Day 4

2013, Year of Us

Friday, January 4th, 2013

“Yooookiiiii!” a yell echoed in the hallway. Yu-ki looked up from her hospital meal just in time to watch the door fly open with a bang. Through the open door, a male around her age made a beeline for her bed. “I’ve missed you.” He all but shouted into her ear as he enveloped her into a bone crushing hug. "You don't know how exhausting it was to be stuck with the others for a month without you." He pulled back for a second looking her in the eye. “I’m so sorry! It’s all my fault you’re in here.” He continued speaking. Unfortunately for him, Yu-ki did not understand a word but picked up on the emotions in his voice.

“Katie!” The door opened for the second time with a bang. This time, her brother sauntered in and promptly threw the stranger off his sister. “Jongin, I told you, she has amnesia.” He told him. "You're probably scaring her. She has no idea who you are." 

“That’s fine.” the boy, Jongin, said looking up at Kris with an innocent smile. “You can translate for us.” Turning to look back at Yu-ki, he started to talk. Not bothering to pay attention to what he was saying, she focused on him instead.

He had dark brown hair that was currently being held down by a hat perched upon his head. His eyes shone as he spoke animatedly about something adding a few gestures to go along with his story. Even if the current Yu-ki had no idea who this person was, she could at least commend the past her for finding acquaintances that were this good looking. She realized a moment too late that he had stopped talking and now she was just staring at him. He was still smiling and not once did he look away from her. Blinking once, she turned her gaze to her brother.

“This is Jongin.” Kris explained shortly with a roll of his eyes, "He's your best friend and overall nuisance"