Day 103

2013, Year of Us

Saturday April 13th, 2013

Breaking News: KF Investment CEO’s second child revealed

Yu-ki stared at the grainy photograph that was currently being shown on television screens across the nation. There was no mistaking that the photograph was indeed taken from the Kim Household’s courtyard, Yu-ki would recognize her best friend’s yard anywhere. However, despite the unfocused image, the figure could be seen very clearly. A figure that Yu-ki would often see in the library.

 


“Who are you?” Yu-ki asked as she was greeted by an unfamiliar face at the door.

“Hello, I’m the temporary housekeeper while Miss Im is visiting her sick grandmother in the countryside. May I ask for your name?” The female introduced herself with a bow.

“Ahh. Well, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Yooki, Jongin’s best friend.” Yu-ki told the other with a bow herself.

“Is the young master expecting you? I don’t recall him having any appointments today.”

Yu-ki scoffed internally. She knew how much Jongin hated being called a ‘young master’, it made him sound like he actually cared about the family business.

“No, he doesn’t know I’m here, I didn’t call in advance. Is he busy right now?” Yu-ki asked with a slight distain in her voice.

“No, that’s quite alright. The young master is in the parlour, shall I go fetch him?” the housekeeper responded with a smile. It was getting on Yu-ki’s nerves.

“No, that’s quite alright.” Yu-ki responded tone slightly mocking her. “The parlour right? I know my way around.” Pushing past her, Yu-ki ventured into the hallways.

Nearing the doors to the parlour, Yu-ki could hear Jongin laughing as well as another voice blending with his. The voice sounded familiar, but she couldn’t quite place it. The doors to the parlour were slightly ajar, and walking even closer now, Yu-ki could see through them and its inhabitants. There, sitting next to Jongin was Kim Joonmyun. Quickly grabbing her camera and snapping a photo through the crack in the door, she made a quick retreat.

As she was putting on her shoes, the housekeeper came by. “Leaving so early Miss?”

“Yes, Jongin is busy at the moment. I will be taking my leave now.”

“Busy?” the housekeeper asked confused. “Ah, he must still be with his brother. Shall I inform him you dropped by?”

Brother? “No, that’s alright.” Yu-ki responded calmly despite having uncovered something big. “It wasn’t important, I’ll talk to him tomorrow. Thank you.”


“Your face looks weird.” Baekhyun said in greeting. Yu-ki glared at Baekhyun for the unnecessary statement.

“What are you thinking about?” Chanyeol interrupted before a fight could break out between the two.

“Do you guys know Jongin’s brother?” she asked. Yu-ki had become fast friends with Jongin and often she would hear the news talk about his brother, but the subject was never brought up within their friend group.

“No.” The others responded.

“Why not? Aren’t you guys childhood friends?” Yu-ki asked genuinely curious.

“His father remarried before we met.” Jongdae explained.

“We never bothered to ask about it.” Kyungsoo continued.

“Besides, he gets enough of it from the public, he doesn’t need his friends prying into his life either.” Chanyeol concluded.


…remarried in 2003. His second wife had a son and just two years ago his existence was made public. However, despite constant pressure and investigation by the press, the family has stayed quiet on any details. This photo, taken of the Kim Household courtyard, is the only one depicting the mystery family member. He is said to be 17 and currently finishing his last year of high school…

 

Yu-ki watched the news broadcast and laughed. Oh, how wrong could they be.

 

 

To: Kim Jongin
I’m here if you need me.

 

To: Kim Joonmyun
Keep your head up.

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Ahhhh! You weren't expecting that now were you? For those of you that are still not quite getting it (since I probs at writing and can't convey ideas properly) Jongin and Joonmyun are step siblings. Jongin's father married Joonmyun's mother. I will go into more detail regarding their family stuff in the next update.
For reference, the first bit of italics in the beginning is a news headline. The next bit separated by the line break is a flashback/memory which takes place some time last year, and the next bit (also separated by a break) takes place like a week or so after Yu-ki initially finds out. Finally, the last bit after the break is a continuation of the news broadcast that is being shown on the tv.