the cramped space was in fact occupied. Tears welled up in his eyes as he tried to stretch the short chain on the handcuffs as far as he could, trying to reach out to make some sort of contact.

“Hyung, it’s going to be okay…”

Himchan nodded, unable to find his voice as Jongup helped close the last bit of space and held onto his hand tightly.

 

Yongguk was the last taken from his cell. He’d heard each of his dongsaengs being drug out of their respective rooms, and had been forced to listen to Daehyun’s call to Himchan, to Zelo’s demands of where they were taking him, Jongup’s quiet protests of displeasure, to Himchan’s freak out to everyone being taken away… and in the end, Yongguk stood up straight, his head held high as he walked with a confidence that surprised even himself.

He was by no means ready to spend the rest of his life in prison, but, this was life, and in the end, it seemed that he had no choice but to accept it.

Yongguk took a deep breath as he approached the mostly filled armored van and was loaded into the last spot. He bit the inside of his cheek as he quietly took his seat, allowing the guard to buckle him in properly.

The unnaturally red headed grinned, “You two behave now.” He said before swinging the door shut.

Yongguk looked over instantly, “Zelo-ah… I’m sorry.”

Zelo looked up at Yongguk, shaking his head a little, “It’s okay, hyung… we’re all still together, right?”

Yongguk nodded, opening his mouth to reply to Zelo when the muffled voice cut over him.

“Zelo! Would you mind explaining that to Himchan hyung too?”

The maknae looked surprised, staring at the metal wall that was practically pressed against his knees, “Uppie? Is that you?”

“Uhm… yes?”

“And Himchan’s with you?” Yongguk asked, leaning forward and trying his best to get closer to the wall so that he could hear Jongup easier.

“Yeah, it’s me and hyung over here.” Jongup replied.

Yongguk looked at Zelo, “Dae’s not with you—“

“Gee, you guys get to have someone to sit with, and I’m separated and alone. That’s just lovely.”

Yongguk breathed a sigh of relief the second he could hear the muffled busan accent through the metal walls. “Damnit Daehyun…” He shook his head, “We’ve got to be careful, okay… They probably can hear us…”

“Great, so you guys can whisper with each other… I don’t even have a light over here!”

Yongguk couldn’t help a small smile at Daehyun’s whining. Even though it seemed like the teen was being playful and acting normal, Yongguk could hear the tremor in his voice even through the metal sheets that kept them all separate.  “Dae… Deep breaths, okay… it’s going to be alright.”

“I hope so.”

 

Conversation between the boys was light, nearly nonexistent as the van continued on the long path to their final destination. Several times, the wheels would catch deep pot holes and would jostle about the five males, and a few times they could hear the distinct thud of Daehyun’s head managing to hit a wall.

Yongguk was in the middle of trying to readjust his sitting so Zelo had more room to stretch out his long legs when a faint hiss had him on edge. He was quick to look up, staring at the boxed speaker above them as it began to emit static.

“This is your driver, please hold onto whatever is nearby, because, boys, it’s about to get bumpy.”

Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows, glancing at Zelo who was staring back with just as much confusion.

“What does that even mean—“ Daehyun’s muffled question was cut off as the van lurched to the side, five distinct thuds echoed in the metal walls as everyone was thrown to the side in violent manors.

 


 

“They’re late.” U-kwon muttered, looking down at his watch as he tapped his foot. “Does anyone have contact right now?”

“Calm down, Yukwon…” Kikwang said, inspecting his nails as he leaned back against the heavy wires of the metal fence, “We had contact not five minutes ago, and like I told you then, they are experiencing traffic.”

U-kwon narrowed his eyes, ready to snap at Kikwang when Minhyuk stepped in, holding up his hands, “Calm down, Kwonnie… okay? Why are you so wound up anyways?”

U-kwon pursed his lips, crossing his arms, “I… I just wish someone more responsible had been put in charge of driving the vans.”

Kikwang let out a small laugh, “What, you don’t trust the SWAT team?”

“No. They aren’t our guys, of course I don’t.”

“Aww, so sweet, being loyal to the group… I’ll admit… I think it would have been better if Jieun had just let us transport them, but, you know how that goes.”

“Hey… look sharp, here they come…” Minhyuk said, motioning to the three black vans that were on their way up the driveway of the high security prison.

He gave U-kwon a look, winking barely before moving into his respective position.

Kikwang was the first to approach the armored van that was now parked between the other two vans that had escorted it to the prison. He unlocked the back door, popping it open before reaching for the inner door. “…. We have a problem!”

U-kwon ran over immediately, “What’s wrong Kikwang, can’t handle a couple of restrained criminals—, Minhyuk! It’s empty!!”

Minhyuk was the last to run over, “No! It can’t be, we had contact the whole time!!” He turned to the van that was behind the armored vehicle, instantly rushing over and dragging the driver out of it, “What happened to them. Did you guys make any stops at all??!” He demanded.

“No! We followed exact orders!” The man said nervously, “I had full visual of the van at all times! I-I don’t know how this happened!!”

Minhyuk rubbed his hand down his face, “Damnit… Someone call Jieun.”

 


 

The inside of the van had grown an eerily quiet, nobody willing to talk as the van sat still. The lights had gone off in the interior, and everyone seemed to hold their breath as they waited.

The doors were thrown open so suddenly that Himchan flinched away, and had he not been restrained, he might have ended up in Jongup’s lap.

Zelo let out a noise of surprise, and although distant sounding, it was clear that even Daehyun had flinched back and managed to once more thwack his head into the wall.

“Alright! You are all going to remain calm, no shouting or… ah who am I kidding, you deserve to shout…” The red headed guy from earlier broke out into a grin as he separated five keys and passed them out. The same SWAT guys that had loaded B.A.P into the van set to work unlocking the restraints and popping open the handcuffs.

Yongguk stared at them all in wonder as he stepped out of the armored van and onto the ground, reaching back to help Zelo out.

All five members were practically in shock, “H-How did you guys—“ Daehyun had managed to splutter, only to be cut across by Yongguk.

“Who are you?” he demanded, his voice deep as he eyed the red head.

“Yongguk, right?” He said, holding out his hand, “Call me N.”

Yongguk eyed the offered hand before reluctantly reaching out to shake it. “That doesn’t explain anything.”

“You’re VIXX.”

N turned to Himchan, nodding his head, “Ah, so you have heard of us?” He asked, pride in his voice.

Himchan shook his head, “Not quite, I just recognize the sign…” He said, tapping his own arm to indicate the logo that was sewn into the sleeve of N’s t-shirt.

“Ahh… Yes, and yours is a bunny, right?” He said.

The curly haired brunette from earlier stepped forward, “Not to interrupt the… bunny talk… but we need to move. We are going to be late otherwise.”

N looked over, “Alright, Hongbin…” He turned to B.A.P, “Alright guys, time to get a move on. Ravi!” he turned to the blonde, “Send out a text, let them know that we are on our way!”

The shock of being free was enough to keep the members of B.A.P both silent and occupied in their own thoughts as VIXX moved them from one location to another using a much more comfortable van.

Once they pulled up, N turned to them all, “Alright, don’t make us use force on you guys… No violence, okay?”

Daehyun was the first one to get out of the van as a sort of nervous tension filled the air around them as they walked through a dingy alleyway as N lead them to the back door of a place of business.

“I am only doing this because you are my friend, and so is Youngjae, and I trust your judgment!” the female voice could be heard through the door as they approached it. “Just remember, I have scissors and I’m not afraid to use them, so everyone better stay on their best behavior! You better tell them that, got it!!”

N pushed the door open and instantly the five members froze, different reactions showing through all of the members. Indifference from Yongguk, apprehension in Himchan’s eyes, a flash of pain in Daehyun’s and extreme confusion in Zelo’s.

Only Jongup smiled in happiness, “Hyung! What are you doing here?”

P.O looked up, his smile strained, “Uhm… Helping?”

“Why?” Daehyun demanded, his voice a bit harsh as he glared at P.O.

“Well, obviously he needed my superior expertise because you guys can go out looking like that or everyone will know it’s you!” The girl interrupted, a grin on her face as she turned to P.O, “And see!!” She pointed at Zelo, “Blue ing hair can be cool! I’m dying your hair blue after this, Jihoon.” She turned back to the members of B.A.P, her eyes alight, “I’m starting with you.” She said, hurrying over and taking Yongguk’s hand and pulling him farther into what he now realized was a salon before pushing him down into a chair. “The rest of you go wait over there… and don’t peak, I want everyone to be a surprise…”

“Sunhwa! Don’t go overboard, aiish… This was a bad idea…” P.O collapsed himself into a chair in the waiting room, sitting alone now with the other four members of B.A.P, seeing as VIXX had taken to keeping an eye on the perimeter.

“Who is she?” Himchan asked, staring at P.O.

“Sunhwa… just a… friend… contact?? I don’t know… She’s in charge of any sort of physical make over that is needed before going undercover… that and she actually does a really good job at hair cuts in general…”

Daehyun ignored P.O as he continued to explain to Himchan why they all needed to change their appearance and went into more detail about how they had planned  B.A.P’s escape and how just at that moment, an empty van that “contained B.A.P” was headed to the prison, where Minhyuk and U-kwon would receive it and set out the foundation of B.A.P having escaped.

Daehyun slowly tuned out P.O’s voice, staring now instead at the photos that were haphazardly and rather oddly placed upon the wall of the salon. There were several group shots of the same four girls, all of which included Sunhwa. His eyes focused on one photo in particular, the frame hanging crooked upon the wall just a little above eye line. Incased in the glass was a single picture of who he could definitely tell was P.O, but what really caught his eye was the person P.O had his arm tossed around.

He bit his lip softly as he took in every dip and curve of Youngjae’s face, the way his then bright blonde hair hung around his chubby cheeks and his small smile pulled at his lips as he tried to avoid eye contact with the camera.

“That was a week before Sunhwa cut his hair…”

Daehyun nearly jumped, looking over quickly as P.O stood next to him.

“He was a lot fluffier back then…” P.O stared up at the picture, remembering the days before Youngjae had been into the world of being an undercover cop. He reached up, straightening the picture with a soft sigh.

“You guys don’t think I look stupid, right?”

Yongguk’s deep voice pulled P.O out of his thoughts and gave Daehyun a reason to not stare at Youngjae’s photo as everyone turned to view their leader.

Yongguk ruffled his short black hair, a small pout pulling at his lips.

“It looks great, Yongguk!” Himchan praised.

“It really suits you, hyung!” Zelo agreed, a grin pulling at his lips.

 

Sunhwa was quick to pull each individual member to the back, cutting and dying their hair how she saw fit. In the end, Himchan had gone from his nearly black hair to a light blonde. Zelo had gone from the extreme of his blue and black hair to a red that was unnaturally close to pink. Jongup’s hair was less of a shock, his style barely changing as Sunhwa dyed it a simple black.

Daehyun was last to go to the back, and nervously he sat in the chair as Sunhwa set to work.

“I’ve heard that you are from Busan.” She said, smiling as she looked at Daehyun through the mirror.

 A tiny tug pulled at his lips as he listened to the familiar accent she spoke with, “Yeah… you too?”

“Mmm, you know… it’s amazing how much you can miss hearing someone speak satoori.”

Daehyun nodded in agreement. Conversation was light and surprisingly easy with Sunhwa, and Daehyun was glad for the distraction to keep his mind off of everything. All too soon, he found Sunhwa drying his hair, spinning his chair around so that he could see his reflection. He stared back at himself, his hand slowly coming up to mess with the dark blonde strands.

“Do you like it?” Sunhwa asked, smiling just a little.

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah, it’s nice… thank you…”

 


 

Youngjae groaned softly, his eyes barely cracking open as he reached a highly disoriented consciousness. His brain refused to work properly and he was finding it harder to remember or grasp anything else other then the fact that he was in a dark and cramped space, and had the oddest sensation of moving although he was pretty sure that he was lying still. He tried to reach out in the spaces around him, but he found his muscles refused to cooperate, and his tongue was too heavy in his mouth for him to try to speak. He tried harder to think straight, but was hit with the overwhelming sense of being outside his own body. With the inability to do anything, Youngjae let himself drift back off into unconsciousness again.

 


 

Jieun sat with her head in her hands, “So what your saying is… The van containing B.A.P pulled up… and nobody was inside?” She repeated for the tenth time.

“Yes, that is exactly what we are saying. We searched everything there.. the van wasn’t tampered with at all… We don’t know how they did it.” U-kwon said.

Jieun sat up, “I want everyone on this now. We are not going to let them get away now. I want a BOLO put out on them—“

“Jieun… we never got their real names… and there aren’t cameras in the cells, and you didn’t want the interrogations video taped…… we don’t have photos of them…” Minhyuk said.

“Then we’ll get a sketch artist!” Jieun cried, throwing her hands up.

“Do you know how unreliably that is??”

Before Jieun could yell anymore at Minhyuk the door eased open a someone slipped in. “Oh gee, glad that you could finally join us, Hyunseung!” She said.

“Dude, I called you like… an hour ago before we even left the prison yard, where have you been?” Kikwang said, standing up from where he had been leaned against a desk.

“Yes, please enlighten us, Hyunseung. Please explain why you weren’t here to do your job, and maybe B.A.P would still be in custody!” Jieun said, sarcasm in her tone.

Hyunseung raised an eyebrow, “Not to be disrespectful, but you told me to go home, Jieun.”

“I did?”

“Yeah…” Hyunseung crossed his arms, not looking at anyone else besides the boss, “Due to my… misconduct against Youngjae. You didn’t want me directly involved with this.”

“Oh… right… Sorry.”

“Still doesn’t explain why you are so late…” Kikwang muttered.

This time, Hyunseung blushed ever so slightly, “If you all must know. I was with my girlfriend…and wasn’t in the position… to rush out the door immediately.”

Kikwang instantly snickered, “Dude! Really!” he said, walking over to Hyunseung. “Oh yeah, he’s telling the truth… Hyuna’s defiantly been here.” He brushed the strand of the short dirty blonde hair off his shoulder.

“I do not care about Hyunseung’s ual adventures. I want to know where my missing criminals are, and I want to know now!” Jieun said, slamming her palms onto her desk. “U-kwon, get Youngjae on the phone and tell him to get here immediately. I want him to go over anywhere that B.A.P might go to hide, who they would go to for help, who they would trust. I want everything, including some god damn names to call them by! And everyone else, go home, get some rest, because starting tomorrow we are not going to leave until we find them!”

 


 

P.O left the salon, leaving B.A.P in the hands of VIXX as he checked over the recent text message from U-kwon. He felt a sense of pride in the plan having gone over so well, nobody suspected the three of having anything to do with it, nor were they immediately blaming Youngjae, Hyunseung had even kept out of it per orders and nobody had gotten hurt. He smiled to himself as he grabbed a cab to get a lift to Youngjae’s apartment.

He could only hope for his sake that he was able to wake his friend up easily and that he wasn’t too angry so that Jieun wouldn’t question anything. He took the stairs up to Youngjae’s floor, humming to himself the whole way. His footsteps slowed as he approached the open door way and he came to a halt, staring into the darkened interior of the apartment with a sudden sense of dread.

 


 

The second time Youngjae awoke, his head still spun and his senses were still fogged, but he was a bit more aware then before. The sigh was soft on his lips as he tried to force his eyes open. He finally let out a small groan as he reached full conscious.

The regret for making noise hit him almost instantly, just about as hard as the fist connecting with his jaw. Youngjae was quick to in a sharp breath threw his teeth, his eyes flying completely open and his mind snapping to alertness as a vice grip in his hair yanked his head back harshly, forcing him to look up at his assaulter.

“Long time no see,” The man said, a mock pout pulling at his lips. “Were you avoiding me, Youngjae?” He laughed harshly, tapping Youngjae’s cheek roughly, “Tsk, You’re not even coherent enough to talk to me properly, are you?”

Youngjae merely stared up in fear at the man before him, his breath coming out in harsh pants as he tried to ignore the nausea in his stomach and the dryness in his throat. The taste of blood was heavy on his tongue as he realized that he was right. Youngjae was having troubles getting any of his muscles to cooperate, but still, he fought against the residual side effects of having been chloroformed and tried his best to gain control over his own body once more.

“I know you know everything… And you will tell me, do I make myself clear?”

Youngjae swallowed heavily, his dry lips as he tried his best to put up a strong front, “Go to hell, Hyunseung.”

Hyunseung’s growl was low, almost animalistic and completely terrifying, and he was quick to let go of Youngjae’s hair, instead his fingers wrapped tightly around his neck. He hauled the blonde up from the chair he had been collapsed into, “You can pretend to be strong all you want, Youngjae, but by the time I am done with you, you will be begging me to put a bullet in your brain.” He smirked, his grip tightening just enough to cause Youngjae to splutter and gasp for air, his thin fingers coming up to weakly push at Hyunseung’s hand in a pathetic attempt to breath. He took pleasure in the rapidly paling face before him before he shoved Youngjae to the ground. “This is your last chance, Youngjae. Tell me where B.A.P escaped to, and I’ll let you live long enough to see their faces when they see that you sold them out yet again.”

Youngjae was slow to pick himself up from the ground, his muscles weak and protesting as he tried to steady himself, “ you.” He spat, his voice horse as he panted for air.

The last thing Youngjae saw was the sole of Hyunseung’s shoe before he hit the ground, unconscious once more.

“Hyunseung… Baby, what have I told you about playing with your food.”

Hyunseung grit his teeth, kicking Youngjae hard in the side before walking away. “ ‘Don’t’.” He said, flopping onto the couch. The click of heels followed after him before soft hands worked at his shoulders.

“Well, he’s already mentally unstable, I told you this last week. It will be nothing for  you to break him. You’ve cracked harder criminals than him.” She kissed his temple lightly. “You’ll find where B.A.P is hiding and you’ll be the one to bring them in this time. You’ll be seen as the best of the best...” she giggled softly, “Maybe they’ll even offer you Jieun’s job… we all know that you’re better than her anyways~”

Hyunseung chuckled, “Now now, Hyuna, let’s not get away with ourselves now… I need to break Mr. Yoo here first…” He let out a small sigh as he glared over at the unconscious blonde, “It’s going to be harder now though, with his friends breathing down my neck while they run about the place trying to find him…”

Hyuna nodded, resting her cheek on Hyunseung’s shoulder, “It’s going to be okay. They’ll forget about him eventually… he wasn’t important anyways, right?” She smiled, “Besides, you can easily convince everyone that Youngjae is the reason B.A.P has escaped, after all, they did brain wash him…”

 “That they did, Hyuna…” He tilted his head to look over at her, lightly kissing her on the lips, “You make all of this feel so easy.”

“That’s because it is, baby… just don’t have too much fun.”

Hyunseung smirked, “Who, me? Never.”

 


Okay, all of this tyness of this chapter aside, I sat around and screwed with it all day, and this is as good as its going to get.

In other news, I cut my own stitches out and refused to go to my follow up, maybe this wasn't the best idea, but I have literally nothing wrong with my healing so far and i really really don't want to go back to the dentist... So instead I took my little sister out to the doctor because she has tonsilitus (poor thing. I feel her pain.... I am so glad that I got my tonsils out already.)

Anyways... so today is what... the 19th, right?? yeah, okay, so I don't know if I'll be able to upload anything this coming week ((minus the next two days [tues/wed, because I'm off])), because my birthday is three days ((, , wait... no...... yeah, okay it is three days, god, where did time go???)) and I'm working straight threw till next week so I can have Thanksgiving off ((because... turkey.)).

... You know, I'll probably still upload on Friday or something because my family unit never does anything for my birthday anyways.... to close to the holidays, so I just kinda... ignore it... mum bought me an pillow top cover thing for my mattress so... presents already been given (like a month ago, i'm getting so old i was having back pain OTL). Maybe Mum will get me some sushi?? ... that'd be nice..... but she probably wont, look guys it's 3am and I'm going to end up staying up all night for the third night in a row, sorry for rambling.

As always, i hope you enjoyed the chapter (as ty as it was), and sorry for making you sit through this if you even read the a/n. OTL

Cuddles,
Lynn