Day 86

2013, Year of Us

Wednesday March 27th, 2013

“So Yu-ki, what are your plans after you graduate? Are you going to stay in Seoul or are you come back here to look for a job?” Tao’s mother asked her. The two families were having dinner together at the Huang’s and after Tao’s last lecture of the day, Yu-ki had followed Tao home instead of waiting around for her mother.

"I’m not quite sure auntie.” Yu-ki responded after a moment of thinking. “I just want to focus on getting through the next few years first before I start thinking about what’s going to happen after. I mean I still have two more years to figure that out right?”

“That is true, but it doesn’t hurt to start looking around doesn’t it? I mean Tao here is already pretty dead set on what he wants to do after he graduates.” she gushed on about her son.

“I’m not too worried. I feel that there are many opportunities for me out there.”

“Yeah, Katie can do freelance or set up a studio.” Yu-ki’s mother chimed in. “Or she could get hired by a company like a magazine or newspaper.”

“Oh my goodness.” Tao’s mother exclaimed. “Could you imagine if Tao and Yu-ki worked for the same publication? Our children, under the same roof.”

Yu-ki looked at Tao curious as to his reaction. He merely shrugged, but didn’t show any signs of disagreement. She returned his shrug with one of her own and couldn’t shake the image of the two of them working together, side by side.

 

“It’s so nice to have you back home Yu-ki.” Tao’s mother said to her at the door. “It has been too long since I have seen you.”

“It’s very good to be back.” Yu-ki responded as she hugged her. “I’ll be sure to see you once more before I leave. I’ve missed it here a lot.”

“Well, you’re always welcome in this family.”

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Not really content with this update but this is the best I can do right now. The whole point of this chapter is to highlight what could happen in the future (or what could have happened....). Just a heads up the next few chapters are going to be very surprising/reveal a lot of things so be prepared!