Day 83

2013, Year of Us

Sunday March 24th, 2013

“Kris!” Minseok snapped his fingers in front of his face effectively gaining his attention.

“Huh?” he blinked in response. “Did you say something?”

“I asked if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight instead of staying in. I called your name like six times.” Minseok explained.

“Yeah, we can go out. Sorry, I was thinking about something.” Kris said as he made to grab a jacket distractedly.

“Stop worrying. She’ll be fine.” Minseok said exasperatedly with a roll of his eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Kris played dumb.

“Yooki. Clearly you are worried about her. She’ll be back soon, I don’t understand why you’re making such a big deal out of this.” Minseok swiftly left the apartment and made his way down the hall to the elevator.

“That’s that thing.” Kris said to himself as he closed their front door. “I’m not sure if she’ll even want come back.”

 

“Baek!”

“Hmmm,” he hummed lifting his head to meet Chanyeol’s waiting one. “Did you call me?”

“For like the past five minutes.” Chanyeol exclaimed. “Are you feeling alright? You’ve been really out of it these days.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired. Spent all of last night editing some photos.” Baekhyun responded waving off their worry.

Jongdae scoffed and shared a knowing look with Kyungsoo before smiling sadly. Baekhyun can pretend all he wants, but they both knew it was more than that. Kyungsoo shook his head at his friend’s stubbornness. Well before they met Yu-ki Baekhyun was able to manage everything perfectly and even during her month of unconsciousness Baekhyun had no problem taking on her role.

At least he isn’t alone, Kyungsoo thought as he looked over at their sullen youngest. Yu-ki was never forthcoming with her past, but whenever she spoke about home, she would get this faraway look in her eyes. No doubt she was thinking about something, or someone, that meant a lot to her back home.

 

 

“Jongin.” he sighed exasperatedly putting down his notes to look at the door. “I know you’re there.” A moment later, a pyjama clad Jongin, shuffled into the room flopping onto the couch in front of the desk.

“What is it?” he asked tiredly. “Is it about Yooki again?” Jongin didn’t respond and he just continued to stare at the ceiling.

“Hyung,” he finally whispered after a while. “What if she doesn’t come back?”

“She’s going to come back.” He responded not bothering to look up. “I don’t get why you’re so worried.”

“But what if she doesn’t?” Jongin repeated. “I mean I know she never really mentioned anything, but we all know there was someone back in Vancouver. She lost her memories. She knows nothing about us, her life in Seoul. All she knows is life back in Vancouver. What if he convinces her to stay and Yooki decides to leave us all here? What if I never see her again?”

“Jongin!” he stopped his ramblings to look at his hyung behind the desk. “She will come back.” He spoke clearly. “Yu-ki left to clear her mind in order to work on her final projects. She will be back before the semester ends. You talked to her last week and she said she was going to be back.” Hearing no further argument, he continued. “You will see her again. Have some faith. Now get some sleep you have school tomorrow.”

“Yes, hyung.” Jongin recites as he walked to the door. “You should get some sleep too hyung. You have school too.”      

 

 

 

 

 

 

[A/N]: This is a look into the thoughts of those in Korea while Yu-ki is in Vancouver. As you can see, there is an overall melancholy feeling, which is kinda pathetic fallacy (though not really because that's weather, but its not really foreshadowing either. I know there is word that I am looking for, my English teachers would be so upset right now).

Uhhh, yeah, some things to note here. Her friends (and pretty much everyone else) all know of something/someone back in Vancouver but do not know about Tao specifically. (does that make sense?) Also, Baek's section is really supposed to be a mini character development for him. That entire section is supposed to be about how she actually played a huge part in their lives and they didn't really realize it until now. And lastly, the last part is with Jongin and someone (who shall remain unknown for the time being) and is really really important! It is the same person as the one in Day 66. I've said it before, but it's really obvious as who it is (or maybe it's not. I dunno. I've known from the beginning so...)

And yeah. That's day 83. Next chapter (I don't know when that will be) will be more on Yu-ki's past!