Chapter 17

A Cracked Reflection

 

Daehyun pouted slightly as he leaned back against the bare couch, playing with the destroyed cork in his hands. Of course, as soon as Himchan had seen how drunk Daehyun and Youngjae already were, he insisted on dragging the rest of B.A.P into the room and forced them all into the blanket tent.

Although Himchan had tried his hardest to seem innocent, Daehyun could clearly see through other’s intentions as the black haired man took up a seat right next to brunette and made the other members join him in the middle.

Instead of getting to cuddle under the covers with his newest dongsaeng and talk about nothing in particular, Daehyun was forced to sit at the complete opposite of the crude pallet as he watched Youngjae laugh about some sort of joke that Jongup had told to him and Zelo. It was really annoying, how far Himchan was willing to take it to just be a total and complete block, even if Daehyun didn’t have any true intentions of taking it past just a simple kiss with the younger blonde. Even though Daehyun was semi-lost in thought over what could have been, he could still feel the gaze that was aimed in his direction.

Daehyun turned his head a little, matching Yongguk’s gaze as the elder raised an eyebrow in question. Silently replying to the unspoken question of “What’s wrong”, Daehyun shrugged his shoulders to signify the reply of “Nothing” before going back to picking at the that was in his hands, rolling the object between his fingers.

With a heavy sigh, Yongguk stretched out, “Aish, I totally forgot to check to make sure the anchor is out for the night… C’mon Daehyun.” He said, his acting completely terrible. Daehyun was sure that everyone (minus maybe the extremely drunk Youngjae) could pick up on the eldest terrible acting skills, but nobody questioned it.

The brunettes gaze snapped up to Yongguk. Despite knowing full well that Yongguk was finding a reason to get Daehyun on his own to probably talk with the younger, he couldn’t help but whine. “What? Why? I want to stay here!!”

“Nope, c’mon!” Yongguk said, climbing over Daehyun to exit the fort before reaching back in and dragging the protesting brunette out after him.

 

Daehyun crossed his arms tight against his chest as he pouted; watching as Yongguk ever so slowly went through the motions of checking to make sure the anchor was properly in place.

“Daehyun?”

The younger looked up as Yongguk finally addressed him. “Yeah, hyung?”

“I want you to answer me honestly. What is Youngjae to you?”

The confusion was clear in Daehyun’s face as he stared at Yongguk; he pulled his arms closer to him as he looked down at his feet, digging the toe of his shoe into the floor as he shrugged his shoulders, “Iunno…”

With a sigh, Yongguk walked over and put his arm over Daehyun’s shoulder as he lead him over to the top deck, pushing him down onto one of the deck chairs before sitting in the one next to him, “Daehyun, You’ve never allowed yourself to drink this much before… Himchan told me that he thought he interrupted you guys doing… something…”

Daehyun blushed darkly, “Don’t say it like that, hyung!” He cried out, hiding his face in his hands in embarrassment.

“So he did interrupt you two?”

“Ulgh!! Not like that, hyung!!” Daehyun peaked out through his fingers, staring at Yongguk before holding out his pinky to the elder, “Swear to me you will speak of this to no one.”

Yongguk locked pinkies with Daehyun, rolling his eyes, “Yeah, okay-“

“Bang Yongguk, I am serious!”

Raising an eyebrow at the use of his full name, Yongguk nodded, “Okay, I promise Daehyun.”

Daehyun pulled his hands back into his lap, “I was about to kiss him.” The silence Daehyun received in response only made the brunette’s cheeks burn a deep red, “I… I don’t know why, so don’t ask! It’s just… I wanted to welcome him to the family and… He’s always hanging out with Jongup and Zelo, so I haven’t really gotten to talk to him much since what happened the other week, and I just… I thought it would be a good idea to sit down and have a conversation with him and one thing led to another, and I told him about how you found me that day and…” Daehyun looked up at Yongguk, “He told me he was glad to have gotten to meet me and I… I don’t know… I just wanted to kiss him. And I still do!!” Burring his face in his hands again, Daehyun ran his finger up to thread into his hair, “Aish, I am so confused, hyung!”

The spot next to Daehyun dipped down a little as Yongguk moved over to sit next to him, putting his arm around the brunette’s shoulders, “Yeah, you are also really drunk, Dae…” He said, “Are you sure this is how you really feel, or is this just the alcohol speaking?”

“I don’t know, hyung.”

“Well… Have you wanted to kiss him before?”

“Y…yeah…” Daehyun’s voice was quiet as he pulled his feet up onto the edge of the chair, wrapping his arms around his legs as he pulled his knees to his chest. “When we got home after that incident… When he woke up… We were talking and… It just felt right, sitting there talking to him…” Daehyun let out a small, bitter laugh, “Then he called us friends…”

“Well, that’s good, isn’t it?”

Daehyun turned to look at Yongguk, “What? No! He called us friends, hyung! I’m still confused, and I got friend zoned before I could even figure anything out!”

Yongguk laughed lightly, ruffling Daehyun’s brunette hair, “I think you’re reading too far into it… Just… keep thinking through all of it…” His smile turned into the look that one usually associated with their parental figure, “But wait until you are sober, okay? I get that you feel a bit more confident right now, but… You’ll only end up regretting everything if you say anything while you’re drunk.”

Daehyun sighed, “Yeah… I get it, hyung…” he mumbled.

Before Yongguk could give him any helpful advice on how to approach the situation with a more sober mind, the loud sounds of people moving down the hallway that lead to the top deck echoed through the top deck.

“Aish! He’s heavy!”

“And you expected one of us to carry him, Channie hyung?”

“No, Zelo… just… open that door, okay?”

Yongguk and Zelo both looked up as the door opened up and the other four members trooped out onto the deck.

Or rather, Jongup and Zelo did. Himchan came out practically dragging his feet as he carried Youngjae’s dead weight on his back as the other slept on peacefully, unaware of his hyung’s struggles to carry his drunken .

“Guk… seriously, help me out here… “ Himchan panted, not complaining once as Daehyun hopped up instead to help him. He helped move the unconscious blonde from his back and into Daehyun’s arms. “Yah! Now, just go put him in one of the rooms so he can sleep… No doing anything to taint his innocence!” Himchan suddenly shouted as he watched Daehyun walk off with the still sleeping Youngjae. He looked to Yongguk, “Daehyun’s really drunk… was that safe?” he asked.

“Why wouldn’t it be safe, hyung?”

Himchan and Yongguk both turned to Zelo and Jongup, “It’s nothing!!” They shouted together, waving their hands wildly as to erase the hints of impure thoughts from the air.

 

Daehyun rolled his eyes as he continued through the hallway where the staterooms were located at, despite being quite a bit of ways away from the others, he could still hear Himchan trying to get Zelo and Jongup off the subject of what he had been implying that Daehyun would do to Youngjae.

Looking down to the sleeping figure curled up in his arms, he understood what Himchan was worried about though, but after his talk with Yongguk, Daehyun was positive even with how drunk he was, he was not going to ruin anything by rushing into unknown waters. Carefully, Daehyun opened the door to the room that Youngjae would be staying in while they were aboard the yacht and pushed it gently shut behind him with his foot as he crossed over to put Youngjae into the bed.

He tucked the covers around the younger carefully, smiling just a little before mumbling a soft “G’night” before turning to leave.

A loose grip around his wrist stopped him as Youngjae rolled over, his eyes barely open as he blinked sleepily up at Daehyun, “Hyung… stay…” he mumbled, his sleepy voice deeper than normal as he tried to roll over, tugging Daehyun back towards the bed.

With a sigh, Daehyun carefully sat at the edge of Youngjae’s bed, “What’s up, Jae?”

Pouting, Youngjae scooted over just a bit more before patting the now vacant spot next to him, with each blink, It was clear that Youngjae was losing the battle of staying awake, “Hyung…” he tried again, humming softly as he patted the spot again, growing too tired to lift his hand up from it.

 “You get some sleep, Youngjae—“ Daehyun let out a surprised grasp as Youngjae sat up, his eyes still barely open as he wrapped his arms around Daehyun and pulled him back into the bed, snuggling against the elder as he made himself comfortable, even going as far to toss a leg over the others lower body.

“Night hyung…” Youngjae whispered, a yawn over taking his voice as he drifted back off to sleep.

Daehyun’s heart thudded in his chest, making him almost positive that the sound would wake Youngjae back up. He could feel the others slow, even breaths on his neck as Youngjae’s grip never loosed. Deciding that it really couldn’t be helped, Daehyun found the edges of the blanket and pulled it up and over their bodies to the best of his ability as he twisted in Youngjae’s hold, making himself more comfortable next to the younger as he let his eyes drift closed, “Night, Youngjae…” he whispered, scooting forward to ever so gently kissing the others cheek, his lips just barely touching the smooth skin.

Daehyun had to hold in the sudden giggle that welled up in his chest as a huge, stupid grin took over his features. He put his arm over Youngjae’s waist, pulling the younger just a bit closer before allowing himself to drift off into the dream land.


 

Oooo, the DaeJae feels. We have more insite to the drunking musings of Daehyun, plus some BangDae interaction kekeke.

I wrote another oneshot, this time a DaeJong called "Hidden Behind a Mask" . I really enjoyed writting it, but... not many people actually seemed to... you know, comment on it... Is DaeJong not as popular as HimUp/JongLo? 

None the less, I hope you guys are liking the story thus far... I'm going to be focusing now on building the DaeJae relationship, but just so you know, within the next few chapters, more B.A.P things will be revealed, so... stay tuned! And just so you know... In this fic, Himchan will be infact, a huge like... all of the time. Sorry in advanced about that. 

It's 12.51am here... I'm starting to notice a pattern, guys. XD Sorry as always for any typos.

 

Cuddles,

Lynn

 

PS; Out of Bang / Channie / Jongup / Zelo which backstory are you guys most intersted in finding out?