Day 80

2013, Year of Us

Thursday March 21st, 2013

Yu-ki nudged the person beside her and cocked her head towards the front of the room not taking her eyes off her laptop screen.

The male sitting beside her laughed under his breath and turned back to the front but not before nudging her back. Yu-ki smiled to herself as she continued to write her short essay. Today Tao had decided to sit beside her again gaining the attention of everyone, but the two did not mind. At least they were not accompanied by Tao’s other friends today who decided to sit where they normally did near the back.

For the entire lecture, Tao kept trying to look over at Yu-ki’s laptop to see what she was working on, and Yu-ki kept nudging him away not wanting her work to be seen. (Though really, Tao wouldn’t have understood anyways as it was written all in Korean). And so the 90 minute lecture was soon coming to an end.

“Just a reminder that your second midterm is next Thursday.” Yu-ki’s mother announced to the class. Around her she could hear everyone trying to pack their bags as quietly as possible. “It will cover all the material from the last midterm to next Tuesday’s class. It will be based on both materials from the textbook as well as my lectures.” Saving the edits made to her paper, Yu-ki also began gathering her things. “You should be well prepared if you have been keeping up with the readings and paying attention during lectures instead of going out and being distracted by my daughter. Class dismissed.”

Yu-ki froze. Her eyes widened as she turned slowly to look at Tao who mirrored her expression of shock. Slowly, the class around them began to realize exactly what was said. Breaking out of her stupor, Yu-ki brought her hands back to her keyboard and began typing. She wasn’t aware of what she was typing or if she was even writing proper words, she was just doing anything to keep her hands from shaking.

Yu-ki tried to ignore all the comments flying around her and the stares she was getting as people walked past her. Beside her, Tao watched her closely and noticed the subtle shaking of her hands and the unconscious flinch as a particularly rude comment was thrown her way. Soon the lecture hall was empty, everyone had gone to spread the news, and the only ones left were Tao and his friends.

 

“You’re Professor Wu’s daughter.” James spoke as if the world’s greatest mystery had been solved. “It all makes sense now. I thought you reminded me of someone, and now I realize who it was. Turns out you guys are siblings. God, you guys have such good genes.” He tried joking sensing the tension.

“We’ve hit the jackpot guys.” Bryan said ecstatic. “Don’t you see it? Katie here is our ticket to an A+. We can use her to get into the devil’s good book! Is that how you did it Edison? You were getting good marks because you’re dating the prof’s daughter.” At that Yu-ki lost it, she slammed down the top of her laptop so hard it echoed in the large hall. She shot one glare at the boy and ran.

“You ,” Tao shoved his friend hardly, “Katie wait!” He shouted as he chased after her.

“What?” Bryan stood confused.

“You’re such an idiot.” James and Tyler shook their heads shoving past him to grab Tao and Katie’s things.

 

“Kiki wait.” Tao grabbed her wrist lightly stopping her from running.

“Tao let go of me.” She tried wrestling her arm free but was unsuccessful.

“No.”

“Tao please.” Her voice cracked. His gripped eased slightly, but he turned her around and pulled her close to his chest. “People are staring.”

“Then let them stare.” He mumbled against the top of her head. “I’m not letting you push me away again. Not when I just got you back.”

“I’m sorry.” Yu-ki said into his chest. I’m sorry for moving away. I’m sorry for not keeping in touch with you. I’m sorry for reappearing like nothing happened. I’m sorry for everything that will come your way now. “I’m so sorry.” She whispered once again.

It wasn’t just an apology for everything that happened in the past, but an apology for everything that would happen in the future as well. It was all left unsaid, but Tao understood.

“I know.” He said as he ran his fingers through her hair. “I know.”

 

 

 

 

To: Kris Wu
You’re kinda a legend here…

 

From: Kris Wu
Ive been gone for a year and theyre still talking about me

 

To: Kris Wu
Don’t worry, they won’t be talking about you anymore

 

From: Kris Wu
They found out didnt they

 

To: Kris Wu
It’s gonna be kinda hard to live up to your legacy though. Not sure I can instill the same kind of fear in them

 

From: Kris Wu
You can do it. its nothing you havent faced before. Besides youre not alone over there

 

To: Kris Wu
Ew. Please stop. You’re getting all older brother on me. I don’t like it

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]:  has hit the fan (kinda sorta). Everyone now knows of her true identity (but not really) and that is not going to bode over well, especially not for Tao...

Other than that, there isn't really much to say about this chapter...just Tao and Yu-ki are more or less friends again (though it's kinda a bad thing now because Tao is gonna get so much crap for it as evident by Bryan's words). Also, Bryan is an .