Day 63

2013, Year of Us

Monday March 4th, 2013

“You have 20 minutes.” Yu-ki looked up from her notebook in confusion.

“20 minutes for what?” she asked Chanyeol who had found her in the common area of the Arts Building.

“Kyungsoo told me that you are going around playing 20 questions with everybody and I thought instead of giving you 20 questions, why not 20 minutes.” he explained. “So, ask away.”

Yu-ki closed her notebook and set it aside before taking a deep breath. Slowly she lifted her eyes to look at Chanyeol. “How are you today?” she finally asked.

“I’m fine.” He answered without hesitation speaking a little too loudly even though Yu-ki was directly in front of her. “Finals are starting in about a month so I have all my assignments due soon.”

“I see,” she nodded slowly, “are you prepared for your exams and stuff? Have you started studying yet?” Chanyeol looked at her weirdly, but answered none the less.

“I have started, but I think I might need to start putting in extra hours at the library if I want to be really prepared.” He looked up and was met with a slight frown marring Yu-ki’s face. “Well, there’s nothing I can really do about it.” He whispered lightly with a sad smile of his own. It only lasted momentarily as his face changed back to a bright smile in the next second. It was too bright that even Yu-ki knew it was forced. “What about you?” he tried changing the topic. “I mean since you’re on academic leave and everything, you don’t really have anything to do these days.”

“Well, I’m still in the process of getting my life back together so that’s taking up quite a bit of my time,” she joked going along with his question. If he didn’t want to talk about it, she wouldn’t push him about it. “Other than that, this Friday I’ll be going to the Arts Open House to support Jongin and Yixing. You’re going to that right?”

“Of course I am. What kind of friend would I be if I didn’t go to support them?”

 

“No more questions?” Chanyeol asked Yu-ki in confusion after her 20 minutes had passed. The two had spoken about small things here and there not really diving deep into the intricacies of their friendship.

“I don’t think so...” She responded after a moment of thinking.

“Nothing at all? That’s all you want to know?” he asked one more time.

“That’s all I need to know.” She looked directly into his eyes. “Anything else is up to you, whether or not you want me to know.”

From the bits and pieces that she heard from the others, Yu-ki could tell that, of all her friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were the least willing to talk about themselves and their families. Even if she had known whatever about their lives prior to her accident, that didn’t mean that she had to know now. She knew that it probably took a lot out of them to tell her the first time and to repeat it was difficult. They would tell her on their own time. “I’m always ready to listen if you’re ready to talk.” Yu-ki whispered into his ear as she gave him a reassuring hug. “I’ll see you later Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

 

 

Some Chanyeol stuff for you all. This is a pretty important chapter as it reveals a bit about his back story and stuff. The full story might not come out until much later. Umm, I forgot to mention this last chapter, but as mentioned Kyungsoo's family business is contruction and by that I don't mean like hard hats and everything. It's more development of these buildings. For those that would like a real life comparison, it's like what the Bluths do/did in Arrested Development.

Next chapter will feature some sibling bonding so look out for some Kris and after that, the real story begins with the first conflict.