Chapter 6

A Cracked Reflection

“Is he dead, Jongup hyung?”

“If he is, then it’s all Daehyun hyung’s fault.”

“Would both of you just shut up and move out of the way… He’s heavy!”

 

Youngjae was vaguely aware of the voices surrounding him, his mind hazed with whatever they had used to knock him into the darkness of unconsciousness. He bit back the grunt of slight uncomfortable pain as his weight was shifted, causing the shoulder of whom ever was carrying him to dig farther into his stomach. Had he been more conscious and not as fearful for his life, he probably would have complained about the ‘heavy’ comment.

But unfortunately, he was neither of those at the moment, so he settled for letting his body remain slack and worked on mentally waking himself up the rest of the way.

“Hyung. Where do I put him?”

“Daehyun, I can hear you will that god forsaken mask over your mouth, speak up!” A rather deep, raspy sort of voice replied.

His weight was shifted again, and (who he assumed to be) Daehyun spoke again, his voice much less muffled, “I asked where you wanted me to put him.” Without the mask to muffle his voice, Youngjae could make out the clear undertones of a foreign dialect. Busan, maybe?

Youngjae wasn’t given much time to dwell on it as Daehyun suddenly dumped him from the fireman’s carry and onto what Youngjae assumed was a couch. He let his body flop to the side, still feigning unconsciousness.

“Zelo, I want you and Jongup to go hang out in your room, okay?”

“But, Hyung-“

“No arguments, Zelo. Not until we are sure it’s… safe.”

“What about me, Channie hyung! I went with Dae hyung… can’t I stay-“

“What did I just say?”

“Yes sir!” The two said together, hurrying out of the room and letting the door fall shut loudly behind them.

“Did you let Yongguk know you and Jongup made it back, Daehyun?”

“Well, no… I mean… I had to drag him up here and-“ The once more muffled voice was cut off.

“Go let him know you’re back okay, He’ll worry otherwise.” Unlike Zelo and Jongup, this Daehyun guy went without much of an argument, letting the door close much softer than the other two had.

Youngjae strained his ears, trying to hear where the raspy voiced male was at in the room, but alas, all was silent for several minutes. The tension was making Youngjae’s heart pound, his blood rushing in his ears as he longed to just open his eyes and look around.

“I know you are awake, Yoo Youngjae.”

Busted.

Youngjae cracked open one eye, looking up at the male that was sitting on the couch opposite of the one he was laying on. He sat up, straightening his hair with his fingers as he took in his surroundings from the multiple seating areas crammed into the room to the pale beige walls and soft lighting. He then turned his attention to the guy once more, a bit startled to find the onyx eyes staring straight back into his own. There was something honestly frightening about the intense burn in those dark orbs, and Youngjae had the sudden feeling that this guy had some sort of super ability to read minds with just that one stair.

“The name is Himchan by the way. And I am older then you, so I expect respect.”

“Respect is earned, not given.” Youngjae mumbled, looking away from Himchan.

You just need to be yourself.’ Is what Jieun had told him, but, somehow, Youngjae knew being himself wouldn’t be enough in these sort of situations, he was naturally too passive. If he had the reputation of a gang member, then he damn well was going to act like one.

The sudden laugh caught Youngjae by surprise though as Himchan leaned back in his seat, covering his mouth partially before pointing at Youngjae, “I like you already, kid.” He grinned, sitting back up and resting his elbows on his knees as he watched Youngjae, “I’m not going to lie to you, we read your file. And, well, the Boss likes what he saw in it.”

It was silent as Youngjae continued to stare at Himchan, raising his eyebrow in hopes the elder would get the hint to just continue.

With a frustrated huff, Himchan rolled his eyes, “Oh, c’mon, you must know where this is going. We need another member, and you fit the bill.” He stared at Youngjae for a while longer, “Really… you seriously don’t…” He rubbed at his temples, “Kids now days.” He grumbled before looking back to Youngjae, “You are being recruited into B.A.P.”

Youngjae’s silent stare faltered a bit. Had it seriously been that easy to get into B.A.P? Jieun had told him that the agency had been working on a project for the past year that would land and undercover agent right into the heart of the feared gang, but… he had expected a bit more work from his end.

Then again, he had seen too many agents come back hurt after rushing into situations like this. “Prove that you are actually in B.A.P and I might agree to listen to how this will benefit me.” The words flowed easily from Youngjae’s mouth, surprising both him and Himchan alike.

“Wow, you’ve got some balls kid.” Himchan said with a smirk before opening up his black jacket and pulling down on the collar of his shirt to expose the milky, flawless skin usually hidden beneath the layers. The infamous black and white, masked rabbit tattoo stood out sharply against his skin, located near his shoulder, right beneath his collar bone. The only difference about the infamous tattoo was the fact that the mask had hits of pink instead of the rumored pure black and white coloring.

So of course, stupidly, Youngjae had to point out, “It’s pink.”

Himchan rolled his eyes, “Yes, it is.” He said, adjusting his shirt back into place as he zipped up his jacket once more. “I happen to like the color I chose for mine, thank you very much.” He said, “So is that enough proof for you?”

“For now.” Youngjae shrugged, “You still haven’t told me how it will benefit me.”

“Aside from being able to have anything and everything you could ever dream of, including a plethora of girls that will be just ready to throw themselves at your feet and worship the very ground you walk on. You’ll also be under some of the best protection in the world.”

“Who says I need protection?”

“Everyone does, Youngjae.” Himchan smiled softly, “Look, contrary to popular belief and any of the rumors that you may have heard about us… We aren’t bad people.”

“There are a lot of rumors out there for me to just forget because you say ‘you aren’t bad people’.” Youngjae said seriously, raising his hands for the air quotes.

“You are right… but, you’ll never know unless you give us a chance.”

“By us you mean…?”

“I can’t tell you how many are in charge here, not until you are accepted by all. Just know it’ll be a while before you meet Bang and the General.”

“Guessing those are the guys in charge?”

Himchan nodded, “Yeah, last guy we tried to bring into our ranks pulled a gun just before he was supposed to meet them… turns out he was some undercover cop.”

Youngjae could feel his blood run cold, hoping that Himchan didn’t take any notice to the flicker of nervousness in his expression before he schooled it back into his previous, semi blank stare.

“Enough about him though, what do you say, Youngjae… want to give it a shot?”

Youngjae shrugged, trying to act nonchalant about it, “I guess… I don’t have much else to do anyways, could be fun.”

Himchan laughed before getting up and motioning for Youngjae to do the same, “That’s the spirit. Let’s go introduce you to some of the others, okay?”

Youngjae was surprised at how easy it was turning out to be. He didn’t even have to hunt down B.A.P himself, they came to him. Maybe Jieun was right about this mission; maybe just being himself would be enough to get in far enough to actually succeed.


Guys, I'm to sleepy to actually proofread this, and to be completely honest, it hurt to type it all (only because my pabo of a self sliced open my finger on a tuna can earlier and it still hurts (because i bleed like there is no tomorrow appartently)). Sorry that it took me so long compared to the first few chapters. We have inventory, a District Manager inspection and a company instection coming up this week so... I had to clean the store from top to bottom (yay =__=). Let's get the ball rolling again though, shall we?

Please don't forget to comment, i read and reply to every one of them you know! And upvote if you like it... I've never really been one to ask for this sort of stuff, but... I have a huge desire to promote this fic; maybe even get it featured... if any of you guys know how to promote a fic to get it to a wider audience, please... drop me a line!

I love all of you!

Cuddles,

Lynn (who has fallen asleep twice merely writting just the a/n)