Day 11

2013, Year of Us

Friday January 11th, 2013

“My birthday is on Monday.” Yu-ki looked at Jongin cocking an eyebrow. The two were currently sitting in her living room doing homework. Well, Jongin was doing homework, Yu-ki was watching a children’s television program, oddly enough, it was really helping with her Korean proficiency. The school day had already ended for the two of them (really just Jongin though) and they returned to Yu-ki’s apartment. Normally Jongin would leave after making sure she got in safe, but today he stayed. We do this every Friday. He explained taking a seat on the couch making himself comfortable as he pulled out textbooks.

“My birthday is on Monday.” He repeated. “Kyungsoo hyung has his tomorrow. We’re having a joint party thing on Sunday.” Jongin said casually. “You kinda already said you were going.” He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Yu-ki was confused. Where was he going with this? “But, given your situation, I think it’s best if you don’t go.” Jongin looked her in the eye. “I mean, I can tell that you’re getting frustrated with the whole ‘I wish to speak to you but can’t’ and all the ‘I have no idea who you are please stop talking to me’ moments.” he sighed. “I just don’t want you getting overwhelmed. I mean all the hyungs will be there so it’s not like you’d be alone or anything, but still…” he trailed off slowly.

“I think it’s best if she goes.” The duo turned their heads to the entrance. “I mean, normality is what she needs right?” Kris said walking into the room sitting on the arm of the sofa, still in his work clothes. “Katie should go and get used to seeing the faces of the people around her. Who knows, maybe she could even remember something. But the decision is yours Katie.” Her brother turned to face her. “You can choose whether or not you want to go.”

“Yeah but-”

“I’ll go.” Yu-ki spoke up. She trusted for brother. If he said it could help, maybe it could. If not, well it wouldn’t hurt to go out for once wouldn’t it?