Day 50

2013, Year of Us

 

Tuesday February 19th, 2013

“You wanted to see the pandas?” Chanyeol deadpanned. “That’s why we came to Hong Kong? To see pandas?” The sign in front of him read ‘Giant Panda Adventure’, Jongdae skipped happily into the building paying no attention to Chanyeol’s complaints. Kyungsoo shook his head disapprovingly, but followed suit.

“I can’t believe Jongdae hyung chose to see the pandas.” Jongin grumbled.

“Come on,” Yu-ki skipped and grabbed his arm. “It can be fun! Besides, there are tons of other things to do here.” She promptly pulled him to join the rest of the group.

“We can see pandas in Seoul. We could be doing other things.” He continued complaining, but followed nonetheless.

 

“Let’s go on that!” Kyungsoo shouted pointing at the roller coaster. The group had gotten tired of looking at the pandas as they didn’t do anything. Within the first ten minutes they had wanted to leave, ironically the one who wanted to stay longer was Chanyeol. But they’re just so cute! He said as Baekhyun dragged him away.

“Umm, I’d rather not.” Baekhyun said quietly glancing at the exit. “I’ll stay behind and watch your bags. You guys can go ahead.” The others gave him sympathetic looks as they dropped their bags at his feet.

“I’ll stay with Baekhyun. You guys can go.” Yu-ki pushed the boys forward. “Don’t want him accidentally selling his internal organs to anyone.” She joked.

“What about us? What if we accidentally sell our internal organs?”

"You guys have Jongdae.” She shrugged. “Now go before the line gets too long.”

 

“I’m gonna head to the bathroom before they come back.” The other boys had just finished their ride and would be out in a few minutes after checking on their photo.

“Okay, I’ll wait here.” Yu-ki waved at him before turning back to look at the next train go up the ramp.

“Are you sure you’re not stalking me?” Yu-ki turned around at the sound of a male voice behind her.

“Lu Han!” she smiled seeing the male. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing.” He shrugged. “I’m here on work, but today was my day off.”

“So you decided to come here?” Yu-ki asked.

"The pandas are cute.” He held up his camera in explanation.

“That’s what Chanyeol said.” She giggled. “That’s one of my friends. I’m here on vacation with them.” Yu-ki explained. Lu Han nodded his head in understanding.

“Who’s this Yooki?” Baekhyun came back and was hesitantly looking at Lu Han.

“This is-”

“My name is Lu Han.” He interrupted her stretching his hand out for a hand shake.

“Are you a photographer?” Baekhyun asked visibly going paler, unconsciously reaching for Yu-ki.

“Yes, I am! I was just talk-”

“What are you doing?” Chanyeol called out putting an arm around Baekhyun and Yu-ki’s shoulder’s protectively.

“Hi,” Lu Han greeted enthusiastically unfazed by Chanyeol’s accusatory tone. “My name is Lu Han and I’m a photographer.” He waved his camera around. “I have a blog and one of my followers gave me a mission to take pictures of 100 strangers smiling.” He paused to look at each of their faces properly, lingering slightly between Yu-ki and Jongin. “I would really appreciate it if one of you guys helped me with my completing my project.”

Everyone looked apprehensively at Baekhyun whose eyes were glued to the ground. “I’ll do it.” Jongin spoke up. “I’ll help you with your photography project. I just need to smile right?” Lu Han nodded with excitement and pulled Jongin off to the side.

 

 

Ocean Park is like an aquarium theme park. Running Man went here too. Side note, I was totally approached be a phtographer who had a challenge to take pictures of 100 stranger's smiles.