Day 66

2013, Year of Us

Thursday March 7th, 2013

“I’m going back to Vancouver.” Yu-ki announced to the group that had gathered in Baekhyun’s studio. “My flight is Saturday.” Everyone was stunned silent.

Kyungsoo was the first to regain his senses and speak. “Why?” was all he could ask but it was the question on everybody’s mind.

“I just can’t work here. I need to get back to something familiar to me.” Yu-ki had been feeling this ever since she woke up in the hospital. Sure, she had gotten used to life here, but it wasn’t home to her.

“But, don’t you think that’s a bit rash?” Chanyeol added. “I mean one small accident doesn’t equate to you leaving.”

“I’m not leaving though.” Yu-ki said confused. “Wait, you guys thought I wasn’t going to be coming back?”

“No,” Jongdae scoffed. “Of course not.” He tried to joke, but Yu-ki could see everyone visibly relax.

“I don’t have an exact date of my return, but I will be back before exams.” She assured them.

“That’s still like a month.” Kyungsoo pointed out. “Are you going by yourself?”

“Of course. It’s not like Kris could come with me, he has a full time job here.”

 

As the conversation continued, two people remained silent. Baekhyun looked to the other person in the room who wasn’t bombarding Yu-ki with questions. He found it weird that the one person who was least concerned about her leaving was her own best friend. Rather than being surprised at the news, he looked more hurt. Walking over to Yu-ki as the others finally left her alone, Baekhyun lightly touched her arm and directed her attention towards her brooding best friend. Taking the hint, she smiled at Baekhyun and made her way over to Jongin.

“Hey,” she slightly nudged Jongin shaking him out of his thoughts. “What’s up? You haven’t said much.”

“Nothing,” he smiled. “Just thinking about how I’m going to survive with these idiots without you for a month.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be back before you know it.”

 


 

“You’re going to ask me what was bothering Yu-ki today.”

“How did you know?” Jongin said coming out from behind the wall.

“I figured she wouldn’t tell you and the both of you would come find me.”

“Well?” Jongin probed.

“She’s going back to Vancouver.”