Day 62

2013, Year of Us

Sunday March 3rd, 2013

"Are you a rich kid too?” Today’s victim of her sudden interrogation was Kyungsoo. The two were out to lunch as they were the only ones of their group available. Jongin was busy with rehearsals for next week’s show, Jongdae was swamped with homework, Chanyeol was at the library ‘studying’, and Baekhyun was being Baekhyun. He was holed up in his studio drafting two years’ worth of designs that would most likely never make it to the public eye.

“Ah, Jongdae warned me this would happen.” he said around a mouthful of lettuce.

“What? That I would ask you questions about your life?”

"He told me that you enjoyed playing 20 questions regarding your life here in Seoul.” Kyungsoo answered while wiping his mouth with a napkin. “You have 19 more questions.” He leaned closer towards her.

“Actually,” Yu-ki pushed his forehead with her finger, “you didn’t answer my first question so I still have 20 to ask.” She informed him with a smirk.

“Actually,” he mimicked her tone, “you asked two questions, and to answer your first question, I’m not as wealthy as you or Jongin, and definitely not as wealthy as Baekhyun or Chanyeol, but my family does slightly better than Jongdae.”

“Right, and what exactly is it that your family does?”

“We’re in the construction business. You know the EXO Apartment Complex near your house? That’s ours. We’re also the contractor for a majority of the offices in Gangnam and Hongdae.”

“Why does Baekhyun hide all the time?” Yu-ki asked the one question that she has wondered for a long time.

“I can’t tell you that. Even if he has told you before, it’s not my place to talk about his life. He’ll tell you when he wants to.” Kyungsoo responded seriously.

“I figured you would say just as much. I honestly didn’t even mean to ask that. I guess there’s no use in asking about Chanyeol then either?”

“Nope.” Kyungsoo shook his head. “You just wasted two questions. You have 3 left.”