Chapter 34

Staring from afar.

A week later in the late morning, the whole gang already receive their letters from their separate universities and they all had gathered at a new yoghurt shop that just opened in the mall to open all their acceptance letters together. “So guys, we have had our letters for a while now so let’s open it.” Everyone eagerly rip open their letter and they were all so into reading their letters and Sunggyu looked up first. “I got accepted.” Sunggyu stared at the letter with his hands shaking. One after another they cheered and congratulate each other for getting accepted into their choice of universities but there was one person that kept quiet. “Woohyun what’s wrong?” Sunggyu looked at Woohyun with worried eyes. Woohyun shook his head and smiled. “Did you get accepted?” Woohyun just smiled but Sunggyu wasn’t convinced and he snatched the acceptance letter from Woohyun’s grip. “Sunggyu No….” Sunggyu looked to Woohyun and he gripped the letter tight his hands. “How can this be? Why didn’t they accept you?” Everyone stopped their cheering and stared at the now furious Sunggyu. “You are talented, you’re the captain of the soccer team, your grades were fantastic and you are just so so…” tears slowly trickled down Sunggyu’s face. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu into a hug. ‘You work so hard to get good grades and you did so well. Why didn’t they accept you?” Everyone tried to comfort the crying Sunggyu. “Its ok gyu, Woohyun can apply for other universities too. Its not too late.” Sungyeol try to console his best friend. ‘BUT I WANT WOOHYUN TO BE BESIDE ME!” Sunggyu shouted and suddenly dashed out of the yoghurt shop.

“Congrats guys for getting accepted, I’m going to chase after Sunggyu now. Bye.” Woohyun excused himself and quickly ran after Sunggyu. Woohyun searched everywhere for his boyfriend but to no avail. He gave up and looking for Sunggyu and decided to walk to the park near the mall when he realised that Sunggyu might be at the park. Sunggyu will always go to the park when he wants to calm himself. Woohyun ran as fast as his leg could carry him. When he arrived, he saw Sunggyu sitting at one of the benches staring into space. Woohyun walked up to him, “hey baby. You ok?” Sunggyu looked up and scooted to the side to let Woohyun sit. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu closer to him. “Why aren’t you upset?” Woohyun shrugged and just kept quiet. “Don’t you want to be in the same school with me?” Woohyun looked to Sunggyu and lifted his chin up to look directly into his eyes. “Of course I do. Why would you ever doubt that? Sunggyu, Seoul National University does have a soccer team but they major in design and music. I guess it’s because I didn’t put singing or music as my talent or something that I’m good at and I didn’t take music and design classes like you did and I guess that is why they didn’t choose me?” Sunggyu stared at Woohyun. “That would be a stupid reason.” Sunggyu retorted. Sunggyu leaned onto Woohyun and asked what was he going to do now. Woohyun just said that he was going to try other universities in town and see if they would accept him.

After Woohyun send Sunggyu home, Woohyun took the cordless phone into his room and sat on his bed and dialled some numbers. “Hello, Is the Seoul National University’s administration centre?” After a good 20 minutes on the phone, “Yes, tomorrow at 9am. Yes I will. Thank you very much.” Woohyun put the phone down and clutch his hands together. “Oh god, please help me get through this.” He prayed.

The next morning, Woohyun woke up at 7am. He got ready, wore his best clothes and did his hair nicely and packed his certificates and portfolio and left the house with only his bagpack and a strawberry milk carton in his hand. After a quite endering bus journey, Woohyun stepped out of the bus and walked a few metres to come face to face with the gates of Seoul National University. Woohyun made his way to the administration building, his palms sweating. He finally came to the administration office and made his way to counter. He informed the office clerk why he was there and he was asked to wait for w few minutes. After good few minutes, the clerk brought him to a room and told him to go in. Woohyun carefully knocked on the door and came face to face with 3 faces which formed a panel. He bowed in respect and took a seat infront of them. ‘Good Morning, My name is Nam Woohyun and I called yesterday to ask for you to reconsider my applications.” A man in a grey suit with round spectecles looked up and nodded.” Woohyun fished for his portfolio from his bagpack and bought it infront of them. “As you can see, the reason why we didn’t accept you is that in your application, it does not state that you have any design or music background even though you do excel in your studies and you do extra cucicular activities. This university major in design and music and your application just don’t cut it.” The man informed Woohyun strictly. Woohyun nodded, “I would like to change the application and I would like for all of you to give me a chance to show you what I’ve got.” The 3 of them nodded and Woohyun cleared his throat and back a new step. The room suddenly was echoing a beautiful voice. Woohyun was singing. His smooth, melodious voice boucing off the walls, echoing the enclosed room. He sang his heart out, belting note after note and finally ending it with a high note and finally ended the song. The 3 people infront of him looked at him in amazement. “I wrote the song that I had just sung. If you would like I could show you my work.” Woohyun promted them. The nodded their heads and Woohyun showed them the many songs he had written and composed. “Boy, why didn’t you put this in your application?” one of the ladies from the panel question him. “I didn’t really think I would need it. Composing and singing is just a past time.” “Then why did you do all this now?” “I guess I did this because I really wanted to and I wanted to make the one I love happy.” Woohyun replied. The panel told Woohyun that they will e-mail him the confirmation letter in 2 days time of their decision. Woohyun bowed and thank the panel before leaving the university.

A/N: Hey guys, the next chapter is the last chapter and it will be up sometime soon, tomorrow or maybe the day after that? I hope you guys will read until the finish. Comment kay ^^ Love you.