27

I'll show you (Get ing ready)

It seemed like a dream.

Yongguk could visualize his brother in the same position.

It all came back to him, crystal clear.

His parents kept yelling and screaming.

He was completely frozen, not responding to the beating that his dad was giving him.

It wasn't until his mom slapped Zelo that he finally moved.

He grabed her hand and gently, but forcefully, removed it from Zelo's face.

He picked up Zelo, princess style, and walked out.

He shielded Zelo from later blows, even though his back was starting to feel like burning hot coals were poured on it.

Turns out that his dad had found his old baseball bat.

He kept walking, he didn't look back once.

The only thing that he took out of his house was his phone, but he only used it once more.

After they got to a safe distance, they stopped at a park.

They sat on the bench and he took out his phone.

He dialed the only person he could think of, the only person that could help him now.

".. Hyosung noona... Can I please come over?"

He didn't wait for a response.

As soon as those words left his mouth, he snapped the phone in half and tossed it aside.

Zelo was staring at him with wide eyes.

He smiled bravely, comforting Zelo.

"Yongguk hyung... will you be okay?"

"Let's just get over to a safe place. We can stay there for the night."

"Y-Yongguk, I can walk by myself.."

Politely refusing Zelo's offer of just walking himself, Yongguk picked up Zelo again and commenced walking.

He needed to feel Zelo's body against his, he needed to know that Zelo wouldn't leave him.

 

They arrived at an upscale building, not unlike Zelo's, and went to up in the elevator.

Yongguk walked down the hall and knocked on one of the doors.

Hyosung opened the door, disheveled.

"YAH BANG YONGGUK, HOW CAN YOU JUST HANG UP I WAS SO WORR-"

"Hyosung?"

"Oh, hello, Zelo. I see that you got together with my brother- so proud- but I need to talk with Yongguk right now. Why don't you take a shower to calm yourself?"

She all smiles, but Zelo could see that she wanted him to leave the room.

He nodded and walked into the bathroom.

He the water, and quickly took a shower.

Once he was done, Zelo sat next to the door, opened it a little, and listened.

"Yongguk... Did mom and dad...?"

Hyosung trailed off.

"Yeah."

She tutted.

"Take off your shirt, Yongguk. Now."

He winced and pulled it off, the shirt sticking to his wounds.

"You idiot, how could you just take this? Why didn't you do anything?"

"I didn't want to scare Zelo, and they're my parents. I can't raise a hand against them."

She grabbed a first aid kit and cleaned Yongguk's back.

Yongguk sighed.

"Maybe if i hadn't brought him over..."

Zelo felt terrible.

He curled up in a ball and sat there, wondering.