Chapter 22

A Cracked Reflection

 

Youngjae winced as he sat up from the reclined chair, pulling down the back of his shirt as he hid away the gauze covered tattoo, his skin still prickling with numbness and pain.

“C’mon Jae! I’m hungry!!” Daehyun whined as he stood by the door.

Junhyung laughed as he cleaned up his work area, “Still only thinking about that stomach of yours, I see…” he said with a light shake of his head, “I don’t even want to imagine how you even managed to live so long on the streets, Dae.” He turned to Youngjae, “No, make sure you keep lotion or cream on it at night, and during the day if it starts to itch to bad, not too much though, or the scabs will sort of swell up and fall off, and you don’t want them to come off until the ink has properly set it. Also, don’t scratch at it… Not only will it pull off the scab and the ink, but, it’ll hurt like a s.o.b too.” He grinned, patting Youngjae’s shoulder, “It’s been pleasant meeting you… next time bring me a coke, got it?”

Youngjae grinned just a little, shaking Junhyung’s hand briefly before Daehyun grabbed his free hand and began to drag him to the door.

“Please, Jae! I’m like… really starving.”

“Yeah, yeah, let’s go find the others now, Daehyun hyung.” Youngjae said with a bright smile as he fell into step with Daehyun.

 

It hadn’t taken the two long to find the other members as they ran around the nearby playground like a bunch of overgrown children. They had rushed over instantly to find the duo, Zelo asking where Youngjae had chosen to get his tattoo as Jongup asked whether or not he had actually gone with the yellow. Youngjae merely smiled at them, “It’s a surprise! You have to wait until it heals to see it!” He looked over to make eye contact with Daehyun, “And you can’t spoil the surprise!”

Daehyun made a zipping motion across his lips, locking them at the end before adding, “You’re secret is safe with me…” as Zelo whined about just wanting to know where the tattoo was at least at.

The boat ride back to Korea had been normal, pleasant and amazing in Youngjae’s opinion. He should have known in that moment that it would never last forever. After all, surely this gang couldn’t have gotten the large amounts of street credits by just sitting around and playing video games and baking cakes. No, there had to be something more and unfortunately, it decided to rear its ugly head just as the members of B.A.P were beginning to get settled back into the cozy hideout.

Zelo was laying upside down on the couch, his legs hanging over the back end and his head hanging upside down from the edge of the seat as he watched TV, his eyes focused on the image. Youngjae had been watching the drama too, but was now watching the maknae, stifling giggles as he watched the pale skin slowly turn a few shades redder as the blood sure enough continued to rush to his head. Jongup was sprawled out on the floor, laying on his stomach as he played around with a game on his handheld.

Daehyun wasn’t too far away either, sitting at the table reading over some papers that Youngjae didn’t really know much about as he ate.

To say the least, the hideout was quiet, peaceful and calm.

The comfortable silence shattered as a door was thrown open down the hallway, slamming shut so loudly that Youngjae was positive something was broken.

“It is my decision too, thank you very much, Bang. And I am putting my foot down on this.”

“And who the hell told you that you could put your foot down on something like this. You are being stupid; get that through your pretty little skull so we can actually figure this out!”

“You are being an insufferably jackass, Bang!”

“And you are being a completely over bearing and nagging diva, Channie!” Yongguk shouted back.

Everything seemed to freeze in the main room as they all looked up slowly as Himchan stormed through the room, Yongguk on his heels as they continued to share bitter words, their voice growing in volume.

Zelo kicked his legs over top of him, moving so that he was sitting upright now and watched Yongguk and Himchan with wide eyes from over the edge of the couch, glancing down to share a confused look with Jongup as the brown haired boy moved to sit closer to the couch where Zelo and Youngjae sat.

Daehyun was the only on that didn’t seem completely surprised by the co-leaders outbursts, instead, he calmly put down the sheet of paper that he had been reading over and watched them with a neutral expression. “It’s seven against six, Himchan hyung.” He said slowly, holding up his hand as the raven haired male turned to him with a sharp glare and a sharper retort on his tongue. “Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t like this anymore then you do, but… Would you rather it is seven on three?”

Yongguk looked a bit angry, “There is no way in hell we are going in an odd number…” He said, “Himchan is just being stupid.”

“There is no way that we are taking them out into this!” Himchan cried, throwing up his hands as he turned back to Yongguk, “We can’t risk it… not this time.”

“Hyung, what’s going on?” Zelo asked quietly.

Daehyun watched as Himchan and Yongguk continued to have a glare down, their eyes never leaving each other as they silently continued their arguments. He sighed softly, “It’s just another one of the local gangs, trying to move into territory that we already established as our own…”

“Then just kick them out…” Youngjae said, raising an eyebrow as Daehyun simply shook his head.

“It’s not that simple, Jae… They sent notice… They want to fight for the area. We’ve dealt with them in the past, but… Yoseob was able to talk them into moving…”

“Are you sure that it’s even the same group… I thought they had moved to America to check out the activity over there…”

Daehyun nodded, “Yeah, they had… but, they’re back.”

Youngjae pursed his lips, “Well, if you and Yongguk hyung, and Daehyun hyung are going to talk with them… I’m going to, Himchan hyung.” He offered a light smile, “After all, like Yongguk hyung said… You can’t go in an uneven number. Who’d watch your back?”

“Well, if you guys are going, me and Uppie hyung want to go!” Zelo said, sitting up straighter, “You do this every time, Channie hyung.”

Jongup nodded quickly, “Me and Zelo are tougher then you guys give us credit for!”

“Safety in numbers, hyung.” Daehyun said, smirking lightly, as Himchan ran his hands through his hair, tugging at his slightly.

“You five will be the death of me.” He growled, turning to Jongup and Zelo, “Just this once, but I swear, if you are told to run, you had better listen.” Himchan turned back to Daehyun, “Stop stuffing your face and finish gathering the information we need. I want to know every square inch of the area, where they could be hiding, which areas serve as vantage points, anywhere that they could have an ambush set up. I want to know anything you can get on them. Even if you have to call in some of your contacts, I want to know exactly what we are walking in on before we get there.” Himchan pointed to Jongup and Zelo, “You two go gear up, take Youngjae with you. And, Bang, me and you need to have a few words.” Himchan grabbed Yongguk’s arm, dragging him from the room as the others hopped up to set to work on the given tasks.

Daehyun was already on a cell phone, heading to the stairs in the back side of the room as he began to speak quickly into the phone.

Jongup and Zelo immediately hopped up, pulling Youngjae with them.

“You know... I’m starting to understand why you call Himchan the General. It really is like he’s commanding an army.”

Jongup nodded, “Wait until you see him in action…”

“It’s his eyes…” Zelo said, receiving mirrored nods of agreement from Jongup and Youngjae.

 

Youngjae’s mind was reeling, trying to process every ounce of new information as it came his way. After all of the training he had received in that single day at the task force… this was it. This was when it would all matter and truthfully, Youngjae was terrified.

He wasn’t quite paying attention anymore as they moved closer in on the location, who could blame him. The other members were counting on him to have their back, and all Youngjae had was a switch blade that he technically didn’t even know how to use properly. In terms that even a 10 year old would understand.

Youngjae was screwed.

But, now was not the time to dwell on it, he reminded himself as he followed the other members. Everything was grimy and different and Youngjae felt like his nerves were right on the edge of ‘be cool’ and ‘panic’. He wanted to choose the former, knowing that they needed him to be at his 100%, like his file had claimed he was. Youngjae subconsciously drifted a little closer to Daehyun as they neared the abandoned warehouse, the doors stood wide open, the darkness inside only broken up by the flicker of what could only be described as a fire.

“Guys, I want you to stay alert in here, okay… I don’t know what they are planning, but… whatever it is, it can’t be good.” Himchan whispered as they drew closer to the warehouse, soon entering it and standing in just far enough to allow their vision to adjust to the semi darkness.

Yongguk rested his baseball bat against his shoulder, glaring around as he tried to see any movement. “We’re here on behalf of B.A.P…” He called into the darkness.

“‘On behalf’ my … The leaders were supposed to come… alone for that matter.” A blonde guy stepped from the darkness, his eyes narrowed in a dislike as he scrutinized B.A.P.

“Aww, well to bad.” Himchan said, “U-Kiss isn’t big enough on their radar to even consider thinking about seeing you guys.”

The blonde stepped forward with a snarl before a hand landed on his shoulder, “Hoon.” The voice was soft as the blonde turned slowly. He shook his head, brushing off the other male with a quick, “What ever.”

“Soohyun… I see the States treated you well…” Himchan said with a small smirk as the brunette cut him a glare. “Now, I’m sure that you didn’t just send an invite to B.A.P just to let us know that you guys have made it back to Korea…”

“You’re right, we didn’t…” Soohyun said as he crossed his arms. “I see that we’re not the only one with the lineup change though…” he said, his eyes flicking over to where Youngjae and Daehyun stood. He smiled a little, “I guess though, with what happened with that undercover cop you guys let into your ranks…”

Youngjae could hear the faint growl before his hand shot out, grabbing a hold of Daehyun’s wrist before the brunette could spring forward and attack Soohyun. “He’s baiting us…” he whispered. He’d seen too many cops come back with far more injuries then they needed for falling for the simplest of baits. Youngjae’s eyes darted around the room, searching the shadows for the hidden members of U-Kiss.

“Can we just get this over with so we can get to claiming back our territory already?”

“Eli, hold your tongue.” He growled, eyes snapping to the figure that was leaned back against the far wall. He rubbed at the bridge of his nose, looking back to B.A.P. “We were informed on the underground that B.A.P was looking to let go of this territory, and we were looking to acquire it back.”

“So you can put the bat away, mister.” The newest voice was lighter than the others, the slightly effeminate boy stood with his arms crossed and his hip slightly cocked to the side.

Soohyun nodded, “Kevin is right… We’re not here to cause any problems. After all, this was our turf before we moved.”

“And we won it fair and square when you guys left.” Zelo said quickly, a defiant look in his eyes.

“So, technically, you’re trespassing right now.” Yongguk added, letting his bat slip off his shoulder and smacking it into his palm.

“What the hell… First you put out a notice that you’re giving up some of your area, and now you’re acting like you want it?”

“AJ!”

“What! If we hadn’t had gotten here first, I might have begun to think this was a setup… What?” AJ snapped as Himchan rose up his hand, index finger up in the universal ‘hold on a minute’ gesture.

“We never agreed to give up any of our territory.” Himchan said slowly, “Where did you guys even hear this?”

“Kiseop?” Soohyun turned looking back at another one of the members.

“An informant on the underground… claimed to be one of yours…”

Himchan looked back at Yongguk, his eyes wide before he looked to Jongup and Zelo, “I want you two out of here now.”

Yongguk let the bat hang at his side as he took a step forward, “Soohyun, we all need to go now… B.A.P hasn’t put out anything on the underground; we’ve been training new members.”

“Then who could have—“

“SHH!” Youngjae stepped forward, his eyes wide.

The two gangs fell into a lapse of silence, the air heavy and oppressive around them.

‘tick … tick … tick…’

Soohyun made eye contact with Yongguk, both ready to tell their respective families to get out of there when the explosion hit. The ground shook beneath them with a feirce rumble, the concrete cracking as the roof gave way.

 

 

“Is it done?”

“Yes.”

“Are any of them still alive?”

“We can’t be sure about that until the smoke clears.”

“… Don’t take any chances, blow the secondary one.”

“Yes sir.”

The man in the shadows looked up, examining the monitors that were laid out in front of him, the pictures long since having turned to the static snow when the first explosion had knocked out all of the feeds. A smile crossed his lips as he leaned back in his chair, “It won’t be too much longer now… Then we will be on top.” He said softly, a light laugh escaping him as the shockwave from the nearby explosion shook at the windows. “Not too much longer at all.”


THIS IS GOING TO BE A DOUBLE UPDATE.

Because holy monkey balls... Six pages, guys, and I still had more (I just didn't want everything thrown into one chapter)

Like, seriously. Lot's of action.

I want to know~ Who do you think the shadowy figures at the end are~