Day 26

2013, Year of Us

Saturday January 26th, 2013

“Why do I live here?” Yu-ki asked Minseok who was in the middle of an intense video game.

“Because you have nowhere else to live.” He answered smoothly without looking away from his game. Yu-ki resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

“I know that,” she sighed. “I meant why do I live here, specifically in this apartment with you and Kris. I mean as far as I know you guys didn’t know each other until last June.”

“I needed a roommate, your brother needed a place to stay.” Minseok shrugged not really seeing the problem with it. “You were like an added bonus.”

 

Yu-ki’s first year at Seoul National, like most other first years, was spent living in a dorm. It wasn’t really different from living at home, except she now lived with three other girls instead of her father. At the same time, Kris was finishing his degree in Vancouver and had decided to move to Korea and teach there full time after graduating.

Originally, Yu-ki had been planning on finding her own place to live so she kindly rejected Kris’ offer of finding a place together. Living on her own wasn’t something she was a stranger to. Kris saw it as his little sister wanting to gain some independence and didn’t bat an eye instead looking for a place of his own. He had stumbled across Minseok who was looking for renters to occupy his spare rooms. Unfortunately, Yu-ki ran into some trouble looking for her own place as she had very specific requests that could not be met. Thankfully, Minseok, although only looking for male roommates, had agreed to let her rent a room though without some extra convincing from Kris.

 

“Well, more like an unwanted extra, but still. At least the rent is less.”

 

 

[A/N]: If you are reading this for the first time, ignore this, but if you are reading this as I edit, then this chapter has quite a few changes in it. Nothing major that affects the plot line, but just a very annoying plot hole that I just realized. Oops.