18

I'll show you (Get ing ready)

Yongguk got up the next morning with a pounding headache.

He rolled over and came face to face with Zelo.

He was way too close, he was within kissing distance.

If he wanted to, he could have simply puckered his lips and they would have touched.

That's how close they were.

Yongguk was tempted to, he really was.

But then, he was hit with a mindblowing wave of nausea.

He scrambled out of bed as silently as he could and tried several different doors before finally worshipping the toilet.

Youngjae sleepily poked his head in.

He called to Himchan softly.

"Himchan... He's awake... And he's vomiting."

Himchan sprung up in an instant.

"THAT BETTER NOT HAVE BARFED ON MY CARPET AND COSMETICS! THAT IS EXPENSIVE. AND THROW UP A LITTLE QUIETER, WILL YA? WE HAVE A GROWING BOY SLEEPING!" He roared, forgetting about their slumbering baby giant.

Zelo woke up and rubbed his eyes.

He made his way to the bathroom.

"Is Yonggukkie hyung okay?"

Zelo's aegyo always turned up in the mornings, when he was half asleep and not aware of what he was saying.

"If he's not, Zelo will be sad. What would Zelo do without his Gukkie hyung?"

Everyone stared at Zelo.

Even Yongguk paused in his vomiting.

Zelo rubbed his eyes and finally snapped out of it.

"What? Do I have something on my face or something?"

Youngjae snorted and grabbed his toothbrush, while Himchan started brushing his hair.

Yongguk turned back around to face the toilet.

 

The other two had already left the bathroom, but Yongguk was still throwing up.

Himchan, who was cooking in the kitchen, called out,"You've passed the five minute mark! Shall I set the egg timer to 10 minutes?"

"Are you looking to set a goddamn record? Because you're doing a ing great job." Youngjae snarked, laying down lazily on the couch.

Zelo was curled up next to Yongguk, holding his head up, making sure that he wouldn't choke on his vomit.

In a lull in his barfing, Zelo gathered up his courage to ask him a question.

"Yongguk hyung, do you remember anything from yesterday?"

"Not really. I remember walking here, but that's about it. Did I do something weird?"

Zelo looked as if someone had killed his mother, run over his dog, and stolen his candy.

Zelo's voice hardened. "No. You just passed out." 

Yongguk started vomiting again, missing the expression on Zelo's face.

 

Truthfully, Yongguk remembered almost everything.

He wanted to forget.

What would happen if he told his parents if he were gay?

They would hate him.

He would hate himself.

Confessing to Zelo destroyed everything that he had been doing.

He had to get away, he had to distance himself.

After he was able to keep everything down, he mumbled a thanks and ran like hell.

Hopefully, Zelo wouldn't hate him.

Even if Zelo did hate him, it didn't matter.

Gaining someone else's love wasn't worth losing his parent's love, especially since his brother had chosen to go with his boyfriend.

It was awful, the yelling, the screaming, the slamming of doors.

His brother grabbed a couple of things, ran out, and never came back.

He didn't want the same to happen to him.