Explanation

I'll show you (Get ing ready)

Okay, so many of you guys were confused about the ending.

There will be two endings because of the poll, version A (the happy/crack ending) and version B (twist).

Because I finished version B first, I decided to just put that one out there so that you wouldn't have to wait so long for an ending.

Moving on verson B.

Yes, Zelo was never awake from the start, when the 3 meet in a cafe.

That's when he is first charged into the hospital, Youngjae and Himchan being the people taking care of him.

Surgeon Kibum (or Key) comes next, and on and on.

People in comas can hear and dream, almost like creating a parallel existence while they are sleeping.

Zelo, on the other hand, was in a permanent vegetative state. 

That means that he is definitely not waking up.

It's not medically correct (for a person in PVS to dream and do things like people in a coma might do) but I just made it so that he could dream (it's a fic okay sob don't shoot me pls).

Anyway, he heard the medical staff's names while he was sleeping, which incorporated itself into his "dream".

It's a complete coincidence that Yongguk (the nurse with the same name as his bully) becomes Zelo's nurse.

Because Yongguk (nurse) is the one that has to take care of him, Zelo falls in love with Yongguk's character, mixing Yongguk (nurse) with the Yongguk (bully) in his dream. (this also suggests that Zelo was in love with his bully. He loves the bully, but the nurse is the one that accepts him/takes care of him)

The other people in his story are other patients that come and go.

The entire story comes from what he hears/experiences while he is sleeping. (and from his imagination/subconscious, since it is literally his own dream world)

Yeah. 

It all depends on how you want to interpret it though lol it's a fic anything can happen

Sorry for those who wanted the happy/crack ending first, but that will be out soon.

Thanks for reading!