36

I'll show you (Get ing ready)

"I-It's not that I'm tired of you.."

"Then what is it?"

Yongguk's voice had taken on a dangerous tone.

"I-I just d-didn't want to be a burden to you, l-like she said."

"Like who said?"

"Nobody."

"Tell me, Zelo."

"It's nothing."

"It's obviously something if you're like this."

"It's nothing, so leave me alone! I'm only going to weigh you down."

"Well, you know what? Maybe you are."

Frustrated, Yongguk left.

Zelo felt a fresh wave of tears come to his eyes.

This was all for the best, but why did it hurt so much?

 

"You. Did. WHAT?!"

A barrage of pillows were flung directly at Yongguk's head.

Jongup caressed the bridge of his nose.

Daehyun silently watched, a popsicle hanging in his mouth.

He spoke up, saying,"Now, I've done some stupid stuff. But, you, my friend, have topped it all."

Yongguk growled.

"What was I supposed to do? He kept going on about stupid crap that wasn't true, and I couldn't take it anymore. So, I left."

"You left Zelo in a goddamn alleyway, DRESSED AS A GIRL, where he might be, I dunno, AND THEN KILLED BRUTALLY?! HIS INTESTINES MIGHT BE GETTING PULLED OUT, ONE FOOT AT A TIME AT THIS VERY MOMENT! HIS HEAD COULD BE GETTING SNAPPED OFF AND HIS BODY MIGHT BE GETTING DRAGGED BEHIND A PICKUP TRUCK, BLOOD AND SKIN SNAGGING ON CRACKS IN THE ROAD!"

Daehyun paled and set his popsicle down.

Yongguk rubbed his neck.

"I think you're overreacting a little, Jongup."

Jongup panted and tried to calm himself down.

"You ing idiot," He hissed. "If one hair on Zelo's head is harmed from this, I'll-"

At that moment, Youngjae burst in, breathing heavily.

He tried to speak, but he was so winded, only puffs of air came out.

Daehyun ran over.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yes... But Ze-Zelo, he can't walk. He's in the hospital. Himchan wanted me to tell you that he's okay now, but wanted to know what happened. He left his phone at home, and Zelo won't talk."

Jongup's head whipped around and he glared at Yongguk, flexing his arms menacingly.

Yongguk gulped nervously, as he heard Jongup's knuckles cracking.

 

Youngjae and Daehyun held Jongup down.

"JONGUP, CALM YOURSELF! PUTTING YONGGUK IN THE HOSPITAL IS NOT THE WAY TO GO!"

Finally, Himchan arrived at the scene, his eyes weary and tired.

Without saying a word, he swiftly dodged Jongup's flying fists and hugged him from the back.

"Uppie, calm down. I'm tired and don't want to deal with anything else right now."

Jongup calmed down almost instantly.

"What's wrong with Zelo?"

"Oh, it's nothing to serious. He fell from the heels Sungjong made him wear because the tears in his eyes made it hard to see where he was going."

Everyone stared accusingly at Yongguk.

"I didn't mean for this to happen, okay?! I just couldn't deal with Zelo at that moment. He was talking about how he was a burden to me- which he isn't- and he wouldn't listen to me."

Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"Then why on earth would you, I dunno, LEAVE AN EMOTIONAL, HORMONAL, PUBESCENT TEENAGE BOY ON A GODDAMN STREET CORNER BY HIMSELF?!"

"Excuse me, it was an abandoned alleyway."

Himchan stiffened.

"That's it. Call Key. We're going to need the big guns to get some sense into this one."