Day 12

2013, Year of Us

Saturday January 12th, 2013

The weekend. Never before had Yu-ki been so happy to sleep in. She was normally an early riser, always getting up bright and early, something that Kris despised to no end being a night owl himself.

However, due to her still weak health and the constant strain on her brain and memory, she was exhausted by the end of the week. As much as she appreciated the help she was getting from the others regarding her amnesia, what she really needed now was a moment to herself.

Walking from her room, she strolled to the kitchen to find Minseok peering into the fridge.

“Oh, you’re awake.” He smiled over his shoulder when he noticed her presence. “Kris went out for groceries. He won’t be back for another hour or so.” Minseok informed her. Yu-ki nodded in response. The two have gotten significantly closer in the past week, despite their rocky start. They were now able to communicate efficiently despite her inability to speak. “I’ll be in my room, call if you need anything.” he grabbed a bottle of water before walking away down the hall to his room.

Looking at the clock, Yu-ki was surprised to see just how much she had overslept. With a sigh she grabbed a packet of crackers, a juice box and made her way back to her room. Grabbing a fresh notebook, a few pens, tape, and a handful of photos form her box of memories, she made the journey back into the living room.

Leafing through the photos, she pulled one of her brother from last year according to the text on the back.

Kris Wu Yifan (22)

  • November 27th, 1990
  • My older brother
  • Stayed with mom in Vancouver after the divorce
    • I went with dad to Guangzhou
  • Graduated from UBC with a B. A in English
  • Moved to Seoul last April
  • Teaches English at local Middle School

Yu-ki wrote down what she had learned about her brother in the past two weeks. Surprisingly a lot has changed in 7 years. For one thing he got extremely better looking. Last she remember, he was till in the awkward phase of puberty. Looking through the photos again, this time she pulled a picture of Jongin. According what she had written, it was taken about 9 months ago in March of 2012.

Kim Jongin (19)

  •    January 14th, 1994
  •    My best friend...?
  •    Second year Dance major
  •    Comes over every Friday
  •    Split personality

Jongin was someone that baffled her. At times he seemed very childish, but the second he was in class he was focused and couldn’t be distracted in any way. Even though Yu-ki was still showing signs of confusion and wariness, he didn’t take it in stride and worked even harder to help her. It was slightly frightening to see that this was all she knew about her supposed best friend. The person she had spent the past week with. Sighing she looked for a picture of Minseok instead. Apparently he had taken her camera one day and posed for a selca.

Kim Minseok (22)

  • March 26th, 1990
  • Our other roommate
  • Seoul National graduate with a B. Comm
  • Interns at Choi Corporation
  • Jokes with me a lot

“Ah, I remember that day.” Minseok surprised Yu-ki as he spoke from behind her. “You got so mad that day.” He continued as he took a seat beside her. “I never knew you kept the picture though.” Minseok turned to her with wide eyes. “You didn’t harbour a secret crush on me did you? Because I’m telling you right now, I don’t like you that way.” Yu-ki rolled her eyes and hit his arm playfully. “Ow, you say you lost your memory, but you still have the same mannerism.” Minseok cried as he rubbed his arm where she hit him. Hitting him again, she got up to grab another juice box from the kitchen. Seeing her notes, Minseok smiled to himself, scribbled something and retreated to his room.

Coming back into the living room, Yu-ki found it to be Minseok-free. Taking a seat, she continued with her notes. However, when she looked onto the page, something was added under Minseok’s section.

  • Is the best looking person I know :)