Day 84

2013, Year of Us

Monday March 25th, 2013

Yu-ki returned to the UBC campus Monday afternoon and the 48 hours away did nothing to stop the talk about her from circulating around. With a sigh, she took out her headphones and plunged herself in to the music as she followed her mother to her next class. The music helped drown out the sounds of the whispers but did nothing to shield her from the stares.

September 21st, 2008
I knew it. Coming back here was a mistake. It has only been two weeks and I hate it already. I know I have to put up an indifferent façade, but it is getting really annoying. I kinda liked it better when they didn’t know who I was. I’d rather be the mysterious new kid that no one bothered than the daughter of one of the newest business moguls that everybody wants to befriend. I want to go back home so bad, but I told myself that I made a promise not to.

Yu-ki sat in her mother’s lecture reading her journal intently trying to take her mind off of the looks burning into her back. For the most part it was working. She had chosen to skip the events of twelfth and eleventh grade and go back to the beginning of tenth grade. She had recalled the memory she had suddenly remembered while back in Guangzhou and decided to look into that a little deeper. This particular journal entry seemed to be written two weeks after the last of her memory and as she had expected, it was not good.

October 7th, 2008
It has officially been a month since school has started and no one seems to have relented on their quest to “get to know me better”. How fake can they all be? As if all of last year did not happen.

Wait. Last year? What happened last year? She moved to grab her older notebook from her bag and tried not to notice how her sudden movement put everyone’s attention on her.

September 4th, 2007
Today is the first day of school. I am so grateful that my parents had put me in Chinese school. It's gonna help immensely now that I live here......I live here now. This is home. It kinda just sunk in, but this is the best for everyone.

September 5th, 2007
Yesterday I was expecting to fly under the radar, but became the centre of attention really quickly. Turns out everyone has known each other since they were all really young. New students are exceptionally rare, but I guess that’s to be expected in the world of prestigious private schools. I was taught to never flaunt my status around so when my classmates asked what my parents did, I didn't answer.

September 6th, 2007
Apparently I made a mistake in not answering their question yesterday. Somehow in the span of 24 hours, people have assumed that I am poor. Because I didn’t answer their question yesterday they thought I was embarrassed of my poor status? How does that logic even work?

September 7th, 2007
This school can never seem to make up its mind. Yesterday I was poor but today I can't be. The fact that I arrive to school in a car with a chauffeur and all suddenly puts me in a higher bracket. Some still aren’t convinced, but honestly, why do they care?

September 8th, 2007
So the first week of school went okay I guess. It was the typical “new city, new school” but with the added twist of this being a fancy private school. I have never had to deal with rich kids before, that was more of Kevin Kris’ department.

September 10th, 2007
And we are back to debating over my status at school. Over the weekend some of my classmates decided to do a background check on me. They "need to know what my inheritance will be". This all necessary so they "know which group I can hang out with". Yeah. I don't get it either. Since 'Katie Li' technically does not exist in the world that they live in, I wonder what it is exactly that they found.

September 11th, 2007
My classmates have hit a new low. It has only been a week and they have decided that I am not a “pureblood”. Everyone is convinced that I am the daughter of some big business mogul that was born out of wedlock. In other words, I am an illegitimate child. I know right.

Yu-ki rolled her eyes. Turns out her life in Guangzhou was in fact a really badly written teen drama. How shallow could everyone be? Deciding to skip the drama, Yu-ki turned some pages into the future.

November 27th, 2007
Today the girls found out that I was related to Kris. I guess they saw me coming out of the same car as him in the morning or something because in homeroom suddenly everyone was asking me questions. I thought nothing of it, but everything got weird during lunch. It started just like any other day, Tao and I found a table to sit at and talked about our day so far, when all of a sudden all these girls started to surround him. Umm, what? I mean don't get me wrong. Taozi is a great person and everything I could ever want in a best friend but who were these girls to suddenly take interest in him? He is my best friend. But apparently, that is exactly what interested the girls. He is my best friend and Kris is my brother and therefore they must know each other on some level.

Wait. Hold on. Tao? Kris? Why would she be talking about them if they were on the other side of the world? What happened between September and then?

November 6th, 2007
Today is Kris' 17th birthday! Tao came over and-

 

Something isn't right here. Yu-ki was supposed to be in Guangzhou not Vancouver. Desperate to find answers she went backwards in time.

October 29th, 2007
Pumpkin carving today! I was given specific instructions from my mother to keep Kris away from the decorating of the house. Last time we let him near a pumpkin-

October 15th, 2007
Mr. Richards is so unfair. I swear he is grading me harder just because my mother is an English professor. How can he do that-

October 11th, 2007
Kris is buried under school work. I don't think I've ever seen him work so hard. It must be the stress of university applications that are due soon. I can't imagine-

September 28th, 2007
That's it! I can't take it anymore. I knew that moving to Guangzhou was going to be different, but I wasn't expecting this. I feel like I actually stepped onto a drama set. Children like this is the main reason why I chose not to follow in my father's footsteps! This is the last straw. Tomorrow morning I am heading over to the airport and getting on the next flight back to Vancouver.

 

 

And that was the moment she snapped. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: Day 84! This is the chapter that I promised that would look into her past and reveal quite a bit of her back story. Although this is probably still a miniscule amount of the entire story and much more is to come.

For the timeline of her journal entries, September 2008-June 2009 was tenth grade (the time where her memory in Day 55) and September 2007-June 2008 would be ninth grade (I can't remember if I already revealed what happened during this time so I won't just in case....you will get it next chapter)

Other than that, I don't think I have any other notes. Next chapter will finally be new material! Super excited to post everything

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! I am back! After posting my thoughts, I got so much support and I cannot thank you guys enough. I read each and every single one of your comments and they all mean so much to me. I have decided to go ahead and continue with this story (I spend too much time and brain power developing it) and I would like to share it all with you guys, Please do keep in mind however that updates will not be on a set schedule and it will probably take a long time for me to finish this. I would like to thank each and every single one of you guys and you just don't know how much you all mean to me. Everything you have done for me this past week is just spectacular and I cannot put into words what that all means to me.

 

Come and have a chat with me! You can find me on all kinds of social media. TUMBLR for pictures and text posts of my favourite people, TWITTER for real time updates on my fics (this is my fic twitter, if you want my personal twitter message me!), ASK.FM for questions about anything (fics, life, school), WEIBO just because (I don't really use it, I just follow all my Chinese artists there) I also have LINE and KAKAO as well as INSTAGRAM (please message me for my username if you wish to add me)

For my Canadian readers, I do group orders of photobooks! Right now I have orders for Jongdae fansites Eden and Nuna as well as Chanyeol site, Hello Puppy. Please check that out HERE. And if they are not your cup of EXO tea, you can go HERE (katelyn), HERE (Su.gar & Do.nut), HERE (PBGO), or HERE (xdrey) they are all wonderful people and are super nice. Right now, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun, Yixing, Jongdae, Jongin, and Lu Han have some on going orders and they all look to be amazing!

 

Once again, I cannot thank you all enough for everything that you have done for me. I am forever grateful.