Chapter 8

Staring from afar.

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun hailed a cab and Woohyun told the cab driver to head to town. Sunggyu’s eyes opened wide and asked Woohyun why they were heading to town but Woohyun just smiled and asked Sunggyu to keep quiet. Woohyun took out his ipod from his pocket and shared his ear piece with Sunggyu. Sunggyu looked out the window and looked at the scenery. Woohyun looked at Sunggyu and smiled. “He seriously does look beautiful.” Woohyun thought to himself and hold Sunggyu’s hands. Sunggyu turned to look at Woohyun and smiled and interlace their fingers.  Finally they reached town and Woohyun paid for their cab fare and Woohyun took Sunggyu’s hand again and dragged him yet again to a huge spectacle shop, and when I say huge I literally mean huge. Woohyun push the huge glass door and went it and the workers at the counters bowed and greeted them. “Hello, Mr Nam Woohyun welcome again to our shop, what can we do for you today?” one of the workers asked politely. Sunggyu was like being dragged around as he was looking at the interior of the shop. “Woohyun ah, this spectacle shop is huge!” Woohyun just chuckled and patted Sunggyu’s cheek. “Come on Sunggyu sit here, we are going to choose your new glasses.” Sunggyu obediently went and sat beside Woohyun. Woohyun asked if he could look at different frames while Sunggyu left for a while to check his eyes. After a few minutes, he came back and sat beside Woohyun again. “So what do you think among this 3 frames that I chose for you?” Woohyun asked Sunggyu to choose among the 3 frames. A sky blue frame, a dark blue lighting pattern frame and a simple red and black frame. Sunggyu picked the sky blue frame and the worker went to write a receipt for the collection of the glasses and also for payment. Sunggyu looked at the receipt and got a shock of his life, “Woohyun $500 just for new glasses? Isn’t that too much?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun shook his head and out of nowhere took out a box for contact lens. “I bought this for you too. Don’t worry I’ll teach you how to use it alright. You have beautiful eyes so this can help show everyone how beautiful your eyes really are.” Woohyun smiled and gave a peck on Sunggyu cheek. “Mr Nam Woohyun, you and your friend can collect the glasses 2 days later.”Woohyun paid for the glasses and the worker bowed and thanked the 2 boys and they left with a box of contact lens in grasp. Before going home, Woohyun and Sunggyu dropped by Starbucks to get some coffee. Woohyun went to get their orders while Sunggyu sat at the table fiddling with the contact lens box. Few minutes after Woohyun came with an order of Ice Caramel Macchiato for Sunggyu and an order of Caramel Frappuccino for himself.   He sat down and Woohyun just looked at Sunggyu. “So gyu ah, we are going to hang out in school from tomorrow onwards alright.” Sunggyu nodded and smiled. Both of them drank their drink quietly and just staring at each other. Woohyun was looking at every single one of Sunggyu feature that he likes, from Sunggyu eyes to his lip and suddenly Sunggyu asked Woohyun a question and from there a conversation started and Woohyun realised that Sunggyu had a slight lisp when he talks. Woohyun laughed at himself when he noticed it. “Your lisp in cute gyu ah.” Sunggyu pouted. “That is one reason why I prefer not to talk. I used to get teased cause of my lisp in elementary school.” Woohyun laughed even more. “It’s not funny Woohyun ah!” Sunggyu whined. Sunggyu got angry and stood up to leave. Woohyun apologized and asked Sunggyu to seat down and calm down. “Come on gyu ah, lighten up abit. Your lisp is actually adorable.” Woohyun smiled and chuckled again. He cupped Sunggyu’s cheeks and the sides. “You’re beautiful the way you are gyu ah.” After finishing their drinks, the both took the bus back to Sunggyu’s house.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Upon reaching the house, a strong smell of chicken can be smelt from the door step. Sunggyu opened the door to find his family in the dining room getting ready for dinner. “Gyu gyu dear your back?” Sunggyu’s mother’s voice was heard from the kitchen. Woohyun laughed at the nickname. Sunggyu scoffed and hit Woohyun on the arm. “Oh I see you have a friend here.” Woohyun greeted Mrs Kim and bowed. “Hello my name is Nam Woohyun, I’m Sunggyu’s friend from school.” “Well Hello there Woohyun, Nice to meet you, I’m Mrs Kim, Sunggyu’s mum. Would you like to stay for dinner?” Woohyun declined the offer but after being pestered by Sunggyu mother he finally said yes and joined Sunggyu’s family for dinner. “Sunggyu you didn’t tell me that you made a friend?” Sunggyu just kept quiet. “Well Mrs Kim, I just really gotten to know Sunggyu just a few weeks back so yeah.” Woohyun answered and gave Mrs Kim the most charming smile ever. “Mrs Kim, I had bought Sunggyu a new pair of glasses just for information and I’ve paid for it so doesn’t worry about it.” Sunggyu’s mother was thankful to Woohyun and gave him an extra helping of Chicken. Finally dinner was over and Woohyun offered to do the dishes with Sunggyu. “Your mother is such a nice woman gyu ah and if you don’t mind me asking where is your dad?” “Oh my dad went off for a business trip again.” Sunggyu frowned and Woohyun gave him a kiss on the cheek to cheer him up. After helping out with the dishes, Woohyun thanked Mrs Kim for having him for dinner and Sunggyu sent him off. “So I’ll see you in school tomorrow?” Sunggyu nodded and Woohyun gave him a kiss. Sunggyu blushed and gave Woohyun a tight hug. “Have a safe journey home. Call me when you reach home.” And with that Sunggyu gave his number to Woohyun and he left. As Sunggyu entered the house, he saw his brother and his mum standing in front of him. “So Sungjong tells me that he is your crush and that you might be going out.” Sunggyu’s mother wiggled her eyebrows. “Mum! Come on, don’t do this to me.” Sunggyu whined. “Oh come on Sunggyu ah, He is such a nice boy and I want to know more about him. He might even be my future son-in-law.” Sunggyu’s mum whined back. Sunggyu just laughed and they went to the living room and Sunggyu told his mother and Sungjong everything.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

“Ah! Myungsoo ah! Stop it, it tickles! Stop it! Stop it! Stop! YAY! KIM MYUNGSOO STOP IT!” Sungyeol’s screams were heard as Myungsoo was tickling him till no end. “Boys, both of you better keep it quiet!” screamed Sungyeol ‘s mum from downstairs. “Sorry Mrs Lee, I’ll try and keep it quiet.” Myungsoo shouted back but still continued tickling Sungyeol. “Aish these boys are so noisy but I can’t help not having them at home, it would be too quiet.” Sungyeol mother talked to herself. Mrs Lee has been taking care of Myungsoo since his parents died 5 years ago and when the boys had opportunities to go off to the states to study, she quickly allowed them to go off.  For 5 years, she has been a mother figure to Myungsoo but Myungsoo didn’t call her mum and it’s ok as she knows that Myungsoo still loves his mother and that she is just happy that Myungsoo listens and care for her like how she listens and care for him. “Boys dinner! And your dad will be home soon! So hurry!” In a flash bother boys were downstairs at the dining table and soon Sungyeol’s father reached home. The family had dinner and chatted among themselves. After dinner the boys thanked their parents for the food and went back to their room. Even though they have been living together for 5 years, the 2 boys only really gotten close while they were studying in the states for that few months.  “Hey yeollie ah, let’s do our homework, we need to catch up on some stuff you know.” Myungsoo asked Sungyeol while shaking him. Sungyeol whined and disagree with that statement. “I don’t want to study. I want to sleep. Sleep with me Myung ah~” Sungyeol tried to do aegyo but Myungsoo just rolled his eyes and went to the study table and grabbed his physics book. “How about we sit together and revise physics?” Sungyeol whined but agreed. Sungyeol sat in between Myungsoo’s legs and rested his head on myungsoo’s chest. Myungsoo read the book while Sungyeol highlighted the important parts and information. Soon both of the boys fell asleep and cuddling each other. After a while, Sungyeol’s mother came in and saw the both in their state of sleep and took a blanket and covered the boys and gave them each a kiss on the forehead. She then took the physics book and highlighter off their grasp and placed it on the side table. Sungyeol mum knows, she knows how much the boys love each other, more than friend and more than best friends. She knows her boys too well. She thinks as long as both of them are happy, she is happy for them. 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but i have a huge up coming exam that i need to study for so imma only update in June, it will be a long wait but i'll try and write a long chapter then alright. So hope you enjoy this chapter and read, comment and subscribe and ENJOY! :D